Replacement TM6 in Bangkok

Hi :-) 

I hope this is in the right forum! I urgently need to replace a lost TM6. All the advice I can find online is just go to the airport and fill in a new one, but I need it for a new tenancy agreement, so I'm not flying anywhere. I'm still completely new to Bangkok, so I don't really know where anything is yet. I'm currently staying near Lumphini Park, if that matters, but obviously, I'll go wherever I need to for the replacement. 

Can anyone tell me where to start? Thanks!

Expert will be along.

Some will advise to just attend immigration.

Have read that some imm office require police report of lost card. Yes sounds ridiculous.

The other thing expert (ubonjoe) can advise if you do this at CW or MTT.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Thanks for the quick reply.

A police report! ????
Sorry for the dumb question, but what or where is CW or MTT?

You mention that your in Bangkok.

The name of head main immigration is Chaengwattana. CW.

They also have another office location. Muang Thong Thani. MTT.

Expert will advise which office you attend to obtain replacement TM6

• Like 2

Before going to the trouble of replacing the TM6, see if the original TM number was written next to the entry stamp by the IO. It often is. If the TM6 number is there, try explaining this to your landlord to avoid the hassle of getting a replacement until you need to attend immigration anyway.

• Like 1

Have been there, done that!!! In Chaiyaphum we just go to our immigrtion office and explain what we have lost and they give us a new TM6, no hazzle at all...

glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 1

Counter K at Muang Thong Thani is where you can request a new TM6 form.

QR code for map is on the page. https://bangkokimmigration.com/2020/11/27/ประกาศศูนย์ชั่วคราวเมื/

Best go to a police station to report it as lost. The have been reports Bangkok immigration wants one so best to do one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

I was able to get a copy from the hotel, and it seems like that will do for now. I will go to the police and immigration next week and get a replacement. Thanks for all the help!

If you were able to get a copy, you should be good to go. As BritTim says, the number is generally all you ever need. Why bother going to immigration to get a new one? Just wait until you are ready to fly out and get a new one at the airport.

4 minutes ago, toolpush said:

Why bother going to immigration to get a new one? Just wait until you are ready to fly out and get a new one at the airport

Depends if you need anything done such as obtain a residence certificate, drivers license etc. Don't think you will find that a copy would cut it.

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Depends if you need anything done such as obtain a residence certificate, drivers license etc. Don't think you will find that a copy would cut it.

Well, I would assume that if you do need an actual TM6 for a residency certificate, you would then indeed get one because you would be at immigration anyway?

17 minutes ago, toolpush said:

Well, I would assume that if you do need an actual TM6 for a residency certificate, you would then indeed get one because you would be at immigration anyway?

OP is in Bangkok. RC is issued at MTT. 

May be able to obtain TM6 there or might need to attend CW.

6 minutes ago, toolpush said:

Does anyone know what the link in this screenshot of the Thai Immigration website is for? It says TM 6 Card Online.

Allows you to generate and print your TM6 from home - there is (was?) an app too.  I remember using the app once in the past with not much luck.

But can it be used to generate a replacement as the Original Poster was seeking?

FYI, Ubon Joe, it isn't working at the moment, same as the rest of Thai Immigration website, hence the reason for my questions about it.

Note: the English version of the website says nothing about current functionality but if you switch to the Thai language version, it clearly states (in English) that the entire site is Closed for Maintenance. TIT

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, toolpush said:

But can it be used to generate a replacement as the Original Poster was seeking?

No

It can only be used for entry to the country. It is not valid until immigration stamps it when entering the country.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jack Walker said:

go to the police station (with your passport), which your place belongs to, and ask for a TM-6 form missing report

Thanks for report.

Did you get the impression that the police report was a must? The OP indicated that what you did is his plan, so your post reenforces that.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for report.

Did you get the impression that the police report was a must? The OP indicated that what you did is his plan, so your post reenforces that.

yes. this is a must even for elite member, and when I asked the reception of the hotel where I lived (as a cross-validation), an experienced staff also saying the same. The police office process is also really fast. The most troublesome part is that you have to go to MTT immigration department, and you need to wait in a long queue to enter that building. 

20 hours ago, Jack Walker said:

Unfortunately... I have just done the exactly same process last week, hoping below information is helpful for you.

This is great information, thank you! 

I was able to solve the immediate problem with a copy,  but I will go and replace it as soon as I can.

• Like 1