Self file TM30

The quick question: What is required if I want to file a TM30 in person at the immigration office (Chiang Mai)?

The background info: checked into a hotel today to generate a TM30.  I usually stay in airbnb without registered TM30 (they want an extra 1,000 baht for a TM30).  Hotel cannot do because system is down. I plan to go to immigration office tomorrow for covid extension but I need a registered TM30 to do so.  So what do I need to do this? What forms/receipts do I need to take with me?  (Only tm30 info needed, I got the covid paperwork ready to go with the exception of TM30?

Thanks in advance for your helpful replies.

49 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You can't file a TM30 for yourself when staying at a hotel, only the hotel manager can do it. So you would have to take the hotel manager with you.

So they can fine you for it not being done but you can't do it yourself? 

The hotel manager could issue you with a power of attorney to do it in his name, but if he would do this? You would probably also require copies of documents like hotel license, something that shows that he is the manager, and so on.

30 minutes ago, SAcanman said:

I thought I had read elsewhere, but couldnt find the thread, that if I took a copy of his ID that would suffice.  Maybe I made this up? I'm not sure, that's why I ask.

I've seen similar posts. It was tad more than copy of his ID, but not a lot.

Is your immigration very far? At places such as MTT the staff where you obtain your queue can advise you what they would currently accept, esp in times where online is down.

Good luck.

What do you even need the TM30 for? To apply for an extension? What kind of extension?

If it's some tourist/covid extension I would probably just not say anything about TM30, just hand in your extension application with the passport copies, and if they ask you about it just say that you stay at a hotel and show the booking or whatever you have.

• Like 2

@SAcanman....what jackdd just posted above is exactly what I had been thinking.

I put your need for TM30 down to advice from your imm office. MANY reports of folk obtaining covid extensions without any reference to TM30.

Some have even stated...."was not asked for TM30".

Having said that also read where is was asked for.

5 hours ago, jackdd said:

What do you even need the TM30 for? To apply for an extension? What kind of extension?

If it's some tourist/covid extension I would probably just not say anything about TM30, just hand in your extension application with the passport copies, and if they ask you about it just say that you stay at a hotel and show the booking or whatever you have.

FWIW in the past few months I've been turned away at both Samui and Chiang Mai offices for not having the TM30. For COVID extensions. Bangkok MTT didn't check.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, moontang said:

They have been checking for them in Nonthaburi.. Recently for both 90 day report and OA extension. 

Why on earth does Nonthaburi want a TM30, esp for extensions.

Heard bad things about that imm office. Is it as bad as what some reports suggest?

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why on earth does Nonthaburi want a TM30, esp for extensions.

Heard bad things about that imm office. Is it as bad as what some reports suggest?

It is still much better than Chiang Mai.  There was a real big bellied officer out front checking docs, who was polite and smooth.  Then they brought in some Uni students, who can only do super basic things, certainly not detailed ones.  So there is an angry, short haired woman who screens docs before number is given... and she loves to send people on their way.  She did cut me slack on being fifteen minutes past their made up time for when you have to be in by.. 3pm.  My bank, which is spelled similar to CHIMP, took two hours to produce the letter, which she said was wrong, but her boss said was OK.  Seems to be Hell for teachers, but OK for retirees with 800k.  A guy from US , doing proof, got bounced a few times. Again, it was hairsplitting on bank letters.  This year, he got it on first try, though. 

• Like 1

UPDATE: the manager of the hotel filled out a paper copy of the TM30 which I then took to the immigration office and they accepted.  No ID or anything else required to register it.

Side note regarding covid extension:  easy as usual in the past couple extensions.  Only a couple things were different this time.  

1. They gave a small piece of paper with a sentence on it which I then  had to copy word for word onto my application - "I can come back for visa under consideration I  15 days"

2. They required copies of every single page of my passport which had stamps on it.  Didn't matter which country it was from, even if it zero inormation regarding Thailand.  

Thanks for everyone's replies and help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Dazzler said:

1. Did you download and complete your forms in advance for covid extension, and if so, did you give them single side or double sided STM2 and TM7 forms?

2. Did you have to submit an Affadavit for the extension?

I stay near the immigration office so I just popped by and picked up the paperwork a couple days prior.  I fill them out prior.

The TM7 is double sided and is the only form with 2 sides.

There is an affidavit form included in the paperwork they supply.  Just check the box(es) which are applicable.  In my case I checked 2.  I checked my embassy will not supply a letter and I also checked the other box and wrote in Covid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SAcanman said:

I stay near the immigration office so I just popped by and picked up the paperwork a couple days prior.  I fill them out prior.

The TM7 is double sided and is the only form with 2 sides.

There is an affidavit form included in the paperwork they supply.  Just check the box(es) which are applicable.  In my case I checked 2.  I checked my embassy will not supply a letter and I also checked the other box and wrote in Covid.

Last question, how many copies of passport pages are needed, just one?

On 3/24/2021 at 11:57 AM, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office. EVERY page of pp. That's off the wall crazy.

Good news you received the 60 days!

I was once asked for "every page" of the passport including blank ones, when I objected they said OK those with Thai stamps.

On 3/24/2021 at 4:27 PM, Dazzler said:

1. Did you download and complete your forms in advance for covid extension, and if so, did you give them single side or double sided STM2 and TM7 forms?

My local office, Phetchabun, would not allow me to use a downloaded TM7 form, they have their own pre-printed form with all the appended colored stamps on it. You have to queue to ask for it and show your passport to prove you need it before they will hand it over, difficult if your collecting one for a friend. Unlike some other offices their is no rack of forms to pick from, even the STM2 and others have to be requested over the counter, and not at the admin counter either.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I was once asked for "every page" of the passport including blank ones, when I objected they said OK those with Thai stamps.

For my first 90-day report this week in BK I copied every page.  The IO seemed surprised when I handed him the stack of papers.

For whatever reason my LL had not registered me in the system.  In the end, and after a quick call with my LL, he entered my address himself.  And with no payment involved.

• Like 1