TM 30, Visas and ASQ Hotels

Good day,

With all the unfortunate problems for the world caused by the Covid 19 Pandemic, including no Emirates flights out of South Africa, I have been unable to get back to my wife in Thailand since March 2020.

I see various articles on the Internet as to when Thailand will get back to some sort of normality. The latest one I read indicated that as from 1st April 2021 the mandatory quarantine stay in a ASQ hotel will be reduced from 16 days to 10 days. With this in mind I have decided, or my wife has, to bite the bullet and pay for the hotel stay. Saying this I have to ask for advice on certain things.

Hotels: Is there anybody who can please recommend a decent, reasonably priced ASQ hotel, this based on personal or friends experience.

Visa; I normally travel on a Multi Entry Non Imm. O visa based on marriage. The Royal Thai Embassy in South Africa advise that they now only issue single entry visas but that I can extend it for 60 days? I will be in Bangkok, how/where would I extend the visa? I believe for an extension I would need to show a TM30 document, which I believe one can register for and get online? My wife has little knowledge of computers, can she go to whichever office and register? Or can I register from South Africa?

Finally;   Eventually, perhaps this next trip, I will have to apply for the full O visa based on marriage. To do this I believe I need to have Thb. 400,000 deposited in my Thai bank account on application for the visa. For how long must the funds have been in the account before I apply. Importantly, does the 400k have to remain in my account for the duration of the visa, 12 months, or can I make withdrawals if the need arises?

Apologies for the drawn out post and questions, I though it best to get everything off one time.

Thank you and best regards.

Some answers. 

400k in the bank for 2 months prior to applying for extension. When the extension is approved money can be withdrawn.

Re your question about ASQ hotels....there are so many threads. You should google "ASQ quarantine thaivisa" don't use the thaivisa search. Just Google including 'thaivisa' at the end

All the threads will show up. Some even going through whole process. 

Worry about the TM30 when your here. Not difficult. 

Good luck.

Edited by DrJack54

You can apply for single non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai that will allow one 90 day entry. You can apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit her at a immigration office.

You can also apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa). You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply. Then the 400k baht need to be kept in the bank until the end of under consideration period that can be 30 days from the day you apply or the end of your 90 day permit to stay dependent upon the office where you apply. After that you can do what you want to with the 400k baht until 2 months before your next extension application.

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Some answers. 

400k in the bank for 2 months prior to applying for extension. When the extension is approved money can be withdrawn.

Re your question about ASQ hotels....there are so many threads. You should google "ASQ quarantine thaivisa" don't use the thaivisa search. Just Google including 'thaivisa' at the end

All the threads will show up. Some even going through whole process. 

Worry about the TM30 when your here. Not difficult. 

Good luck.

Thank you, I realise I can Google ASQ hotels. I was asking about personal recommendations of ASQ hotels, i.e From people who may have stayed there or had friends who may have stayed there.

Regarding the TM30 aren't I supposed to have one as son as I ma there? not that I've ever had one but here again I've never thought of applying for an extension.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for single non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai that will allow one 90 day entry. You can apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit her at a immigration office.

You can also apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa). You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply. Then the 400k baht need to be kept in the bank until the end of under consideration period that can be 30 days from the day you apply or the end of your 90 day permit to stay dependent upon the office where you apply. After that you can do what you want to with the 400k baht until 2 months before your next extension application.

Thank you Ubonjoe

Regarding the TM30. I know it is the house owner/landlord who should register for it but as my my wife is not computer literate can I do it online on her behalf or is it possible to go the the immigration office in Bangkok? Which is where. Thanks again.

11 hours ago, Alphim said:

Thank you, I realise I can Google ASQ hotels. I was asking about personal recommendations of ASQ hotels, i.e From people who may have stayed there or had friends who may have stayed there

You are so missing the point of my post.

If you google what I suggested regarding ASQ be it recommendations or first hand experiences or cost, food etc etc.....you will find it there. Some threads with excellent advice over several pages. 

I did not suggest "google ASQ hotels"

I suggested google

"ASQ hotels thaivisa"

"ASQ experience thaivisa"

"COE process thaivisa"

etc etc..... Try it you might be surprised.

I just did random search now that covers everything you wish to know

Screenshot_20210329-203943.png

4 hours ago, Alphim said:

Good day,

With all the unfortunate problems for the world caused by the Covid 19 Pandemic, including no Emirates flights out of South Africa, I have been unable to get back to my wife in Thailand since March 2020.

