It's D-Day April 1st - new quarantine regulations start today

webfact

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

This points the way:

Vaccinated international arrivals who are unable to present a valid vaccine certificate, an original paper or a print-out of an online vaccine certificate, to the International Port Health Control at the port of arrival, will be subjected to no less than a 10-day quarantine.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/thailand-reduces-quarantine-for-international-arrivals-from-1-april-2021/?fbclid=IwAR3n_M5Sj_G_WVmLUvOsJn-a2FrLebjFeTkANDOT-jxP5IWcIb1O6CbgiEE

Being cynical there will be a few people setting up their computers to make vaccine certificates.

25 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I have now received both vaccinations in the U.K.,  I have a NHS card indicating the dates, the vaccine Pfizer and the dates given, I doubt very much that would be classed as a certificate ?

Check my earlier post. Your official NHS records including jabs are available on line. Just need to sign up. 

5 hours ago, kimamey said:

A pretty ridiculous comment.  It will depend on how long they intend to stay. If its 10 days and they have to quarantine for 7 days then yes but if its longer then its not so bad.  Some will be like myself and many others on this forum who stay here long term so not really a problem at all. 

Those who would plan visiting for a week or 10 days probably won't come but others will which is a start.  I don't think it's reasonable to judge this based on someone visiting for a time frame you've picked as it suits your negative narrative. This is a start that's all. 

I agree with you that it's a step in the right direction, and I'm happy to see that. 

But I would imagine the majority of tourists from countries like the UK take a holiday for 1 month or less. Spending at least 25% of your trip banged up in a hotel watching TV, and potentially facing quarantine on return to the home country would put most of those tourists off. Plus you have the added risk of rules changing as they go along, or over officious customs officers at Swampy potentially blocking your entry. 

Would be interesting to know how much of the Thai tourism $ is made up of the 2-4 week western holiday makers, because I really don't think they'll come until quarantines are gone completely. 

• Like 1

I may be missing something but the Tourist Authority of Thailand doesn't appear to know that tourists are now allowed to visit Thailand - I thought that was the whole point of these relaxations of the quarantine rules:

*The *11 groups of people currently permitted to enter Thailand.

(1) Thai nationals.

(2) Persons with exemption or persons being considered, permitted or invited by the Prime Minister, or the head of responsible persons accountable for resolving state of emergency issues to enter the Kingdom, pertaining to necessity. Such consideration, permission, or invitation may be subject to specific conditions and time limits.

(3) Persons on diplomatic or consular missions or under International organisations, or representatives of foreign governments performing their duties in the Kingdom, or persons of other international agencies as permitted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs pertaining to necessity, including their spouse, parents, or children.

(4) Carriers of necessary goods, subject to immediate return after completion.

(5) Crew members who are required to travel into the Kingdom on a mission, and have a specific date and time for return.

(6) Non-Thai nationals who are spouses, parents, or children of Thai nationals.

(7) Non-Thai nationals who hold a Certificate of Residence, including their spouses and children.

(8) Non-Thai nationals who have a work permit or have been granted permission to work in the Kingdom in accordance with the Thai laws, including their spouses and children, or foreign workers who have been granted exemption from the government to temporarily stay in the Kingdom and permitted to work through their employers or licensees who are permitted to bring in foreign workers to work in the Kingdom.

(9) Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational institutions approved by Thai authorities, including their parents or guardians, excluding students of non-formal educational institutions in accordance with the law on private schools, and of other similar private educational institutions.

(10) Non-Thai nationals who are in need of medical treatment in Thailand, and their accompanying persons. However, this shall not include medical treatment for COVID–19.

(11) Non-Thai nationals who have been granted permission to enter into the Kingdom under special arrangements between Thai government agencies and other countries, or persons or groups of persons who have been granted permission by the Prime Minister upon the submission for consider after the examination and review by the Ad Hoc Committee for the Consideration of the Relaxation of the Enforcement of Measures to Present and Suppress the Spread of the Communicable Disease Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19), and shall comply with disease prevention measures determined by the Ad Hoc Committee.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/thailand-reduces-quarantine-for-international-arrivals-from-1-april-2021/?fbclid=IwAR3n_M5Sj_G_WVmLUvOsJn-a2FrLebjFeTkANDOT-jxP5IWcIb1O6CbgiEE

Edit:

Typical Thai Criticism Prevention - there is a comment page on the above website.  When I left a comment that they had failed to list tourists, it was blocked stating 'Suspected Bot'. Tried again using my Thai e-mail address, same result. ????

