Water supply interruption in Pattaya for 2 days (Start the 1 st april)

kingofthemountain

An odd set of places, it mentions Walking Street and the Pattaya Park area, as well as Nakluea and North Pattaya and Rong Pho, but not South Pattaya Road or Thepprasit. I'm guessing that's because those two areas, as well as Jomtien, are now supplied via the new water mains along Sukhumvit to water from the Sattahip/Bang Saray area, so presumably they're not affected by this?

8 hours ago, Guderian said:

An odd set of places, it mentions Walking Street and the Pattaya Park area, as well as Nakluea and North Pattaya and Rong Pho, but not South Pattaya Road or Thepprasit. I'm guessing that's because those two areas, as well as Jomtien, are now supplied via the new water mains along Sukhumvit to water from the Sattahip/Bang Saray area, so presumably they're not affected by this?

Honestly i have no idea, i live near Sukkhum and the railroad and there is 

some big works since weeks here with digging and big new blacks pipes involved

so i am not surprised about the closure. I just think 2 days is a lot, particularly if you

consider the big area involved, but TIT so everything is possible, including a closure

for only few hours at the end or even no closure at all.

Anyway my 200 L big plastic bin is alreay full of water, just in case.

9 hours ago, tontraveller said:

April Fools Day !

I don't think so, Thai authorities have already given a warning

that fake infos for april fools day will be punished (They have a law for that) and the info is from the Pattaya news, a relatively serious site, i don't imagine them taking the risk of legals problems, the actual situation with Covid is already difficult enough

And they can't even say they didn't know about the law and the warning

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/03/31/thailand-warns-that-april-fools-day-fake-news-especially-around-covid-19-could-bring-huge-fines-and-jail-time/

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Honestly i have no idea, i live near Sukkhum and the railroad

Where is Sukkhum? I know of major work on the Railway line bypass a few km South of Hwy 36 where large plastic pipes are being installed. I believe they are for drainage... is that where you mean?

Pretty sure the roadworks along the bypass are for drainage pipes. It looks like an extension of the work they've been doing there for a couple years now and, no doubt, they'll make a mess of resurfacing the road once they are done.

The stretch they were doing between Khao Noi and Khao Talo took over 2 years, mostly because it seems they just abandoned the project for months, until that one flood when the woman's car floated away (through a gap in the cement barriers, that had been done on purpose to allow flood water to drain off the road and into the ditch beside the railway tracks). 

I noticed near the Nern Plerb Wan intersection that they had pallets of smaller (10 cm ?) pipes that they appear to be laying at the same time as the drain pipes.
Possibly for electrical or other cables (though the only thing that can be seen along that stretch is lamp posts).

Kind of wondering about the "Move the AC pipe 600 mms" "To avoid the construction of the high speed rail project".

I thought none of that had been approved yet, let alone land purchased for the project. Seems a bit of a stretch to have to move what must be a huge main water pipe a whole 60 cms for a project they don't even know if/when/where it will be built.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Where is Sukkhum? I know of major work on the Railway line bypass a few km South of Hwy 36 where large plastic pipes are being installed. I believe they are for drainage... is that where you mean?

Yes i mean Sukkhumvit road (Near Pattaya Klang)

You could be right, maybe these black pipes are for drainage

8 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

So, it's after noon. Any of "y'all" out of water yet ? 

Water is ok here so far

if to make a joke with that was the goal for the Pattayanews infos site

the only result imo it's that they have lost all their credibility with this poor move

congrats to this bunch of imbecils

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

So, it's after noon. Any of "y'all" out of water yet ? 

You just made me get off my <deleted> and take a look and yes my incoming supply is off. A bit surprised as I am well North of town, near where Suk meets Hwy 36. Not out of water though... I have a tank.

On Khao Noi it seems the water is still flowing normally. Time to turn on all the taps and drain that reservoir ! (It was looking pretty dry when I rode past it a couple weeks ago and it hasn't rained since then.)

They have been installing big plastic pipes on the bypass for years and it is still flooding. No the resurfacing occurs also years later. Nobody sees a problem with repeating these works again and again as the profit/return is repeated each time. Government mains are intermittent at best anyway. In our moobaan we have government water, a bore hole and water deliveries all the time as well as tanks in each house so other than wondering which stopcock to turn on there is never a problem. Now electricity is another problem!

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You just made me get off my <deleted> and take a look and yes my incoming supply is off. A bit surprised as I am well North of town, near where Suk meets Hwy 36. Not out of water though... I have a tank.

Abraham's or Centurion?