Phuket officials, tourism leaders in united push for mass vaccinations, July 1 reopening

snoop1130

23 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My thinking is selfish?

Says the guy with the name "nanaplaza". I don't suppose you think about the poor prostitutes that are abused by foreign sexpats who frequent these places to fulfill their own sick sexual urges and fetishes.

Millions of people all over the world have lost their jobs, I haven't. Do you actually expect me to sacrifice my life to help them? Jesus wept! 

What does my name have to do with anything that i am saying , and in your case shouldn't it be " buddha wept!" 

I hope this happens. Did quarantine in December and I don't want to repeat it. Don't care if there's a tracking app or anything like that. The app I use in Saudi does that anyway.

I work with Americas, Brits, and South Africans. We're all in the position that if we go back to our respective countries we can't get back to the Gulf. So yeah, we'd all jump at the chance of a vacation in Thailand.

Our other choices right now are Ethiopia and Zanzibar. Don't care if not much is open when we get there. I was in Phuket in January and I thought it was fine.

Opening in July was approved today

Thailand will waive quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors arriving on the resort island of Phuket from July 1, the first key reopening for the tourism-reliant nation.

On Friday (March 26), an economic panel chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha approved the proposal by Phuket's private sector and business groups to inoculate at least 70 per cent of the island's residents to prepare for the reopening for vaccinated tourists, according to Tourism Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn.

The government plans to test the reopening plan in Phuket before expanding to other key tourist hot spots, like another resort island, Koh Samui, to help restart the tourism industry battered by a year without its millions of tourists who contributed to one-fifth of the economy before the pandemic.

The approval means that Phuket will reopen three months earlier than the rest of the country, which is expected to reopen for those who are fully vaccinated only in October.

Phuket residents will also be prioritised in the vaccine roll-out, with more than 930,000 doses expected to be administered before the reopening, Mr Bhummikitti Ruktaengam, president of the island's tourist association said separately earlier this week.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sumarianson said:

Too many restrictions to what is a right for Thai citizens who live in our countries along with permanent status after 10 years in the country or with family, regardless of marital status. The immigration policies of Thailand discriminate against other races. Something that should be unacceptable to any God loving nation. Depriving legal residents of their right to work and feed their family is more discrimination. If it were done to Thai citizens in another country ( who were singled out) there would be outcry! In Thailand however, not a word of protest is to be heard. 

On 3/25/2021 at 8:02 PM, elliss said:

So what exactly , is the purpose of having the vaccine ? ..

Answers please ..

A valid certified vaccine  , should improve the bodies immune system .

I wont have any vaccine , unless it has been proved  a success ...

Plus , a normal and healthy person , has a good  immune system .

Vaccine not required .

The vulnerable have died .. RIP.

So  obviously , the number of Covid , related deaths falls .

Naturally ..

The exact purpose of the vaccine is to prevent the vaccinated person becoming ill once infected with the virus. I.e. It stops the virus multiplying in the host.  - It may reduce but does not directly prevent the host from passing it on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...