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Being cynical there will be a few people setting up their computers to make vaccine certificates.

I would not be surpised if all that is acceptable is an online confirmation before long. For sure some will fake paper certificates.

14 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I was under the impression Thai Nationals still require the Fit to Fly Certificate.

No covid test and no fit to fly for Thai nationals

Covid test but no fit to fly for foreigners, 

The fit to fly was just another layer of autocracy IMO, why would you need that if you have a negative Covid test? 

42 minutes ago, fgmr said:

What duration after the 14 days of having the 2nd  jab is entry to Thailand permitted?

My apologies, I misread your post in my original reply.

Once you have completed testing and quarantine, you should not present any additional risk so the duration will be the limitations of your visa/extension. In other words, normal.

Edited by KhaoYai

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Of course we will all want to know what sort of proof of vaccination the Thai authorities will require. 

For those in the UK, this might work:

Following this announcment I contacted my GP and asked what proof of vaccination was available.  Apparently if you register with your GP for online services you can then download an application called Airmid to your phone.  Your personal health record is available on that application - username and password protected.

https://www.tpp-uk.com/products/airmid

Thanks for posting, but IMO not necessary,  because if you register with the NHS Services     https://www.nhsapp.service.nhs.uk/login 

that in itself is enough to see your "personal health record", so the Airmid app appears to be overkill (pardon the term!)

I have registered on the NHS Services and CAN see my Health Record, Prescriptions, Vaccinations, including Covid.

I'm not being negative for the sake of it  @KhaoYai but it would appear to me that the NHS method is simpler, and more likely to carry weight with non-UK authorities than an App from a private company https://www.tpp-uk.com/

Please do tell me why I'm wrong, if you think I am. ????

Edited by VBF

5 minutes ago, VBF said:

Please do tell me why I'm wrong, if you think I am. 

I don't - I just posted what the staff at my GP's told me - for some reason she didn't mention the NHS App.  I'll happily use whichever App is acceptable/easiest and uses the least memory up on my phone (I'm running low).  The point is that people, at least in the UK, have an online record of their vaccination.

Edited by KhaoYai

7 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I don't - I just posted what the staff at my GP's told me - for some reason she didn't mention the NHS App.  I'll happily use whichever App is acceptable/easiest and uses the least memory up on my phone (I'm running low).  The point is that people, at least in the UK have an online record of their vaccination.

Thank you - I thought I was missing something.

With the NHS App, you have to prove your ID (PP / DL) to use it, plus it's not actually a private App, just a website - so a link in your browser and you can access it on phone / tablet / PC.  It would seem to me to be more official than the App and just as easily brought into view and use no more phone resource than browsing any other website.

Here's what it says about my first Covid shot:

image.png.7669b3006130a52da0bebeedcf339f1b.png

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

Won't affect tourists numbers anyway, as explained, countless of times, by many TW users. 

Wasting one week in quarantine of hard earned holiday it's not a choice for regular holidaymakers.

It's a positive move though for long time visitors and thais wishing to return home. 

As previously asked, what happens if a vaccinated expat travels to Phuket, no quarantine, but has family in other parts of Thailand? 

Can they visit him/her? 

Are you obliged to be in Phuket the whole period of your holiday? 

Very cautious approach, somehow I understand it, but given the maddness around Covid-19, with people missing the real facts, I think Thailand will be on a dilemma, as they need to accept higher infections, if they want to open the country. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, drenddy said:

Won't affect tourists numbers anyway, as explained, countless of times, by many TW users. 

Wasting one week in quarantine of hard earned holiday it's not a choice for regular holidaymakers.

It's a positive move though for long time visitors and thais wishing to return home. 

As previously asked, what happens if a vaccinated expat travels to Phuket, no quarantine, but has family in other parts of Thailand? 

