Need Urologist Surgeon

Mike45

I need a Urologist surgeon. I am not looking for a diagnostician. I am looking for a surgeon. I recognize that surgery is a skill and not all doctors are equals with a knife. Can you recommend someone?

Thanks

Mod's I would appreciate it if you could leave my post in the general forum. I was getting no response in the medical forum. Thanks

Edited by Mike45

I need a Urologist surgeon. I am not looking for a diagnostician. I am looking for a surgeon. I recognize that surgery is a skill and not all doctors are equals with a knife. Can you recommend someone?

Thanks

Mod's I would appreciate it if you could leave my post in the general forum. I was getting no response in the medical forum. Thanks

Whats wrong with you Mike and where the he ll are you for Gawds sake?

in case you are in BKK, then - I have to repeat myself - still by far the best option is BUMRUNGRAD. they are not free of faults, but in most cases u will get the best treatment and surgery there.

and their technical equipment is modern-as-modern-can-be.

and they employ most of the best doctors that can be found in the kingdom (luckily those top-doctors where involved in my case last year, otherwise I would not be able to write these words here anymore). though, I agree, there are a few doctors as well I dont wanna encounter again (but most likely in the AMBULANCE sector only), but the surgeons for sure are excellent.

if you are in Bangkok, then do your surgery there and nowhere else.

GOOD LUCK

I can recommend, without hesitation, Dr. Viroj Chodchoy at Bumrungrad - I've heard him described as the best urologist in the Kingdom. He has operated on me twice for Superficial Cancer of the Bladder, and now given me the all-clear - but, of course, still have to go back for regular check-ups.

He also removed a friends kidney, after persistent kidney stones. She recommends him highly.

G

Thanks

Whats wrong with you Mike and where the he ll are you for Gawds sake?

I want to get a vasectomy reversal. It is not covered by medical insurance here in the US. I come to Thailand every year to visit my wifes family. I figured that there must be a good Urologist surgeon there. I have looked at the hospital web sites and now know which hospital has what prices for the service but I believe it is the surgeon that is the most important part of the surgery not the hospital. I have discovered that many of the doctors in Thailand work at several hospitals but on different days of the week. So now I am looking for a good Urologist surgeon at a reasonable priced hospital.

That is why I am looking for a recommendation for a surgeon.

Does any one know Dr.Boonlert Sukwatanasinit at Vejthani ( reasonably priced hospital)?

Does any one know any urologists at Bangkok Christian Hospital?

Thanks

Mike

I had a vasectomy reversal in October, 2005 done by Dr. Wachira Kochakarn and his microsurgery team at Ramathibodhi Hospital. He is an Assoc. Professor at Mahidol University Faculty of Medicine, and also on the staff at Vichaiyut Hospital.

I was 58 and had the vasectomy 16 years before, so they told me there was only a 25% chance that it would be successful -- in fact, my daughter is now 8 months old.

Ramathibodhi is the teaching hospital of Mahidol, and a government hospital. Medical and nursing care was superb, but you have to be comfortable in a Thai government hospital environment - first impressions would probably scare off most westerners. It is not Bumrungrad! I spent 5 nights in a surgical ward with 50 other patients. Some of the patients near me were in VERY bad shape, and I was amazed by the level of care that they received 24 hours a day.

My total bill was 10,900 baht because I have a Thai taxpayer ID card. If I didn't, the bill would have been about 19,000 baht. Amazing...

If I ever have a serious medical problem, Ramathibodhi Hospital is where I'll go.

I had a vasectomy reversal in October, 2005 done by Dr. Wachira Kochakarn and his microsurgery team at Ramathibodhi Hospital. He is an Assoc. Professor at Mahidol University Faculty of Medicine, and also on the staff at Vichaiyut Hospital.

I was 58 and had the vasectomy 16 years before, so they told me there was only a 25% chance that it would be successful -- in fact, my daughter is now 8 months old.

Ramathibodhi is the teaching hospital of Mahidol, and a government hospital. Medical and nursing care was superb, but you have to be comfortable in a Thai government hospital environment - first impressions would probably scare off most westerners. It is not Bumrungrad! I spent 5 nights in a surgical ward with 50 other patients. Some of the patients near me were in VERY bad shape, and I was amazed by the level of care that they received 24 hours a day.

