Thai / Isaan girls entitled? I don't understand

15 hours ago, Tingtong2mut said:

I thought at one time I might be better off with a middle aged lady, but have seen many mates have just as many problems with them. One in particular at the moment he's done the buy the house, cars thing (in her name) and just discovered the numerous daily disappearances are the result of a gambling problem. The other thing that has disappeared are the land deeds. And as everything in her name already the act is over and its "like it or lump it"

She will eventually lend money from the mafia/loan sharks, continue to gamble, and when she can't meet the daily repayments they will come and threaten her, probably do a runner to another province, where the mafia WILL find her, run again and again........... just happened to a mate of mine who has lost everything now renting a small room, on his own. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/1/2021 at 8:59 PM, Tingtong2mut said:

Well she does get 10k a week from her little business, for very little effort / hours, while I take care of her son and everything else 

Does she have to pay rent on the business+ electric out of that, if not she is way better off than me. Have you tried to ask her if she is happy, or why she is not ?

I have lived with girls from different backgrounds from doctors, nurses, teachers, a bargirl...

You must be an absolute stunner.

Lived with Doctor(s), Nurse(s), Teacher(s), 1 bargirl.

Others try to do it the other way around. From maybe bargirl to a Dr. You go from the Doctor(s) to the bargirl.

Maybe the problem that's you?

You lived with so many, as you say.

Why nobody is staying or are you kicking them out.

You mention, that you are a "good" husband. Are you married to the BG?

Where is the mother of "your" boy?

Many questions.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 8:59 PM, Tingtong2mut said:

Well she does get 10k a week from her little business, for very little effort / hours, while I take care of her son and everything else 

40k a month?

That's quite a good business. 

Free of tax.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 8:17 AM, Tingtong2mut said:

Actually sleeps on top of me but I know what you mean. Like they would rather be in another country 6 feet away clinging to the opposite edge of the bed. This one is like bi polar. Affection way over the top, needy then angry and moody. I'm wondering which one is the real person or if there are 2 of them in there

There is no other option than sleeping on top of you????

8C5C3619-517D-4DAA-B137-5A44A11F7A1E.jpeg

On 4/1/2021 at 11:37 PM, Leaver said:

That's because of the many stupid farang that came before you actually bought them a penthouse.  Now, their sisters, cousins, daughters, nieces, friends etc expect the same, because all farang are stupid.  ????  

Maybe because they are more rich than stupid, and due to being unattractive, most likely obese, cannot score in their own country.

14 hours ago, How2 said:

read the book "Thailand Fever" it will answer your questions.

I read it twice when I started a serious relationship with a Thai woman several years ago. My Thai lady read it too. We are still together and happy. 

It's a good starter guide and has valid info but is necessarily very general. Not all, perhaps not even most Thai women and western men will closely fit the stereotypes in the book. The authors are honest and treated the subject well, but the final answers are still left as "an exercise for the reader". 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Leaver said:

Your experience is a very common one, but with so much information out that warning you against doing what you did, why did you still do it?  Was it the "my girl is different" syndrome?  

To be absolutely honest , I have been living here 20 years now and would the last person to do such a stupid thing. Then I went back with old girlfriend from 12 years ago as I had reached 60 and thought she was the best one who could look after me. She then gave me the old script about how I had never done anything for her before and she was getting old and needed security. So after all that time off myself preaching to others about what Thai ladys are like, I somehow fell into the trap myself.

• Like 1

What on earth makes you think your experiences only apply to Issan women?  If I didn't know better, I would think that you must have spy equipment watching and listening to everything in my home ( which is in Chiang Rai) and using the knowledge gained to write your post. 

I've spent well over bht 5,000,000 to build her a beautiful house in her village and taken her to many countries around the world.  After 14 years together and married for 8 years, it's cost me many thousands of pounds and countless hours of work to get my wife to the UK where she's now waiting to hear about her application for UK citizenship and still nothing has changed!

6 hours ago, Brick Top said:

To be absolutely honest , I have been living here 20 years now and would the last person to do such a stupid thing. Then I went back with old girlfriend from 12 years ago as I had reached 60 and thought she was the best one who could look after me. She then gave me the old script about how I had never done anything for her before and she was getting old and needed security. So after all that time off myself preaching to others about what Thai ladys are like, I somehow fell into the trap myself.

I understand it can be difficult, but it's a phenomenon that the Thai girl says something like, "if you don't give me this or do that, I will have to go back to the bar."  So, what do guys do, they pay up.  

Should I ever be in such a situation, and I doubt I will, I would be saying something like, "if you go back to the bar, I'll have to go back to the bar as well, to look for someone else."  ????

"The bar" can work both ways.  

Edited by Leaver

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

I understand it can be difficult, but it's a phenomenon that the Thai girl says something like, "if you don't give me this or do that, I will have to go back to the bar."  So, what do guys do, they pay up.  

Should I ever be in such a situation, and I doubt I will, I would be saying something like, "if you go back to the bar, I'll have to go back to the bar as well, to look for someone else."  ????

"The bar" can work both ways.  

I guess two alike find each other and who deserve each other. There takes two to dance tango is an old saying, and still good today as back then. 

25 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Multicultural relationships are a challenge at the best of times. Men and women are already different enough. Now add language. Add culture. Add life experience/age/education. THEN on top of all that add economics.  It will take a LOT of effort on both sides to make it work out.  To me, the key is communications. If one of you is not relatively fluent in the others' native language there will inevitably be trouble, even given the best of intentions.  At worst a relationship that relies on Google Translate is absolutely unthinkable. 

And also taken in to the consideration of the mix of the foreigners who settle and marry in Thailand, or bring the girls back home. 

I would say, I have met more originals of the expats here in Thailand, than any other place I have travelled in the world. Seems Thailand is a magnet to the strangest strangers. 

But in our own minds, we are the normal ones, and everyone elses is the crazy ones. Right? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tagged said:

I guess two alike find each other and who deserve each other. There takes two to dance tango is an old saying, and still good today as back then. 

It's not about being "two alike."  It's about a Thai girl thinking that if she threatens to go back to the bar, the farang can be manipulated, and history shows this worked well for Thai girls over the years.  

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

It's not about being "two alike."  It's about a Thai girl thinking that if she threatens to go back to the bar, the farang can be manipulated, and history shows this worked well for Thai girls over the years.  

You’re history?......or are you the spokesperson for every other foreigner who has or has had a Thai partner 

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Given some of the stingy old fossils, and "I don't pay" young studs posting on Tvisa I expect not so much of a threat to go back the bar, rather a necessity ????????

Edited by 473geo
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Kadilo said:

You’re history?......or are you the spokesperson for every other foreigner who has or has had a Thai partner 

Not my history.  Never even had a Thai girlfriend.  I'm in Thailand post retirement for a good time, not to adopt an extended Thai family in Issan and have to put up with all the BS. 

I may enter into a "financial agreement" with a Thai girl in the future, but the moment any BS starts she'll be shown the door. 

You see a lot of guys getting fleeced.  Some members have shared their experience on this thread.  I never said they ALL get fleeced.