New type of TM30 headache for Non-O/marriage visa holders

Anyone here who has any insight into post-ASQ TM30 procedures, please come forward and share your thoughts as new TM30 trouble for married couples seems imminent.

A few days ago my wife and I finally managed to get on a ThaiAirways flight to Bangkok. At the moment we are doing our ASQ. This time I noticed two pretty unusual things:

1.) The Consulate General put a hand-written note on my visa stating something like "travelling with his wife".
2.) On arrival day the ASQ staff asked me to sign a special letter issued by some government body. I had to confirm that after quarantine I'll instantly travel to my wife's house address in Udon Thani Province (as this is the final destination I've supplied during the Non-O/SE visa application process).

It seems that after ASQ we have precisely 24 hours time to travel to Udon und to get all the TM30 requirements sorted out. 24 hours starting from the moment we leave the ASQ hotel, I guess. I don't mind paying the "posessor's" 1600 B. penalty fine, but I do get a bit nervous thinking about the hefty fines for property "owners" (i.e. my wife) in case we get it wrong.

Therefore, two questions spring to mind:

Question # 1:
As we'll arrive in Udon in the middle of Songkran week, the IO in Udon Thani City will be closed all week. Where do we have to do the TM30 paperwork instead? At the police station next to the IO, or at the police station in my wife's hometown in the sticks?

Question # 2:
Are there any other TM forms we have to care about nowadays? Couldn't find any up-to-date information about TM28 and the other one, was it TM46/47??)

Thanks in advance for any piece of information on this subject.

• Haha 1

I don't see any reason why you should have only 24 hours to arrive in Udon.

Once you arrive there your wife does the TM30 within 24 hours, if the immigration office is closed then she does it as soon as they are open.

If you just stay at your wife's house the TM30 isn't your responsibility.

Nothing else to care about.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nakdontree said:

No, I'm not. We've always stayed in an appartment or a hotel in the recent past when in Thailand.

What address did you put on your TM6 arrival card?

Unless you plan on doing something at immigration while here I would not worry about doing a TM30 report.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nakdontree said:

I put my wife's house address on the TM6 card.

That should cover you for needing to do a TM30 report now since that is the address has in their records. A new TM30 only required now it you change the address immigration has for you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Do nothing. How long are you staying?

yes, if I would silently leave the country after the Non-O-intrinsic 3 months residence permit, then I could simply ignore the TM30 issues, hoping nobody takes notice.

My plan, however, is that I'll try to open a bank account a.s.a.p., so the money necessary for a 1-year residence permit can "mature" for 2 months before I apply for that residence permit. Therefore, it'll be inevitable that I get in touch with an Immigration Office in the near future. And that's the moment the officers will have a close look at my TM30 history.

The requirement is to file a TM30 within 24 hours of arrival of the notified address on the TM6.

Udon Immigration will open again on Friday 16th, you can file then.

Open a bank account, deposit the required 400K.

When the funds have seasoned for the required 2 months, you can apply for the extension.

It is not a residency permit, it's a temporary extension of your 90 day permission of stay granted on entry, extended for 1 year based on marriage to a Thai.

You extend your permission of stay each year, for another year.

• Thanks 1