My total bill was 10,900 baht because I have a Thai taxpayer ID card. If I didn't, the bill would have been about 19,000 baht. Amazing...

If I ever have a serious medical problem, Ramathibodhi Hospital is where I'll go.

Thankyou Haroldc

This is the kind of recommendation that I was hoping for. He sounds like a good surgeon.

I had a vasectomy reversal in October...in fact, my daughter is now 8 months old.
I want to get a vasectomy reversal.

I had a vasectomy for more than 15 years and I think that it was a great decision as I would not like to have more children (adoption no problem).

I am curious, becuase I believe that the reason that can motivate a vasectomy reversal must be extraordinary and powerful.

May I ask, with all respect to your personal life, and perhaps with a little bit of envy, how you guys come out with this decision?. It appears to me that are great stories!

I had a vasectomy reversal in October...in fact, my daughter is now 8 months old.

I had a vasectomy for more than 15 years and I think that it was a great decision as I would not like to have more children (adoption no problem).

I am curious, becuase I believe that the reason that can motivate a vasectomy reversal must be extraordinary and powerful.

May I ask, with all respect to your personal life, and perhaps with a little bit of envy, how you guys come out with this decision?. It appears to me that are great stories!

I was 41 years old, we had six children. In fact, they were starting to pop out two at a time. I got the vasectomy, and later switched sides to bat for the other team, shooting blank bullets. Is that a great story, or what?

However, we're getting off topic. This is about vasectomy REVERSALS. Does it matter how long ago the original operation was done, what kind of surgical technique was used?

Thankyou Haroldc

This is the kind of recommendation that I was hoping for. He sounds like a good surgeon.

i'll give you the big tip mike,

if you are going to get a prostrate check at the same time, just make sure you get a chinese dude with real small fingers and dont look him in the eyes when he's doing the dirty. :D

i had this indian dude give me one and his fingers were about 9 inches long. :D

cricky's mate,

i got to tell you that my nose was bleeding by the time he was finished and i was mentally disturbed afterwards. :D

last time i went to that cat, as i think he was enjoying himself a little bit to much and all at my <deleted> expense. :D

anyway mike,

just to keep on topic,

i hope you are firing on all 16 cylinders by the time you get sorted.

cheers mate and be bloody careful about indian dudes with nine inch long fingers. :bah:

hope i helped you out mike and if you need anymore inside information dont hesitate to pm me. :o

thank you very much :bah:

terence

I was 41 years old, we had six children. In fact, they were starting to pop out two at a time. I got the vasectomy, and later switched sides to bat for the other team, shooting blank bullets. Is that a great story, or what?

However, we're getting off topic. This is about vasectomy REVERSALS. Does it matter how long ago the original operation was done, what kind of surgical technique was used?

PB I think you missunderstood my question or simply my spanglish did the job....the question was about the motivations to reverse the vasectomy. I am guessing the answers are in the area of wanting a new family, love etc....nothing to do with surgical techniques!

My fault, Torito, for misunderstanding. We all make decisions in life that we wish we could undo. A new love who wants to have children is the most obvious incentive. Right, gentlemen?

My question about surgical techniques was whether some forms of the original vasectomy are easier to reverse than other forms.

Hi Torito,

I had 2 teenage boys (and a vasectomy) from a previous marriage. I remarried 3+ years ago, and despite a 30 year difference in ages, we are very happy together. When my wife said that she wanted to have a baby, we discussed 3 options and got medical opinions: insemination using donor sperm, sperm extraction (from me), and vasectomy reversal. She said that she wanted the baby to be mine, so we decided to to try the vasectomy reversal with sperm extraction as the fallback.

We both know that there's a good chance that I won't be around to see our daughter much beyond her teenage years, but I certainly can help give her a good start. We both love a family-centered life, and there's nothing like having a baby to put all the hassles of the daily work routine into the right perspective - not really important!