Can they visit him/her? 

Are you obliged to be in Phuket the whole period of your holiday? 

Very cautious approach, somehow I understand it, but given the maddness around Covid-19, with people missing the real facts, I think Thailand will be on a dilemma, as they need to accept higher infections, if they want to open the country. 

I cant believe that after July, they would make Phuket out of bounce for Thai nationals. So I am willing to bet that yes , if they have family in other parts of the country, they should be able to come and visit them in Phuket  

3 hours ago, VBF said:

Thank you - I thought I was missing something.

With the NHS App, you have to prove your ID (PP / DL) to use it, plus it's not actually a private App, just a website - so a link in your browser and you can access it on phone / tablet / PC.  It would seem to me to be more official than the App and just as easily brought into view and use no more phone resource than browsing any other website.

A friend has just sent me the requirements of the Thai Embassy in Washington, USA.

They are saying (US spelling and underlining, not mine) 'Travelers must present the vaccine certificate (with an original or printed copy) at the port of arrival.

We will have to await instructions from the Thai Embassy in London as you have the NHS App, do you know if the vaccine record can be printed or not?  If not, I will contact the Embassy as soon as they list their requirements.

I don't really see a problem but as it seems the details will be checked upon arrival, if they won't accept the evidence we are asked to give - its 11 nights quarantine ( I don't know why the Thai authorities insist on saying 14 days and 10 days + 7 will probably be 8 ????)

Edited by KhaoYai

I think compared to most European Countries , Americas and many African states the Thais have done a reasonable job. England has been an absolute disaster. At least this latest news improves the postion of many of us that want to return to our Thai homes and partners. A step in the right direction , lets hope for success.

11 hours ago, kimamey said:

A pretty ridiculous comment.  It will depend on how long they intend to stay. If its 10 days and they have to quarantine for 7 days then yes but if its longer then its not so bad.  Some will be like myself and many others on this forum who stay here long term so not really a problem at all. 

Those who would plan visiting for a week or 10 days probably won't come but others will which is a start.  I don't think it's reasonable to judge this based on someone visiting for a time frame you've picked as it suits your negative narrative. This is a start that's all. 

Is your sense of humour in quarantine?

9 hours ago, impulse said:

Good news in LOS always comes with a catch.  Well, maybe not always, but...

I suspect that may well change quickly. Thailand desperately needs to open up, even a reduction from 14 to 7 days quarantine. I'm guessing they won't let this point stop any reduction in Q time and opening up of tourism and revenue for tourism operators and jobs. 

The app mentioned in regard to the UK seems to have good credibility, the Australian Medicare/National Immunization Record has good credibility and I read somewhere Singapore has an accessible digital record of all vaccinations. And no doubt there are more credible records. 

How can the LOS officials ignore these records?

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

A friend has just sent me the requirements of the Thai Embassy in Washington, USA.

They are saying (US spelling and underlining, not mine) 'Travelers must present the vaccine certificate (with an original or printed copy) at the port of arrival.

We will have to await instructions from the Thai Embassy in London as you have the NHS App, do you know if the vaccine record can be printed or not?  If not, I will contact the Embassy as soon as they list their requirements.

I don't really see a problem but as it seems the details will be checked upon arrival, if they won't accept the evidence we are asked to give - its 11 nights quarantine ( I don't know why the Thai authorities insist on saying 14 days and 10 days + 7 will probably be 8 ????)

Did you read the details of the offic1al announcement on Q days and when day 1 starts, here on TV yesterday and in a newspaper not to be mentioned on TV.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Did you read the details of the offic1al announcement on Q days and when day 1 starts, here on TV yesterday and in a newspaper not to be mentioned on TV.

No I didn't - I'm in the UK so I don't get that newspaper, I have no idea what Q days is and I didn't see anything called When Day 1 Starts on TV. But I have read one of the official announcements - the one from the TAT and several different versions in various places.

I don't pay that much attention to so called announcments on here regarding the Pandemic because one day there's an announcment, the next something completely different is said.  Its all been very confusing and continues to be so - the TAT for example don't even seem to know that tourists are permitted to enter Thailand.

