90 day timing

I got my 90-day confirmation back in the mail. Next report due May 6.

BUT my extension ran out April 8, so I got my new extension on March 17.

With me so far? Do I start counting 90 days from a) the last time CW saw my face; b) the date of the extension April 8; or c) even the May 6 date on my 90-day slip?

Please pick one! TIA!

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

May 6.

Your extension has nothing to do with 90 day report. Except your very first extension that sets your first 90 day countdown.

That seems, to a logical man, completely irrational! Considering I had presented myself March 17. Is that not the same as resetting the 90 day clock by being stamped by Immigration at border entry? Will someone else please verify this to a doubtful Thomas. TIA!

Edited by unblocktheplanet
addition

7 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

That seems, to a logical man, completely irrational! Considering I had presented myself March 17. Will someone else please verify this to a doubtful Thomas. TIA!

I will bump this by replying.

Happy to be set straight by experts.

As your aware every imm office operates differently. In general the 90 report has nothing to do with obtaining extension.

BTW "presented myself on March 17" means what?

You attended for extension. That's it.

Edited by DrJack54

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I will bump this by replying.

Happy to be set straight by experts.

As your aware every imm office operates differently. In general the 90 report has nothing to do with obtaining extension.

Mine is Chaeng Wattana. Is even the capital not a logical place? (Rhetorical question, of course!) Anyone else care to chime in?

Of course, it would be a d'oh moment were I fined for a missed report!

4 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Mine is Chaeng Wattana. Is even the capital not a logical place? (Rhetorical question, of course!) Anyone else care to chime in?

Of course, it would be a d'oh moment were I fined for a missed report!

Ok.....

Obtaining new extension in Bangkok would 100% not reset your 90 day report.

The 90 day report date is the date on your last report receipt. 

Certain Immigration offices reset your 90 day report when renewing your extension, others do not.

If CW did not give a new 90 day report date from the one already stapled in your Passport, then that is the date you next report.

c).May 6th.

Your previous 90 day report would have been Feb 5th?

14 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Is that not the same as resetting the 90 day clock by being stamped by Immigration at border entry?

No.

Don't expect logic in Thailand.

Some immi officers seem to do it as a courtesy but not the norm.

Your report is due as printed on the slip.

29 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Thanks to both. My last entry into Thailand was March 3, 2020. This is the date on which  my 90-day reports are predicated. Maybe this is starting to make sense! (In a Thai sort of way.) Wish they'd just get rid of 90-day reporting, of course.

Your entry on March 3 2020 started your 90 day clock. So your next report would be ~june 1. 

Here is what confuses some. If you report early (most do) then your 90 clock is reset from day you report.

Works differently to applying early for annual extension.

Edited by DrJack54

Absolutely right! And no good at maths!

My grandfather & grandmother would like this story--she always arrived the day before & he the day after.

Rather than be fined, I post registered mail 15 days prior to the date on the confirmation slip. Lot of paperwork for nothing, eh...

Your 90 day reporting period “calendar” resets on the day you obtain a new 90 day report.  You could, for example, report in for your 90 day report up to 14 days prior to the due date.  On the day you report for90 day report, your calendar resets and you become due again in 90 days.  In this case, if you do report 14 days ahead of schedule, your original report date expires and your new report date is 90 days hence. 

Confused yet?  Just follow the due date on all 90 day report slips.  The 90 day report is not connected to extensions of stay.

Edited by Tracyb