We're not wealthy, and sometimes paying the bills is problematic. But I have a modest amount of life insurance and built a small house in my wife's village in case something happens to me before we have a chance to build up some more savings.

So that's my story.

My fault, Torito, for misunderstanding. We all make decisions in life that we wish we could undo. A new love who wants to have children is the most obvious incentive. Right, gentlemen?

My question about surgical techniques was whether some forms of the original vasectomy are easier to reverse than other forms.

Hi PeaceBlondie,

Check this link - its the website of a clinic in the USA, and it explains things very clearly

http://www.malereproduction.com/08_vasectomyrev.html

HC

Thanks

Please consider this person , he was refer to me from Christian hospital general doctor, my problem was when i have erection i have blood coming out my penis and pain.

He pin point the problem and very easy to talk too.

Later one I learn he is very well know in Bangkok and he is a professor , i highly recommend him.

Bangkok Hospital

Sonboon LEUNGWATTANAKIJ M.D

Urologist

tel 023103009

I agree with haroldc's suggestion about Mahidol Hospital have good doctor and good treatment and not high cost as bumrungrad hospital where I work for (I'm not a doctor or nurse). But if you come to see doctor here, I think they can consult you to have a good solution for ur case. sometimes when we have a financial problem with high cost surgery, doctor can tranfer our case to other public hospital that they work for too. I hope you can find a good doctor.

haroldc, you're so kind and good advise for Mike45.

Please consider this person , he was refer to me from Christian hospital general doctor, my problem was when i have erection i have blood coming out my penis and pain.

He pin point the problem and very easy to talk too.

Later one I learn he is very well know in Bangkok and he is a professor , i highly recommend him.

Bangkok Hospital

Sonboon LEUNGWATTANAKIJ M.D

Urologist

tel 023103009

Thank you for your recommendation.

Mike

Hi Torito,

I had 2 teenage boys (and a vasectomy) from a previous marriage. I remarried 3+ years ago, and despite a 30 year difference in ages, we are very happy together. When my wife said that she wanted to have a baby, we discussed 3 options and got medical opinions: insemination using donor sperm, sperm extraction (from me), and vasectomy reversal. She said that she wanted the baby to be mine, so we decided to to try the vasectomy reversal with sperm extraction as the fallback.

We both know that there's a good chance that I won't be around to see our daughter much beyond her teenage years, but I certainly can help give her a good start. We both love a family-centered life, and there's nothing like having a baby to put all the hassles of the daily work routine into the right perspective - not really important!

We're not wealthy, and sometimes paying the bills is problematic. But I have a modest amount of life insurance and built a small house in my wife's village in case something happens to me before we have a chance to build up some more savings.

So that's my story.

Many thanks 'haroldc'. It is great to see people committed to whatever loves or relationship demands....my best wishes to you and family

Did the Indian dude with the 9" fingers hand you a dozen roses afterwards? Just wondering :bah:

well griff,

thats a good question and im very happy you asked me. :o

the correct answer for 15 points is, yes he did but the cheeky bugger paid for them with the gold nuggets he found in my back bottom. :D :D :bah:

i knew i hid them somewhere but had forgotton. :D

i must tell you griff that im a very reasonable punter, but when i seen that indian dude driving around in farrari ( all paid for in gold nuggets) i was not very <deleted> happy at all. :D

anyway griff,

im staying with the chinese cat with the little fingers as he cant reach my stash of gold nuggets. :D:o

thank you very much, ;)

terence.

Thank you Haroldc

I have contacted Vichaiyut Hospital. They have quoted me a price of around 60,000 baht to have my surgery with Dr. Wachira Kochakarn. I have tried to contact Ramathibodi Hospital by email unsuccessfully. My wife called them and we were transfered around incorrectly a number of times. I have not and believe that I will not be able to get a quote and scheduled surgery at Ramathibodi Hospital. From my wifes conversations on the phone, with the wrong dept., we are lead to believe that I must see the doctor first and then wait 1 month for the surgery. I will only be in Thailand for 3 weeks and really need a scheduled surgery for the first week that I arrive in order to recover enough to fly back to the USA.

Mike