I read what I see on here and then I wait to see how the Thai Embassy in London translates that into their requirements because at the end of the day, they are the ones that will issue my C.O.E. They may or may not follow what the Thai government says on any of this - they didn't last year for a while but they are the ones my application goes to and ultimately they control my visit and there is no arguing with them.

So far I've seen several official announcments that state different things about vaccinations.  The Thai Embassy in Washington, US is asking for a 'Vaccination Certificate' - maybe they exist in the US, I don't know but they are not available in the UK.

I'll try to find the post called 'when day one starts' but I'd appreciate a link if you have a moment. Things are not always easy to find on here - even using the search facility.

Edit:

As I thought - can't find it using the search facility. But let me guess, its an explanation of how quarantine days work?  I'm sure the Thai's have an explanation for it but calling it 14 days quarantine for example, is just plain incorrect, no matter how they see it.  My wife did 15 nights and the best part of 16 days in state quarantine. She arrived early in the morning on what I would call day 1. She wasn't allowed to make her own way home when she was 'released' from her hotel - she had to use a designated bus and didn't reach home until the evening of the 16th day. That's 16 days not 14 in my calendar.

Edited by KhaoYai

53 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

No I didn't - I'm in the UK so I don't get that newspaper, I have no idea what Q days is and I didn't see anything called When Day 1 Starts on TV. But I have read one of the official announcements - the one from the TAT and several different versions in various places.

I don't pay that much attention to so called announcments on here regarding the Pandemic because one day there's an announcment, the next something completely different is said.  Its all been very confusing and continues to be so - the TAT for example don't even seem to know that tourists are permitted to enter Thailand.

I read what I see on here and then I wait to see how the Thai Embassy in London translates that into their requirements because at the end of the day, they are the ones that will issue my C.O.E. They may or may not follow what the Thai government says on any of this - they didn't last year for a while but they are the ones my application goes to and ultimately they control my visit and there is no arguing with them.

So far I've seen several official announcments that state different things about vaccinations.  The Thai Embassy in Washington, US is asking for a 'Vaccination Certificate' - maybe they exist in the US, I don't know but they are not available in the UK.

I'll try to find the post called 'when day one starts' but I'd appreciate a link if you have a moment. Things are not always easy to find on here - even using the search facility.

Edit:

As I thought - can't find it using the search facility. But let me guess, its an explanation of how quarantine days work?  I'm sure the Thai's have an explanation for it but calling it 14 days quarantine for example, is just plain incorrect, no matter how they see it.  My wife did 15 nights and the best part of 16 days in state quarantine. She arrived early in the morning on what I would call day 1. She wasn't allowed to make her own way home when she was 'released' from her hotel - she had to use a designated bus and didn't reach home until the evening of the 16th day. That's 16 days not 14 in my calendar.

I mentioned TV, I was referring to ThaiVisa.com Forums commonly known as TV.

I've attached several items :

1. Below. Please note this presentation/media release from:

"""CCSA small committee spokeswoman Dr Apisamai Srirangsan said that today's the day that new quarantine and testing regulations come in.

They have been signed off by PM Prayuth Chan-ocha the head of the big committee. """

CCSA is the official Thai Government committee tasked to take care of Covid Situation Administration. Dr. Apisamai appears regularly on a CCSA facebook live report which is filed on their facebook page. 

Starts here:

CCSA small committee spokeswoman Dr Apisamai Srirangsan said that today's the day that new quarantine and testing regulations come in.

They have been signed off by PM Prayuth Chan-ocha the head of the big committee.

Here are the details:

Quarantine is 7 days for tourists who have been vaccinated* fully (we assume that means twice) 14 days prior to arriving in Thailand.

Quarantine is 10 days for those who have not been vaccinated or not received the full doses

TNN explained the * as being vaccinations approved by the Thai authorities and the WHO.

Quarantine of 14 days remains for those coming from areas with virus mutations as designated by the Ministry of Public Health.

The number of tests for seven day quarantiners is one only after 5-6 days, 10 day people must do two and 14 day folk must have three.

