Thailand Sees Chinese Leading Tourists to Phuket After Reopening

snoop1130

47 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

Thailand doesn't want us dirty farang. They prefer the "Clean Chinese" who spit on the floor of the restaurant, walk down the street sounding like a flock of geese and who will bring "Covid 20" as their "Gift" to their little brothers to the south.....In 6 months, I'm out of there. There are other countries just as nice as Thailand that are more welcoming, don't adore the Chinese and have rational adult leadership. 

Well good luck, see you when you have decided Thailand was the better deal for you....lol

3 hours ago, Xonax said:

To me it sounds like this is a plan bound for disaster. Imagine what will happen, when the vaccinated foreign tourists in Phuket are getting mixed with the vulnerable un-vaccinated domestic travellers from other parts of Thailand?

People have learned close to nothing from the pandemic. Many Thais are now wearing their masks under the chin, as they just like me are exhausted by wearing it properly. Just a few days ago, I was enjoying a lunch buffet in a 5-star hotel in Bangkok, when I saw a Thai man touching and squeezing all the buns and baguettes in a basket. When I made a no-no sound, he just said "check hard", meaning that he needed to know, if they were hard or soft.

and squeezing all the buns and baguettes in a basket. When I made a no-no sound, he just said "check hard", meaning that he needed to know, if they were hard or soft.

That's what they do now, if you enter sir cowboy. A friend told me.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, ShindenGo said:

You do realize that China defeated the virus in less than a year. While Trump managed to murder over 500,000 Americans most of them in his home state of New York. 

Also China has implemented a vaccine passport system for its citizens. Something the terrorists on the right will fight tooth and nail to oppose. 

Amen.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I see a lot of nothing.. We hope and we believe but there are no certain numbers they talk about.  It is al hoping and guessing far beyond the reality.. I see updates every day about this issue

Plus airline prices will be a lot higher .

• Like 2

Anyone travelling to China must do 14 days quarantine, so this would also apply to Chinese who want a holiday in Phuket. On arrival back home they would need to do quarantine. I'm not sure if this can be home based but even then it is likely to put most Chinese travellers off.  Or is there a Chinese vaccine passport that allows them to avoid quarantine if they have both shots?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pj123 said:

Anyone travelling to China must do 14 days quarantine, so this would also apply to Chinese who want a holiday in Phuket. On arrival back home they would need to do quarantine. I'm not sure if this can be home based but even then it is likely to put most Chinese travellers off.  Or is there a Chinese vaccine passport that allows them to avoid quarantine if they have both shots?

They do 14 days quarantine in a hotel, offering free Shrimps. They would even stay a whole year.

• Haha 2

No body is coming.  Who see's?

I think we have a few soothsayers' working for these newspapers making false allegations and fake news! 

Way beyond propaganda! 

Enough already. How about real news instead of fantasy, predictions and speculations. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

China defeated the Virus, Really.  If so then why are they still locking down residents and not allowing travel...Try again -  Strike 1

To avoid losing control of the epidemic? 

Back a few months ago when there were 10-15 confirmed cases in Qingdao a city of 9 million inhabitants, they tested for free the city's entire 9 million inhabitants within 2 weeks, and lockdown the areas (communities) where they found infected people. As a result, the virus never went to any other cities. 

Plus, travel is allowed domestically to any place, so long as you don't live in a community where they have found cases, in that case you will be quarantined (inside your house) for 14 ays.

Edited by ctxa
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, bojo said:

I'm interested to hear how China has done more to destroy tourism here and worldwide than any nation...................

Think about it and you'll figure it out I'm sure. Consider it a consciousness test. 

Hint : the virus originated in C*in*. 

• Like 2