UK - HMRC TAX Rebate, payment method?

In the process of filling out the forms for a tax rebate from HRMC.

I will try and contact them beforehand but just in case any one knows. They appear to offer only check payment, direct to home address or to a proxy.

Maybe misread but is there a direct to my UK offshore account payment option? If not would they send the cheque to my UK offshore account?

If you don't know please don't  guess.

Thank you

Edited by Thailand

In case you are unlucky and actually receive a cheque as the rebate method direct from HMRC I had this experience a couple of years back and was able to arrange a cheque deposit via my UK bank app. This was Halifax and I believe other UK bank apps have this option. Quite a painless process with the cheque needing to be scanned. There is a value limit, possibly Stg500, but I was well within that at about Stg11.00!!

Good luck.

1 hour ago, dabhand said:

In case you are unlucky and actually receive a cheque as the rebate method direct from HMRC I had this experience a couple of years back and was able to arrange a cheque deposit via my UK bank app. This was Halifax and I believe other UK bank apps have this option. Quite a painless process with the cheque needing to be scanned. There is a value limit, possibly Stg500, but I was well within that at about Stg11.00!!

Good luck.

Thanks.

A couple of thousand I think.

I had a cheque refund payment due 4 years ago.  They said the cheque would be sent directly to my bank and I clearly informed them my bank was Lloyds International in the Isle of Man.  They sent the cheque to some Lloyds Bank payment centre in Birmingham if I recall correctly which was not related to my bank and could not/did not pay in the cheque.  After waiting several weeks for the payment I asked for a replacement cheque to be sent directly to me not my bank which they did after several more weeks went by.

I would not trust them to send a cheque to an offshore bank.  At least they failed when I tried.

38 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I had a cheque refund payment due 4 years ago.  They said the cheque would be sent directly to my bank and I clearly informed them my bank was Lloyds International in the Isle of Man.  They sent the cheque to some Lloyds Bank payment centre in Birmingham if I recall correctly which was not related to my bank and could not/did not pay in the cheque.  After waiting several weeks for the payment I asked for a replacement cheque to be sent directly to me not my bank which they did after several more weeks went by.

I would not trust them to send a cheque to an offshore bank.  At least they failed when I tried.

Oops, that is my bank also.

Sending a cheque to my here and then back to the IOM, seems nuts.

4 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Oops, that is my bank also.

Sending a cheque to my here and then back to the IOM, seems nuts.

I recall when I filled in the form I had (mis)understood that they would pay my bank directly by BACS, not send a cheque!  When I called them to chase it up they were rather dismissive saying they had agreements with all the banks for receipt of these cheques, they weren't really interested in the differentiation between Lloyds UK and Lloyds International.  Never did find out what happened to the original cheque.

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

I recall when I filled in the form I had (mis)understood that they would pay my bank directly by BACS, not send a cheque!  When I called them to chase it up they were rather dismissive saying they had agreements with all the banks for receipt of these cheques, they weren't really interested in the differentiation between Lloyds UK and Lloyds International.  Never did find out what happened to the original cheque.

Solved it. Send to my brother in the UK and he will bank it for me. Seems the safest bet based on  a couple of responses here.

14 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Solved it. Send to my brother in the UK and he will bank it for me. Seems the safest bet based on  a couple of responses here.

No big deal but he may end up having to mail it to IoM, I could not get my local Lloyds branch to do anything with my cheque when I finally got it in my hand.

• Like 1