Proof of Vaccination - UK

I posted this on another thread but I thought it was maybe worth its own thread.  I can't say 100% that this will be acceptable proof of vaccination but I think it will be.

'Of course we will all want to know what sort of proof of vaccination the Thai authorities will require. 

For those in the UK, this might work:

Following this announcment I contacted my GP and asked what proof of vaccination was available.  Apparently if you register with your GP for online services you can then download an application called Airmid to your phone.  Your personal health record is available on that application - username and password protected.'

https://www.tpp-uk.com/products/airmid

The same information is available on the NHS app (https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/nhs-app/).  The problem will likely be presenting the information in a credible/believable format.  The NHS app has been mooted as a possible solution to the "vaccination passport" issue and probably without too much effort they could manage to provide a single screen containing all the details needs, i.s. name/dob/date and type of vaccination, etc.  Currently it shows as a line entry in your record but it's not really convenient to be used to prove anything, especially if you need a print version of it. 

49 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

The problem will likely be presenting the information in a credible/believable format. 

Given the Thai government's love affair with 'Apps' and the fact that a username & password are required, I think the airmid app will be acceptable.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest jonzboy

The recently published UK study on global travel says something about this, but being a work in progress fails to appreciate that people need this now

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/977446/Report-of-the-Global-Travel-Taskforce-accessible.pdf

1. To permit people to travel internationally, states have set out COVID-19 status requirements for entry, including negative COVID-19 tests pre-departure. Increasingly, this status includes vaccination status, a negative test, and/or immunity (antibody) status. We will play a leading role in development of international standards around a digital travel certification system that can enable travellers to evidence their COVID-19 status to demonstrate they meet public health entry requirements. The NHS is developing a digital and non-digital solution for individuals to demonstrate COVID-19 status. NHSX is working with the Department for Transport and other departments to consider the role of these in helping to facilitate outbound travel.

2. For inbound international travel, our ambition is to have a system in place to facilitate travel certification for international travel. Any solution for international travel certification needs to be user friendly, interoperable with various other systems and able to facilitate a quick interaction at the border.