Biden calls for tighter gun control measures after Colorado shooting

webfact

4 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I just finished watching Fox for the gun positions from several commentators. So help me out here. Why does banning assault weapons equate to it just being the beginning of another gun take away?

AR-15 not really an assault weapon.  It cannot fire more than a few rounds at a time.  Real assault weapons can.  I prefer revolvers, personally.

Just now, Isaan sailor said:

AR-15 not really an assault weapon.  It cannot fire more than a few rounds at a time.  Real assault weapons can.  I prefer revolvers, personally.

Yes, I did read that in the comments section. One poster stated this shooter took carefully aim so it was more like his auto feature was not at all automatic.  I have friends and family who care about their rights of gun ownership I do want to still know why AR's which once were banned and then expired. One other rebuttal notated how most ask recent mass shootings were done with an AR.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Serbia and Switzerland have higher gun ownership per capita than the USA...

Please provide your source.   JHere's what I find:

Estimate of civilian firearms per 100 persons:

US:   120.5

Serbia: 39.1

Switzerland: 27.6

(According to this source, the number in the US is at least double the rate of every other country except the Falkland Islands where the number is 62.1)

source:   https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

1 hour ago, tpazzi said:

Please provide your source.   JHere's what I find:

Estimate of civilian firearms per 100 persons:

US:   120.5

Serbia: 39.1

Switzerland: 27.6

(According to this source, the number in the US is at least double the rate of every other country except the Falkland Islands where the number is 62.1)

source:   https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

Yup, you're right and my source was wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pseudorabies said:

I wonder where these statistics come from as both the NIH and the CDC are prohibited from conducting research on gun violence.  In fact no federal funds are allowed to be used anywhere to research the cause/effects of gun violence in the US.  

If that isn't a good measure of how effed up the situation is in the US I'm not sure what is.

The DOJ

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Serbia and Switzerland have higher gun ownership per capita than the USA, yet, never any mass shootings. I wonder why.

WRONG!
usa(1) has  an Estimate of civilian firearms per 100 persons of 120.5, Serbia (6) of 39.1 and Switzerland (19) of 27.6 (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country)

There is NO country in the world where people have more guns than usa (1.2 gun per person!!!). And then you are wondering why there are so many (mass)(school)shootings?!? usa has nobody else to blame than themselves and their everlasting policy of fear; obviously they do NOT care as they are doing NOTHING.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Yea right tell that to the families of the dead and maimed from the Las Vegas slaughter I’m going to stop there cause I don’t want to get suspended.........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Some refugees?  How about thousands?  How about tens of thousands?  BTW we call them illegal aliens once they cross the border.

Why are you terrified of Latinos?im genuinely curious I have 4 properties within 20 miles of our southern border I’ve never ever had a problem what horrible experience did you have that it’s ok with you to turn children back into the desert to the tender mercy of the cartels and traffickers?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JulesMad said:

WRONG!
usa(1) has  an Estimate of civilian firearms per 100 persons of 120.5, Serbia (6) of 39.1 and Switzerland (19) of 27.6 (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country)

There is NO country in the world where people have more guns than usa (1.2 gun per person!!!). And then you are wondering why there are so many (mass)(school)shootings?!? usa has nobody else to blame than themselves and their everlasting policy of fear; obviously they do NOT care as they are doing NOTHING.

Did you read my post two posts above yours?

11 hours ago, DefaultName said:

"U.S. President Joe Biden on Tuesday called for a ban on assault weapons and tighter gun control measures "

He's President, he could just do it by executive order couldn't he?

Probably, but doing it that way can be reversed by order from the next pres to easily. Better to have it passed thru congress and senate.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

That is just the way in modern progressive America. People have finally leaned to never apologize to them and never give them an inch. Just like when they said it's only Alex Jones we need to cancel, promise, then fast forward a decade and Aunt Jemima and DrSuess got cancelled too. That is why we will not let team Biden start taking away any guns.

So you are happy nutters can have guns?

On 3/23/2021 at 11:57 AM, webfact said:

U.S. President Joe Biden on Tuesday called for a ban on assault weapons and tighter gun control

Yeah some nut like this seems a likely candidate for obtaining a weapon legally so stricter laws should fix everything ????

Its all the usual bluster & sound bites...Like it or not guns in the US is like air...everywhere

So no amount of new regs/laws etc will change that fact....

Instead get tough on laws dealing with folks that use a firearm in a felony. Death sentence period!

In a case such as this when a shooter is caught red handed immediate death sentence no trial...no waiting on death row...tomorrow at 8am you will hang

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

That's the tried and true scare tactic that the NRA has employed forever.  Any law, and they mean ANY law enacted relative to guns will lead to the confiscation of all guns.  "Give an inch, the gov will take a mile."  And to their credit, this tactic has worked.  I don't expect any meaningful gun laws to be passed in my lifetime.  Not while Republicans still hold significant power at the federal and/or state level.  Which of course, means more dead people.   

Do you or do you not support making it generally illegal for private individuals to own firearms?

If not, what guns should private individuals be allowed to own?

10 hours ago, Tug said:

Why are you terrified of Latinos?im genuinely curious I have 4 properties within 20 miles of our southern border I’ve never ever had a problem what horrible experience did you have that it’s ok with you to turn children back into the desert to the tender mercy of the cartels and traffickers?

Yes, rich, greedy property owners like you love illegal immigrants. It keeps the demand up for your properties and provides you with cheap labor to service them. You do not suffer at all from the policies support that drive down the wages of the working poor or the negative impact large numbers of illegals have on schools, hospitals and social services cost. 

You got yours, that's all that matter yes?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2