Yellow Tabien Baan and Pink ID - The Finale

On 4/4/2021 at 12:08 PM, OJAS said:

As far as I am aware obtaining a yellow tabien baan and pink ID card is only a formal requirement for those intending to apply for permanent residency or Thai citizenship. From my perspective their usefulness would be limited by the fact that neither includes one small, but IMHO vital, piece of information: namely, the date when my current permission to stay in Thailand expires.

One needs a yellow house book for the Citizenship process, but certainly not a pink Non-Thai ID card, lol. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

One needs a yellow house book for the Citizenship process, but certainly not a pink Non-Thai ID card, lol. 

Yawn... Your ‘anti pink-ID card’ posts are getting tiresome....  You post an awful lot about this subject - I’m just curious, why does other people having a pink-ID card bother you so much ?

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yawn... Your ‘anti pink-ID card’ posts are getting tiresome....  You post an awful lot about this subject - I’m just curious, why does other people having a pink-ID card bother you so much ?

Other people having a pink card does not bother me at all. I used to have one myself. 

What bothers me is when people falsely call them Thai ID cards, or think they are somehow more accepted into Thai society with them, or superior to those without one, or get special priveleges. 

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

@Neeranamwas merely correcting a false assertion on my part regarding the need (or not, as turns out to be the case) of this hallowed card for the Thai citizenship application process. I most certainly appreciate his taking the trouble to set me straight on this point - even if you, based on the sneeringly patronising tone of your response above, did not!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Other people having a pink card does not bother me at all. I used to have one myself. 

What bothers me is when people falsely call them Thai ID cards, or think they are somehow more accepted into Thai society with them, or superior to those without one, or get special priveleges. 

If people are spreading false information, fair enough... and of course, only an idiot thinks it makes them more accepted into Thai society with a pink ID card or offers any superiority - but are you sure that is not you projecting? I’ve not read of anyone presenting themselves as superior on any of these ‘pink ID’ card threads. In much the same was I don’t see people people with PR or who have gained Thai citizenship projecting  any superiority?

BTW: the translation at the top of the card  “Identity card for people who do not have Thai Nationality"

Calling it a ‘Thai ID’ is incorrect, you are also correct that is not an official means of ID (it says on the back of the card, in Thai ’This is not an identity card’) - but, people call it a Pink ID card because it is widely accepted as a form of ID in Thailand, in Banks etc in lieu of a passport. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

@Neeranamwas merely correcting a false assertion on my part regarding the need (or not, as turns out to be the case) of this hallowed card for the Thai citizenship application process. I most certainly appreciate his taking the trouble to set me straight on this point - even if you, based on the sneeringly patronising tone of your response above, did not!

Thanks, I thought I was the only one that saw a patronising tone. 

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Oh dear... You’ll learn...  in the mean time there are plenty of other threads on the Pink ID backing up my point about Neeraman being the most vocal amongst a few who seem against the pink Id card.

The threads are easy to find even for someone unaware of what they don’t know. 

• Like 1