On 4/19/2021 at 4:28 AM, faraday said:

Perhaps they're looking for a 'father figure',

Yes, a sugar daddy.  

On 4/19/2021 at 4:28 AM, faraday said:

Btw, are you in the UK?

No.  I'm in Pattaya.  

Edited by Leaver

On 4/17/2021 at 3:43 PM, BritManToo said:

My 'pretend wife' does the mornings, I do the after school ...... 1 hour each. 

who does the laundry? cleans the house? makes the meals, does the dishes? 

Just curious, do you ever talk and laugh together or is it entirely transactional? 

Though I will even talk & laugh with the maid.. 

On 4/18/2021 at 11:01 PM, Leaver said:

So, we have wealthy, by Thai standards, farang, who may look at only physical attraction, what do you think the Thai girl is looking at?  It sure isn't physical attraction to the farang.  

Correct. They are mostly looking for security... they tend to be more practical than romantic...

but, that exists in the West too. What parent would not prefer their daughter choose med student to the sensitive unemployable poet? 

They want the house upfront - unlike the westwhere they might get it at the end... again, practical. 

And I see this w/Thai/Thai too... 

Edited by 1FinickyOne

On 4/19/2021 at 7:30 AM, EVENKEEL said:

why would any retired guy want to do the whole settle down with one woman thing?

companionship, the comfort of having a history and life together, sharing the family... none of which means you have to have a typical traditional Western sort of relationship. 

This is a world of mia noys, gicks. massages. I have seen many unconventional relationships work well here... both Thai/Thai and farang/Thai

On 4/19/2021 at 7:30 AM, EVENKEEL said:

I understand some of these guys are wealthy and are just having a good time and can move on any time

Glad you can see that.. not everyone here is plunking down their last $ on some land in the country... but if you have it to spare, it makes a wonderful gift... if you do it expecting ever-lasting love, that is foolish... 

• Like 1