New Visa Regulations?

I did my Non-O Dependency (kids) Visa last week in HKT. I've been doing them for quite a few years now and know the drill. All went pretty smooth, from one IO to the main guy who re-checks and gives the under consideration stamp, come back in 60 days. Pretty normal stuff although he did require a signed letter from the wife saying I live with her rent free.  Never had that before and its not on any check-list they give out. However today, at 6pm, 5 days later the wife gets a call from an IO (not sure which) saying he wants an updated bank passbook copy that is up to date, ie he wants the copy for tomorrow given to him tomorrow. The finance docs (bank letter, statement, copy book) I gave him originally were only 2 days old. He said it was a new rule from Songkla AND that I needed to keep 400k in the bank until the application is processed as 'they may demand another update during application'. When queried he said that they have been getting foreigners immediately withdrawing the 400k and 'they will be checking'. As far as I know there are no rules about maintaining 400k for a non-o dependency visa? I'm used to some minor changes in paperwork, but these requests seem beyond that.

I assume you applied for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon being the parent of a Thai (a dependency visa or extension does not exist).

Many offices and division headquarters have been wanting proof that the 400k baht is still in the bank when you return to get your extension stamp at the end of the under consideration period.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Many offices and division headquarters have been wanting proof that the 400k baht is still in the bank when you return to get your extension stamp at the end of the under consideration period.

Ok, never heard of having to keep 400k in the bank for an extension of stay as a guardian. That could throw up some issues to the uninformed. What about the same day finance docs, seems funky that my 2 day old ones were ok 5 days ago, only to be rejected today (by Songkla HO if you believe the IO).

4 minutes ago, gravity101 said:

Ok, never heard of having to keep 400k in the bank for an extension of stay as a guardian. That could throw up some issues to the uninformed. What about the same day finance docs, seems funky that my 2 day old ones were ok 5 days ago, only to be rejected today (by Songkla HO if you believe the IO).

Perhaps you local office was not aware that immigration division 6 in Songkhla wanted the proof.