Thai / Isaan girls entitled? I don't understand

21 hours ago, 473geo said:

Given some of the stingy old fossils, and "I don't pay" young studs posting on Tvisa I expect not so much of a threat to go back the bar, rather a necessity ????????

As per the OP title.  If nothing is ever enough, perhaps they should stay in the bar.    ????

Edited by Leaver

37 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

There is no doubt that some guys, as in every country, get fleeced. I can tell you the same story about what an English female did to me which would be exactly the same as what some people claim Thai women do. I could even say she played the “long game” just to add a bit of effect. 

There is also a lot of bar type talk that goes on both outside and on here and before you know it, it becomes “history shows”. 
What history actually shows is many guys have successful marriages and relationships in Thailand including Isaan. I know of many, but that is just my own observation. That is what my history shows. 

Its all about perspective. 

On places like TVF you mostly only get to hear about the negative experiences. 

I also doubt that “you see” a lot of guys getting fleeced. You may well hear a few of them tell you what has supposedly to them and most likely only hear their side which may or may not be accurate.  

Either way, there are good and bad women from all parts of the globe. 
You won’t hear much about the good ones as places like this tend to ridicule anyone who is a positive experience and tend to twist their story to one where she must therefore be playing the long game. 

Ahhh then there is always the fall back that it must be true as they read it in “Thailand Fever” or whatever best seller that have bought in to. 

Good luck to everyone whatever path they choose. 

Good post, and once again, I never said ALL marriages / relationships.

Was the English lass a hooker?  Probably not.  Yet, that suddenly doesn't seem to be a problem for many when they come to Thailand.  

Would you care to put a percentage on successful relationships to scam relationships?

I personally know a few guys who were fleeced, and I know a couple getting fleeced in the present.  I'm not talking about buying a new phone, but for bigger spend items like land and building a house.  Still to this day, guys are allowing themselves to be fleeced. 

A young guy can financially recover, because he is still working.  For a retired expat, there's not a lot of earning potential or capacity left in their life.  Retirement, and it's finite financial resources are usually a one shot deal.    

You mentioned "Thailand Fever" but the mere fact the "send money for sick buffalo" is a common joke meant that this scam happened on such a magnitude that it it become a joke. 

The ridiculous thing is, despite books, the internet, and word of mouth about the scams within relationships here, guys are still sending money for sick buffalo, buying land, building houses etc because their girl is different.  

For many, not ALL,  they find out a few years later she's wasn't different at all.  She was the same as the girls in "Thailand Fever."  ????

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Was the English lass a hooker?  Probably not.  Yet, that suddenly doesn't seem to be a problem for many when they come to Thailand.  

A young guy can financially recover, because he is still working.  For a retired expat, there's not a lot of earning potential or capacity left in their life.  Retirement, and it's finite financial resources are usually a one shot deal.    

I expect many of us would accept (former) hooker partners in the west, if only they'd have us, and we could afford their asking price.

Did you forget pensions? I can be totally broke before the end of the month, then magically next month I have money again.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

I can tell you the same story about what an English female did to me which would be exactly the same as what some people claim Thai women do. I could even say she played the “long game” just to add a bit of effect. 

Me too!

Her long game lasted 30 years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I expect many of us would accept (former) hooker partners in the west, if only they'd have us, and we could afford their asking price.

Did you forget pensions? I can be totally broke before the end of the month, then magically next month I have money again.

I considered pensions, They are a fixed income, so no big spend items from those guys, but I was more commenting on lump sums of money from savings and / or the sale of assets in their home country.  

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Her long game lasted 30 years.

As opposed to many, not ALL, Thai women.  Their "long game" is 30 months, but due to the victim being retired, and have no recourse in a Thai Court, the financial damage in many cases can be worse than a divorce in the west many years prior.  

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I considered pensions, They are a fixed income, so no big spend items from those guys, but I was more commenting on lump sums of money from savings and / or the sale of assets in their home country.  

Savings, lump sums,

When they're gone, they're gone, no point in keeping them until you're dead.

Spend them while you're still mobile enough to enjoy the sex with them IMHO.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Savings, lump sums,

When they're gone, they're gone, no point in keeping them until you're dead.

Spend them while you're still mobile enough to enjoy them IMHO.

Exactly.

You worked hard for the money, so spend it on yourself and have a great lifestyle in your retirement in Thailand.

Why spend it on buying a patch of jungle in Issan, that your can not own in your name, to make a banana farm, and build a house in a place where you have no interest in living?   ????

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Why spend it on buying a patch of jungle in Issan, that your can not own in your name, to make a banana farm, and build a house in a place where you have no interest in living? 

I risked 300kbht as 15% mortgage deposit on a house in her name 7 years back, still living there.

In fact i'm just risking another 150kbht on a 4m x 4m 2 story extension, they just started today.

