Thai LA Consulate requirement for entering Thailand

25 minutes ago, 10years said:

But if you look at the roadmap for opening that's posted above Posted Wednesday at 01:18 PM, it shows 6 provinces where the 7-day quarantine currently applies and Bangkok is not one of them.

That does not mean the 7 day quarantine does not apply for Bangkok.

it just mentions the provinces they expect to open up for more tourists.

Unless they completely do away with quarantine, and begging a consulate for permission to enter, Thailand will continue to see barely any tourist arrivals, and trillions will be lost.

As fearful and timid as they are about the Zombie Apocalypse, it is hard to imagine continuing to say no to that kind of money. And can one even imagine the kind of pressure the administration is under, from those who have invested well beyond a trillion dollars in tourism infrastructure? 

On 4/2/2021 at 8:51 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Take your time...I'm enjoying pristine Phuket beaches and $25 a nite 5-Star hotel rooms.

Agreed, Phuket is looking like 50 years ago as many of the locals here are saying,  I'll add that I'm enjoying a very clean bungalow overlooking the Andaman at 330 - 400 baht per night, take your time indeed !! 

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2021 at 5:25 PM, irishman25 said:

on the hotel;s web sites no one is offering the 7 night stay and not on any web site

67 hotels offering now and growing. I'm hoping no quarantine sooner than October 1st. Don't want to go to Phuket.

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Unless they completely do away with quarantine, and begging a consulate for permission to enter, Thailand will continue to see barely any tourist arrivals, and trillions will be lost.

As fearful and timid as they are about the Zombie Apocalypse, it is hard to imagine continuing to say no to that kind of money. And can one even imagine the kind of pressure the administration is under, from those who have invested well beyond a trillion dollars in tourism infrastructure? 

COE and Covid19 insurance and other requirements is hard as is. Quarantine is difficult and expensive as well. They should let fully vaccinated travelers in with negative tests sooner than October 1st.

Thai debt and suicide rates are high and will get worse.

• Thanks 1