I see various articles on the Internet as to when Thailand will get back to some sort of normality. The latest one I read indicated that as from 1st April 2021 the mandatory quarantine stay in a ASQ hotel will be reduced from 16 days to 10 days. With this in mind I have decided, or my wife has, to bite the bullet and pay for the hotel stay. Saying this I have to ask for advice on certain things.

If I’m not mistaken South Africa is considered a nation with ‘variant’ strains of Covid-19 therefore those travelling into Thailand from South African (and the UK) are required to Quarantine for 14 days (15 nights)

• Like 2

Regarding the ASQ Hotels you can try searching for them on our ASQ Platform ASQ.in.th.

We have around 200+ real reviews from individuals who have stayed in an actual ASQ hotel.

Also you can try joining our ASQ Hotel group on facebook (ASQ Hotels & Reviews), and asking ASQ related questions there as well.

It's hard to recommend a specific ASQ/ALQ hotel, or set of hotels without knowing more details.

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If I’m not mistaken South Africa is considered a nation with ‘variant’ strains of Covid-19 therefore those travelling into Thailand from South African (and the UK) are required to Quarantine for 14 days (15 nights)

Yes currently even with the new reduction of days those traveling from South Africa will need to stay the full duration.

18 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Yes currently even with the new reduction of days those traveling from South Africa will need to stay the full duration.

I did not see UK on that list which surprised me.

Currently in Oz (Brisbane) that city went into snap lockdown for next 3 days due to 4 internal positive tests to UK strain. 

Most other states have closed borders to that city and Thailand is courting notion of decreasing Quarantine. Amazing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I did not see UK on that list which surprised me.

Currently in Oz (Brisbane) that city went into snap lockdown for next 3 days due to 4 internal positive tests to UK strain. 

Most other states have closed borders to that city and Thailand is courting notion of decreasing Quarantine. Amazing.

We had an odd post on our group recently where a hotel is claiming it is not just countries in Africa.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/asqthailand/permalink/1186192968487517/

Not sure what to make of it yet, as just one hotel making a list does not mean its set in stone.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We had an odd post on our group recently where a hotel is claiming it is not just countries in Africa.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/asqthailand/permalink/1186192968487517/

Not sure what to make of it yet, as just one hotel making a list does not mean its set in stone.

As I understand it, there are two separate lists of those still subject to 14-day (15 night) quarantine:

• Countries with Covid-19 variants of concern. There are 11 countries in this list which was recently announced, and will be updated every 15 days. I cannot find the source where I saw the countries listed, but they were mostly in South America. The US and UK are not on the list.
  • 10 African countries whose nationals are probably forced to quarantine longer to discourage their visits. For some reason, Thailand seems to discriminate against most African countries. Those listed are South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Zambia, Kenya, Rwanda, Cameroon, DR Congo, and Ghana.

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

As I understand it, there are two separate lists of those still subject to 14-day (15 night) quarantine:

Just checked the US and UK embassies. Both mention the possible 10 day quarantine but do not have the list or whether people from those 2 countries qualify. They do mention the fit to fly certificate is no longer needed.

The you have this on the embassy website in Poland.

image.png.e0dd76b43ac3127ee8166ca631510b46.png

Source: https://warsaw.thaiembassy.org/en/content/entry-requirements?page=5fac44797dc29d51ef5e7852

sorry about jumping on your Thread but i find it very difficult to get on the correct  subject of late, i have been stuck in Udon Thani for a few months

(long story) i need to do my 90 day report next week, but what about the 

TM 30 form at jomtien ? the last time i spoke to the Lady at the TM30 desk

(Jomtien) she told me i did not need to do the TM 30 anymore it has been 

over a year and the landlord is stuck in Australia. i have looked but even 

TV seems to have had issues. Thanks for any info.

24 minutes ago, zoza said:

i need to do my 90 day report next week, but what about the 

TM 30 form at jomtien ? the last time i spoke to the Lady at the TM30 desk

(Jomtien) she told me i did not need to do the TM 30 anymore it has been 

over a year and the landlord is stuck in Australia.

A TM30 report is only needed if you change your address that immigration has for you now. They issued a new regulation for TM30 reporting in June of last year.

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You are so missing the point of my post.

If you google what I suggested regarding ASQ be it recommendations or first hand experiences or cost, food etc etc.....you will find it there. Some threads with excellent advice over several pages. 

I did not suggest "google ASQ hotels"

I suggested google

"ASQ hotels thaivisa"

"ASQ experience thaivisa"

"COE process thaivisa"

etc etc..... Try it you might be surprised.

I just did random search now that covers everything you wish to know

Screenshot_20210329-203943.png

Apologies and thanks, I will try as advised.