Employer refused to give leaving letter: can I leave Thailand?

My non-B extension of stay due to work is not due to expire in 5 months.

I recently got a long-stay visa to be with my partner (not in my home country) and when I informed my employer that I would resign and have to leave TH, they refused to accept my resignation or give me a leaving letter. I know you need this letter to cancel your non-B extension of stay at immigration.  I know the right way is to get that leaving letter but my employer is being difficult and with this toxic situation I just want to leave as soon as I can. PCR tests aside I want to leave tomorrow, even. Anyway... 

I know this question might have been asked by others but:

1) will border control stop me at the airport on my flight out of TH even if I did not cancel my Non-B extension?  

2) should I just go to my home country first, THEN to my partner's country? not really sure why I'm asking this but I really don't know what else to do in my current situation

Hope anyone can help! Thanks! 

Thanks! Gonna book my flight soon. 

Just thought maybe I might be stopped since my employer refuses to accept my resignation. I don’t plan on coming back to TH after this, anyway. 

Do you guys think I have to leave my work permit at my workplace before leaving? Or is that unnecessary too?