unwanted spam texts from mobile provider

AllanD

Hi everyone, I use AIS as my mobile provider here in Thailand. I get endless, unsolicited text messages supossedly from AIS. Obviously, I have no idea what they are because it's always in Thai but my wife simply says; "Delete. Don't open. No good". All very well and good but judging by the way my phone credit gets used up I'm guessing that I am also paying for these spam texts. I am certain that quite recently there was another post about similar issues but despite several searches I cannot find it. Question, I remember one of the replies to the previous poster included a number that could be used to opt out of receiving such nuisance texts. Does anybody know if that is the case - or have I finally gone senile!!! (I already know the answer to that one, thank you). Thanks - Allan

2 things here.

1. You can use the automated number selecti on the AIS call center number and select not to receive them

2. You can speak to an operator in English and they will stop it.

However ! I did both of these and it cut it down dramatically and nothing was using my credit.

IT DID NOT TOTALLY STOP. They claim not to know how these companies get the numbers etc and try to block them.

My guess is someone is selling the list of numbers from the pile of sims they sell in a shop.

In the end I dumped the AIS sim as I have never had the issue with True.

Same issue here. I was using AIS prepaid and got tons of unwanted spam SMS everyday... 

Moved to DTAC Postpaid, no more issue.

AFAIK, *137 services are available from all three major providers.

This was a government/regulatory (NBTC) equirement introduced a few (four?) years ago.

Just google your provider and *137 to get details.

I have all three providers prepaid, but have never used *137, and have never received a spam SMS.

If the spam is coming from outside the provider then chances are you accidently subscribed (often from registering an app) and getting unsubscribed from those can prove more challenging.

*137 SMS spam site:thaivisa.com

In the past I just used the myAIS website and switched off unwanted SMS.

No problem since long.

Unwanted phone calls (automatic dialer/barkers in Thai) are rare and all you can do is block the number.

https://myais.ais.co.th/login?returnUrl=%2Fhome

(click on "EN")

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

TRUE texts and reducing balance,

As I never had the issue with AIS I can't tell whether the "SMS Subcriptions with fees" (seen above) takes care correctly.

My wife had this. Accidentally had subscribed to some "news service". Granddaughter took care and gone.

On 3/27/2021 at 5:06 AM, foreverlomsak said:

I'm now getting this issue with TRUE texts and reducing balance, DTAC (oldest sim card) thankfully only get the texts.

For those who use Truemove H network service, press * 137 and make a call. Then choose option 3.

That's it.

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2021 at 5:06 AM, foreverlomsak said:

I'm now getting this issue with TRUE texts and reducing balance, DTAC (oldest sim card) thankfully only get the texts.

For Dtac network service users, dial * 137 and make a call.

Press 1 to cancel SMS sent directly from Dtac. Press 2 to cancel the registered SMS for which you are charged.

• Thanks 1