Thailand Sees Chinese Leading Tourists to Phuket After Reopening

snoop1130

14 hours ago, Xmas said:

You need Border Force approval to leave Australia, this would not be granted for a holiday. Must be a trip longer than 3 months with a signifcant reason for leaving. Stat Dec required.

Like, being a member of a professional football team?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, yogavnture said:

i wonder how well chinese tourists will get along with other europeans and westerners after things open up/..............i wonder if hostility towards chinese will occur due to covid anger

I doubt that most Western tourists can tell the difference between Thais and Chinese.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hioctane said:

People need to realize that Chinese tourists are not going away. They have the largest ethnically Chinese population outside of China (~14%)!

they were doing fine under Mao, no travelling, and the world was a better place

keep mainland China in China, and make sure to include HK, they seem to be a lost cause politically

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 2:45 AM, ThailandRyan said:

If Thailand would test such as you pointed out China did in Qingdao, then who knows what the number of possible infections might be found here.  But I digress.  The fact is that I don't see how China will lead the charge of 2 million tourists when the country is keeping the people locked into the country and allowing only domestic tourism. 

Thailand needs to be vaccinating 100k a day like in the US and Europe if they want to open up to tourism and ensure a spread of the virus does not follow opening without many here being vaccinated, like we have now.

US is up to 2.8M per day and the CDC announced that those that are inoculated DO NOT spread the virus (90%).

Thailand.. Let us in without restrictions!

• Like 2

On 3/29/2021 at 10:32 PM, NordicDemon said:

I highly doubt that any tourists will show hostility towards each other because of the pandemic. Most people travel and go on vacation to have a nice and enjoyable experience. The vast majority of Europeans don't blame the Chinese people for the virus outbreak either, and East Asian people, including the Chinese, are still very much liked and respected in Europe. As far as I know, the same holds true for North America even though there tend to be some antagonism between its different minorities. That being said, neither Europeans nor the Chinese will likely return to Thailand in significant numbers anytime soon. 

Usually, the PRC tourists stay in their own areas and  approved hotels so there would be  minimal encounters. However, there will be hostility in the event that the mainland Chinese mix with others. A large part will be  Covid related, but other motivation will be a reflection of China national policy  like the bullying of Hong Kong, Australian and Taiwanese people. Many people are fed up with the aggressive pushiness of the Chinese state and its people who are all expected to further Chinese foreign policy of domination.  There are  idiots who with a bit of alcohol become very brave and I expect we will see some people pick fights.

You ignore that the Chinese propaganda has been working overtime to blame westerners for Covid, so hostility will not necessarily come from "westerners" but may come from mainland Chinese themselves.   You also ignore the fact that the typical Thai does not particularly like foreigners. Foreigners are tolerated.  

Fortunately, most chinese will not be vaccinated. those that will be will have been vaccinated with Chinese vaccines unproven against variants. The Chinese will be at risk, so they will not be allowed to travel outside of China.  By the time China copies the intellectual innovations of Pfizer and Moderna, and can produce on large scale, it will be a few years.

Edited by Patong2021
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Fortunately, most chinese will not be vaccinated. those that will be will have been vaccinated with Chinese vaccines unproven against variants. The Chinese will be at risk, so they will not be allowed to travel outside of China.  By the time China copies the intellectual innovations of Pfizer and Moderna, and can produce on large scale, it will be a few years.

Are you self-deluded, ignorant or both?

New SARS-CoV-2 Variants — Clinical, Public Health, and Vaccine Implications

All vaccines saw a decrease in viral neutralisation rate against the 501Y.V2 variant (South African variant):

AstraZeneca -  Viral neutralisation rate decrease up to 86 fold (almost complete immune escape)
Moderna - Viral neutralisation rate decrease up to 8.6 fold
Pfizer - Viral neutralisation rate decrease up to 6.5 fold
Sinopharm - Viral neutralisation rate decrease up to 1.6 fold

According to Booking.com the stats about my area Rawai south Phuket

You can see from where people are looking No1 at the moment is Thai's

Followed by Russians, I like Russian guest dont mind spending money,

Then followed by UK, no mention of Chinese as of yet

First foreign tourists in over a year arrive in Phuket

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/first-foreign-tourists-in-over-a-year-arrive-in-phuket/

A group of foreign tourists, mostly German, arrived on Thailand’s popular resort island of Phuket on Saturday. They are the first in more than a year. They are here under the “Sandbox” travel bubble program, which is aimed at gradually reopening Thailand to foreign arrivals as the COVID-19 situation improves.

The visitors flew from Frankfurt on scheduled Thai Airways International flights. THAI’s sales director, Jesada Chanterama, said that most of the German tourists landed at Suvarnabhumi international airport, with rest landing in Phuket.