American and retirement extension

I have an American friend coming to Thailand the second week in June.

He will be on a 30 day tourist visa. He has been vaccinated 2 times.

When he leaves quarantine he want eventually to get a 1 year 

retirement extension in Pattaya. He has a bank account with

the required funds.

Could anyone please tell me what papers he will need and

what  exactly he needs to do to obtain this. All answers much appreciated.

I assume assume he is entering visa exempt since there is no 30 day tourist visa.

He will get a 45 day visa exempt entry now that can be extended for 30 days.

He will first have to apply for a 90 day non-o visa entry first and then the one year extension based upon retirement.

Requirements for the visa application is here. https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/08-edit_NON-O.pdf

He will need the 800k baht in Thai bank for 2 months when he applies for the extension near the end of the 90 day entry from the non-o visa.

He will need a letter from the bank confirming his account and the balance on the day the letter is written and copies of his updated bank book to prove the money has been the bank for 2 months.

• Like 1

i think it applies to every country BUT ( or am i wrong)?
people still need to do 14-day quarantine if they arrive from 1st April onwards form the following

Exsk5KVUYAIFlfY?format=jpg&name=900x900

Please note, this is nothing to do with citizenship. It’s for anyone travelling to #Thailand from these countries.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

i think it applies to every country BUT ( or am i wrong)?
people still need to do 14-day quarantine if they arrive from 1st April onwards form the following

It is not all that clear at this time. I think the list posted is only for the African countries listed.

It states this on another embassy website.

"The quarantine period will be reduced from 14 days (15 nights) to 10 days (11 nights)Travelers from countries with COVID-19 variants, will still be required to undergo the quarantine period of 14 days (15 nights). The list of countries with COVID-19 variants will be published and updated by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand every 15 days. While being at quarantine facilities, travelers must take two RT-PCR tests: between day three and five and between day nine and ten."

For Poland (and Ukraine) the embassy website states this.

image.png.157ca20c01c49d711da0bfd57e8a3b38.png

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume assume he is entering visa exempt since there is no 30 day tourist visa.

He will get a 45 day visa exempt entry now that can be extended for 30 days.

He will first have to apply for a 90 day non-o visa entry first and then the one year extension based upon retirement.

Requirements for the visa application is here. https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/08-edit_NON-O.pdf

He will need the 800k baht in Thai bank for 2 months when he applies for the extension near the end of the 90 day entry from the non-o visa.

He will need a letter from the bank confirming his account and the balance on the day the letter is written and copies of his updated bank book to prove the money has been the bank for 2 months.

Once again, thank you very much for the information UbonJoe.

A great help as usual

I will forward this to him.

i am an American, retired in Thailand as my sole residence for near a decade now. applied for my )-A Visa for reason of Retirement through the Royal Thai Consulate in Chicago. My "footnote" to you is that, upon applying for your "Extension of Stay" after the Visa is used ... the financial requirement is 1). money on deposit here (the 800K folks talk about here for retirement OR 2). transfer into your Thai bank account of the equivalent of at least 65,000 baht per month Personally, I have always used the monthly transfers. 800K currently is about $26,000.00 USD. That amount is earning me money in investments in the US. To park it in a Thai bank is not appealing to me.

20 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

A lot of countries are giving free vaccinations for all people in the country where they be tours visitors etc. I’m surprised Thailand  won’t do that

They have said the will do them for everybody but they have not gotten to that point yet.  They are only doing them for those at risk or in provinces where there has had big outbreaks.

Another problem is that most of the vaccine they have is the one from China and it cannot be given to those over 59 years old. They only have limited does of Astrazeneca that can be given to them.

• Like 1