Nobody forces you to spend millions and buy it outright as a gift for her.

Edited by BritManToo

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I risked 300kbht as 15% mortgage deposit on a house in her name 7 years back, still living there.

In fact i'm just risking another 150kbht on a 4m x 4m 2 story extension, they just started today.

Nobody forces you to spend millions and buy it outright as a gift for her.

I was commenting in general, not about your specific case, BMT.

I know a guy doing the mortgage system.  They have been together for many years.  It's not for me to say would she still be there if he bought the same place outright in her name, but at least he covered his a**.  

As you say, there are different ways to achieve an outcome without buying something outright in her name, yet, so many guys here do not opt for the safer options.  

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 12:16 PM, Tingtong2mut said:

What miserly attitude? Expecting that they at least pick up after themselves or take care of themselves in some way.... or its ok to shower them in money while they sit on the sofa taking selfies and watching TV all day? Never lifting a finger, particularly when they brought a child into the mix as well. Mine has a nice comfortable home, expensive phone, Macbook, tablet....gold...room full of clothes and bags, savings in the bank and a daily free ride. Everything she owned fitted into a sports bag when I met her and her 2yo old child was basically fending for himself in a village. Forgive me for not feeling any guilt.   

You sound a bit like you've got WKS AKA White Knight Syndrome.

The only thing I can think of is that you're not much fun, or 'mai sanook' to be around.

If anything, from what you've said it sounds as if money isn't her motivation here, so something else. 

Are you a bit boring? ????

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You are speaking for yourself again but seem to believe you speak for all foreigners. 

Wrong.

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Why do they do it? Because they want to. It’s their money to do whatever they wish and if they wish to donate it to an ex bar girl that’s their choice. 

True.  

I wish them the best of luck. I'll still be here long after they have gone home broke.   ????

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Maybe living in a remote Isaan village is a great lifestyle to them and they dont care about potentially giving the money away or losing any land they buy.

Funny how many of them started in southern areas near a beach, and ended up in a village in Issan. 

I wonder how many of them aspired to retire to a village in Issan before they retired?  ????

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You seem to have difficulty in accepting that not everyone is like you and wishes to live in Mongerford and rent a different lady each night. 

Your personal attack is wasted on me.  

It's not about living in Mongerland.  Once again, how many do you truly think aspired to live in a village in Issan in their twilight years?  

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It appears that your view of Isaan women is based on the hookers you rent in Pattaya or what you are told by your beer mates at the bar.  Have you ever actually been to Isaan or outside of Pattaya ?

I can assure you I have seen more of Thailand and South East Asia than most, including yourself.

A high percentage of hookers in Thailand are from Issan. Do you deny this?  Their occupation aside, are they not "Issan women?"   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aforek said:

You can live 100 years in Asia and still have prejudices and idées reçues  

I'm not prejudice.  I am just calling it as I see it, and as history has shown it.

6 minutes ago, Aforek said:

it doesn't mean you are right : as said above, you speak for yourself with your own way of thinking , somethings right, somethings wrong , but you don't have the absolute truth ;

No.  I never said I was right, and others were wrong, but statistics tend to show my comments have some fact.

7 minutes ago, Aforek said:

how can you judge the way of life of millions people ?

I am not judging others, yet you seem to be judging me.

8 minutes ago, Aforek said:

There are people who are happy in Issan with ex hooker

If so, I wish them well, but stand by my comments that I doubt that's what many aspired to upon their retirement to Thailand.

9 minutes ago, Aforek said:

other who can't live without luxious

Also others that could have had some luxury in their retirement, but gave all their money away to a hooker.  

11 minutes ago, Aforek said:

there are billions ways to be happy

True, and not being fleecing here is one of them.  

19 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Wrong.

True.  

I wish them the best of luck. I'll still be here long after they have gone home broke.   ????

Funny how many of them started in southern areas near a beach, and ended up in a village in Issan. 

I wonder how many of them aspired to retire to a village in Issan before they retired?  ????

Your personal attack is wasted on me.  

It's not about living in Mongerland.  Once again, how many do you truly think aspired to live in a village in Issan in their twilight years?  

I can assure you I have seen more of Thailand and South East Asia than most, including yourself.

A high percentage of hookers in Thailand are from Issan. Do you deny this?  Their occupation aside, are they not "Issan women?"   

It wasn’t meant to come across as a personal attack so apologies if that’s the case. 

People change. Circumstances change. Some through personal choice.  How many people actually thought they would end up in Thailand per se in their twilight or retirement following a messy divorce back home. I personally spent years in Pattaya and it wasn’t until I started travelling to other parts realised how bored I was of it there. Again, to each their  own. 

Incidentally your comment  re how much you have travelled more than myself is nonsense as you have no idea of my extent as I have not yours. Once again you are generalising. 

