Retirement visa extension, mix bank an monthly income ?

On 3/23/2021 at 4:17 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the extension based upon retirement using a combination of money in the bank and income totaling 800k baht.

To prove the income you will letter from your embassy if they do them or proof of 12 months of transfers into a Thai bank from abroad. 

The money in the bank portion must be in the bank for 2 months when you apply and for the 3 months after that day. And then at least half of it will need to be in the bank for until you top it up to the required amount to apply for the next extension. Before reducing the amount afterword you will need to confirm how much your local office requires to be kept in the bank.

Last year this was refused in Nonthaburi.  They also don't except Fixed accounts and FCD

14 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

In the paperwork I have been given by Immigration to include in my next extension submission (April) an is acknowledgement of the financial requirements for retirement, is a paragraph which states

"5. Must have annual earning and fund deposited with a commercial bank in Thailand totaling of no less than THB 800,000 until the filing date. The fund must remain in the account prior to and after the permission is granted and the alien can make a withdrawal under same conditions as stated in (4)"

If you want I'll upload a copy of the form, which is in Thai and English.

No thanks. That is for the 800,000 in the bank method and I ain't risking that again.????????????????

15 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

If you come from the UK the "Pay tax in UK means no Tax in Thailand" agreement is dead. Was changed 2014 I believe, only limited parts can be taxed once, and that is by claiming a rebate of tax paid in Thailand from HMRC. However under Thai tax law 1) you need to be registered for Thai Tax, i.e. have a tax ID, and that is not mandatory even for Thais. 2) you have a personal allowance of 30,000 per year and taxable income up to 150,000 is currently exempt of tax.

Sorry...your write "that is not mandatory even for Thais" ...but do you mean ...."that is mandatory even for Thais"

Does this taxable income also apply to financial support to a Thai wife, which is required by law in case of extension for Non Imm O based on marriage?

7 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

Sorry...your write "that is not mandatory even for Thais" ...but do you mean ...."that is mandatory even for Thais"

Nope, I wrote what I meant, about 80% of Thais are not registered for tax purposes, this is not UK or US where you are automatically registered. The large majority, outside major companies, work as casual labor and are paid cash in hand.

There is currently no link between income for Immigration purposes and the Thai Revenue Department (Tax man), if you don't volunteer your income from home country the Thai tax man will be non the wiser.