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-01

The media release says it's for tourists but I'm assuming it also covers several other 'categories' of folks entering Thailand.

2. Issued by a Thai Embassy, but I don't know which embassy: file Attached.

3. Yesterday there was another media release which repeats attachment 1 above but in more detail. Included is how quarantine days are now calculated. I think it's different from the past but I'm not sure.

I'll keep searching for that media release and post it. 

image.png

19 hours ago, Guderian said:

26 new cases today, I only hope they're prepared for the 26,000 new cases that will soon become normal once they drop the quarantine requirement.

They've been successful in managing the virus so far as their extremely laborious, manual track-and-trace system works very well for low numbers of infections, but once numbers in the thousands start appearing it will no longer work, the effort required means that they'll always be behind the curve and falling further behind every day. Given that the Thai national vaccination programme makes the EU one look like it's rocket-propelled, that means when the kee hits the fan in the not-to--distant future, Thailand will have nothing left to fight it with.

Personally, with no private hospital that I'm aware of yet offering safe vaccines, I'm seriously thinking of locking up the house and flying back to Britain, which is now a pretty safe place, and getting safer every day, and watching the impending Thai Covid disaster from a safe distance.

Are you serious ? Maybe you can consider to order a dating with a psychologist ?

You scare to much, if i tell you that they are thinking (in Thailand) to have no huge infected cases is logic because they do not test widely the population.

As all the other countries that have low infected population and because, all of them, they do not test enough  to see something relevant.

But anyway... your problem is now to have a kind of panic attitude. So i think you should probably be very old to scare like that. Protect yourself, but do not panic, it serve nothing bu tincrease a problem.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

I mentioned TV, I was referring to ThaiVisa.com Forums commonly known as TV.

I've attached several items :

1. Below. Please note this presentation/media release from:

"""CCSA small committee spokeswoman Dr Apisamai Srirangsan said that today's the day that new quarantine and testing regulations come in.

They have been signed off by PM Prayuth Chan-ocha the head of the big committee. """

CCSA is the official Thai Government committee tasked to take care of Covid Situation Administration. Dr. Apisamai appears regularly on a CCSA facebook live report which is filed on their facebook page. 

Starts here:

CCSA small committee spokeswoman Dr Apisamai Srirangsan said that today's the day that new quarantine and testing regulations come in.

They have been signed off by PM Prayuth Chan-ocha the head of the big committee.

Here are the details:

Quarantine is 7 days for tourists who have been vaccinated* fully (we assume that means twice) 14 days prior to arriving in Thailand.

Quarantine is 10 days for those who have not been vaccinated or not received the full doses

TNN explained the * as being vaccinations approved by the Thai authorities and the WHO.

Quarantine of 14 days remains for those coming from areas with virus mutations as designated by the Ministry of Public Health.

The number of tests for seven day quarantiners is one only after 5-6 days, 10 day people must do two and 14 day folk must have three.

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-01

The media release says it's for tourists but I'm assuming it also covers several other 'categories' of folks entering Thailand.

2. Issued by a Thai Embassy, but I don't know which embassy: file Attached.

3. Yesterday there was another media release which repeats attachment 1 above but in more detail. Included is how quarantine days are now calculated. I think it's different from the past but I'm not sure.

I'll keep searching for that media release and post it. 

image.png

More: Please note the paragraph which I have made bold font.

There's another report which confirms the calculation / start of the quarantine days has been officially approved, I'm trying to find it. 

Shorter Covid-19 quarantine from April 1

PUBLISHED : 31 MAR 2021 AT 17:57

WRITER: ONLINE REPORTERS

•  
Travellers arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Samut Prakan province and will be quarantined right away. Quarantine has been shortened for most arrivals from April 1 (File photo)

Travellers arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Samut Prakan province and will be quarantined right away. Quarantine has been shortened for most arrivals from April 1 (File photo)

Quarantine will be reduced to seven days for people coming from overseas who have received two doses of vaccine at least 14 days before arrival, beginning on Thursday, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration confirmed on Wednesday.

Apisamai Srirangson, assistant spokeswoman, said people who had not been vaccinated, had received only one dose of vaccine, or whose second shot was less than 14 days previously, would spend 10 days in quarantine.