Yes a lot of women travel from Isaan  to the lines of Pattaya, Phuket, etc. Isaans a massive area. It would be surprising if they didn’t. I have also seen many women change over the years in Pattaya. Some of the ladies who arrived were very different from the ladies they had become a couple of years later for a variety of reasons. That’s not necessarily an Isaan lady thing, more of a Pattaya thing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I'm not prejudice.  I am just calling it as I see it, and as history has shown it.

No.  I never said I was right, and others were wrong, but statistics tend to show my comments have some fact.

I would be interested to see these stats. Can you post them so we can all’s we what you are referring to?

• Like 2

So you've had all these professional women !! Now you're living with an Issan 'girl' why not just go back to finding the professional types again ? Or were they a figment of someone's imagination ? 

Edited by Golden Triangle
Spelling

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

It wasn’t meant to come across as a personal attack so apologies if that’s the case. 

People change. Circumstances change. Some through personal choice.  How many people actually thought they would end up in Thailand per se in their twilight or retirement following a messy divorce back home. I personally spent years in Pattaya and it wasn’t until I started travelling to other parts realised how bored I was of it there. Again, to each their  own. 

Incidentally your comment  re how much you have travelled more than myself is nonsense as you have no idea of my extent as I have not yours. Once again you are generalising. 

Yes a lot of women travel from Isaan  to the lines of Pattaya, Phuket, etc. Isaans a massive area. It would be surprising if they didn’t. I have also seen many women change over the years in Pattaya. Some of the ladies who arrived were very different from the ladies they had become a couple of years later for a variety of reasons. That’s not necessarily an Isaan lady thing, more of a Pattaya thing. 

Good post.

Yes, people change and circumstances change.  Just wondering if the decisions they made when they first came to Thailand caused the changes.

I don't think many get divorced late 50's to mid 60's, which is retirement age.  I agree many may have had a messy divorce in the west, but as they were still working, they could financially recover.  Not so after retirement.

I am living in Pattaya and keep myself active and healthy.  I exercise both mind and body, otherwise, you are correct, people get bored and end up in the bar all day.  

You are correct, I have no idea how well travelled you are, but I do know how well travelled I am.  It's not a p**sing contest, but I have travelled Thailand and South East Asia extensively. 

I do laugh at guys that all they know is Phuket or Pattaya, and the wife's village in Issan, yet they will tell you about all about Thailand.  ????

Whilst many travel from Issan to work in southern tourist areas, Issan women are over represented in the sex trade.  Hard to deny this.

I agree, women change.  It's well known after they have done over a few farang and become independently wealthy, they actually look to settle down with one.  ????

Edited by Leaver

On 4/1/2021 at 2:13 PM, 473geo said:

I am struggling not to "misinterpret this as a Thai bashing"

My wife is one of the hardest working people I know, a real treasure

I actually recognise a lot of what the OP says in my Thai (Isaan) girlfriend.

On 4/2/2021 at 12:36 PM, LukKrueng said:

Op - we heard your side of the story, now put her on the keyboard and let's hear what she has to say...

If anything like mine, probably avoid any real reasons and just say kee-neow.   I'm not!

On 4/5/2021 at 11:34 AM, BritManToo said:

A fair few Thai ladies continue their trade even when in the UK.  Mine even trained to be a dominatrix here, before I met her ????

Many feel short changed as they see and hear what others are getting out of Mr foreigner, my Mrs suffers from this a little. Recently she showed me a YT clip of a relative unwrapping a new Chanel bag she had to go on a waiting list for cost reportedly 200k. Her Canadian bloke also bought her a house and land up country, a house in Thonburi and 6 mil condo on Sathorn. Added to that a new white Merc and supposedly 100k a month. Some of this may be exaggerated for face but I have seen the car and some of the property. Here's the thing- they are not even married, why do guys like this go overboard in this way? Mrs sometimes says she not jealous, just as well.

On 4/3/2021 at 8:36 AM, thasoss said:

thai women in a relationship do not expect to have to work....their lies your problem.You think she is grateful that you have set her up in her own business,only to make 10,000 baht a month profit?

op said 10,000 a WEEK 40,000 a month ! if only i had that.

10 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Many feel short changed as they see and hear what others are getting out of Mr foreigner, my Mrs suffers from this a little.

Mine too ....... this morning we wake up and she's telling me "you're very stingy"

I said, "Name one of your family/friends that has more than you or lives in a nicer house?"

• Like 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

Mine too ....... this morning we wake up and she's telling me "you're very stingy"

I said, "Name one of your family/friends that has more than you or lives in a nicer house?"

Buy her a bike.

Each time she comes up with her stories, show in direction of the bike.

"Means: on your bike".

• Like 1