UK Govt proposal could be bad news for British tourists visiting Thailand

webfact

12 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Let's hope so, get international travel back to the late 90's early 00's levels and keep the uneducated louts in Malaga and Tenerife.

Hahaha do you have any idea how sour you come across? Snob

On 3/24/2021 at 2:10 AM, webfact said:

Passengers flying from the UK to destinations beyond to 2,000 miles are currently hit with an  £80 per person surcharge. 

And people gripe when Thailand proposes a $10 increase in their surcharge...

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Oi, I'm currently covid stuck in that pithole ! A year of fat women, weedheads, drunks, dog faeces, empty beer cans, fag ends, Cavemen IQ, refuse, thefts, beggars, urine smelling buildings and promenade, violence, Family day trippers to cash converters, McD wrapper snowfall........................Please , just get me out of here. Open the borders. Please.

I holidayed in Lytham St. Annes several years ago. Your words brought back memories of my daytrip to Blackpool. I have never seen so many corpulent, tattooed, 10 am-beer drinking, fag smoking, poorly dressed, foul mouthed creatures in such abundance. And those were the females. ???? I am retired in Thailand and so grateful.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Benmart said:

I holidayed in Lytham St. Annes several years ago. Your words brought back memories of my daytrip to Blackpool. I have never seen so many corpulent, tattooed, 10 am-beer drinking, fag smoking, poorly dressed, foul mouthed creatures in such abundance. And those were the females. ???? I am retired in Thailand and so grateful.

Memories can be mis-leading.

When I was about 8 I can remember a great holiday in Blackpool for a week.

Many years later I did a stint on a gas platform off Morecambe. I thought I might spend 2 or 3 nights in Blackpool before heading home, just for a look around.

One night was enough and I headed home the next morning.

It was as you describe.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, shackleton said:

If people are willing to pay for Quarantine when they arrive in Thailand plus the extra  costs 

Then a few extra pounds on future travel is not going to deter many from travelling to the land of smiles 

Exactly the harder the better . I look forward to the days when the people that wanted to travel were adventurous.  Not scared to leave there homes regardless of the price or not knowing what bus or plane to catch or what bar to go to. Let the simps stay at home and moan about how hard it all is

3 hours ago, Benmart said:

Ever been to Aberdeen ?

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2021 at 8:44 AM, RichardColeman said:

Oi, I'm currently covid stuck in that pithole ! A year of fat women, weedheads, drunks, dog faeces, empty beer cans, fag ends, Cavemen IQ, refuse, thefts, beggars, urine smelling buildings and promenade, violence, Family day trippers to cash converters, McD wrapper snowfall........................Please , just get me out of here. Open the borders. Please.

No Chinese tourists. Heaven !

On 3/24/2021 at 11:46 PM, MasterBaker said:

maybe BREXIT wasn't such a good idea after all

- inserts really totally bored emoji -

On 3/25/2021 at 6:27 AM, robblok said:

That is why i dont like the UK as a holiday country, the weather is as crappy as my country. If i then have to choose I rather stay in my country then go to the UK. Better to be miserable at home then in an other country. I went to the UK on a holliday once when younger. We usually went to Spain and France and sometimes Germany. Dad wanted something else. Suffice to say that the weather was <deleted> and we never went there again. Though the environment and language were good.

Anyway the PM just wants people to stay in the UK and spend money there. Do your bit for the Brit economy and spend your holidays at home. 

You don't change do you... any opportunity! You do realise the Brits had a major role in liberating the Netherlands, right. Go on, turn it around Rob. 

Non UK folk having a dig (brexit lol), be aware that rising/faux taxes will come from EVERY direction in order to pay for covid. Personally of the mind that countries not producing viable world saving vaccines, which is pretty much all - spunik, sino not included - should be made to pay a premium. You can't be rescued forever, guys.

On 3/25/2021 at 3:34 AM, RichardColeman said:

I cannot see this happening anytime soon.

This was announced in the UK budget 3 weeks ago. Not sure why TV news are regurgitating now. The first increases kick-in from April this year. 

The link provided below (thanks) and other articles I cross checked indicate insignificant increases of less than a fiver for commercial passengers.

The GBP528 mentioned applies to private jets with less than 19 passengers and below 20 tons, and with destination outside the EU (Band ‘B’)

In summary, pretty much a non-story. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rates-and-allowances-for-air-passenger-duty