The current 14-day period would remain for people arriving from countries where the Covid-19 virus had mutated.

The counting of quarantine days would start right away for arrivals between midnight and 6pm.  For later arrivals, day 1 of quarantine would start the following day.

For seven-day quarantine, foreigners would be tested once after arrival, on days 5-6. Thai returnees who were not tested before flying would be required to give a sample on arrival and be tested once more, on days 5-6.

For 10-day quarantine, arrivals would be tested twice, on days 3-5 and days 9-10.

For 14-day quarantine, arrivals would be tested three times - on arrival day, days 6-7 and days 12-13.

For all categories, arrivals would be traced by a tracking system for 14 days.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, as director of CCSA, would approve the new quarantine measures, Dr Apisamai said.

•  

image.png

22 hours ago, scorecard said:

Key paragraph: 

• Quarantine is 7 days for tourists who have been vaccinated* fully (we assume that means twice) 14 days prior to arriving in Thailand.

Good news, stepping in the right direction.

For the last couple of weeks the requirement was as above plus vaccination record only acceptable if vaccination occurred 90 or less from the date of arrival in Thailand.  This item (90 days aspect )isn't mentioned in the order/policy released yesterday.

That's good news - but perhaps it also means that the 90 days aspect was missed when they wrote the policy - hope not!

Hopefully very soon all the ASQ hotels will reveal their 7 days rates. 

Yes, it should now be exactly 50% of what they were charging, no! they will have less testing than before, so it should be less than the 14 day rates. Then the flying pigs will be taking up a bit of air space.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, it should now be exactly 50% of what they were charging, no! they will have less testing than before, so it should be less than the 14 day rates. Then the flying pigs will be taking up a bit of air space.

One ASQ hotel was charging 24,000Baht for 14 days with 2 tests.

They have announced their new rate - 21,000Baht for 7 days with 1 test.

Half the time but a reduction 3,000Baht, meaning they are charging 80% of the original 24,000 for 14 days, not somewhere near 50% of the original 14 days rate. 

I just hope this brings on a price war, some ASQ hotels reducing a little more than 3,000 to get the sale/customer and more and more hotels reducing even more to get the sale/customer until the rate goes down to equivalent or very near half the original rate.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

One ASQ hotel was charging 24,000Baht for 14 days with 2 tests.

They have announced their new rate - 21,000Baht for 7 days with 1 test.

Half the time but a reduction 3,000Baht, meaning they are charging 80% of the original 24,000 for 14 days, not somewhere near 50% of the original 14 days rate. 

I just hope this brings on a price war, some ASQ hotels reducing a little more than 3,000 to get the sale/customer and more and more hotels reducing even more to get the sale/customer until the rate goes down to equivalent or very near half the original rate.  

"One ASQ hotel was charging 24,000Baht for 14 days with 2 tests".  Are you really sure about that? Maybe a typo.

23 hours ago, Guderian said:

26 new cases today, I only hope they're prepared for the 26,000 new cases that will soon become normal once they drop the quarantine requirement.

They've been successful in managing the virus so far as their extremely laborious, manual track-and-trace system works very well for low numbers of infections, but once numbers in the thousands start appearing it will no longer work, the effort required means that they'll always be behind the curve and falling further behind every day. Given that the Thai national vaccination programme makes the EU one look like it's rocket-propelled, that means when the kee hits the fan in the not-to--distant future, Thailand will have nothing left to fight it with.

Personally, with no private hospital that I'm aware of yet offering safe vaccines, I'm seriously thinking of locking up the house and flying back to Britain, which is now a pretty safe place, and getting safer every day, and watching the impending Thai Covid disaster from a safe distance.

Ohhh lord  ????????????????

10 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

As i said the "NHS App" is just a link so no reason why you couldn't print it, in the same way you could print THIS page on which we're now writing.

But what would it prove if you did? It's not a vaccine certificate. Another one of those "wait and see" phases, methinks!

I'm not going until quarantine is abandoned anyway, so whatever is the prevailing instruction on that minute, of that hour of that day......????