Coach for relationship needed

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

As far as I can see BPD is just another way to describe normal female behaviour.

If you don't like it, or can't live with it, date men.

Every woman I ever met displayed all 9 signs, if I got to know her well enough.

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-disorders/borderline-personality-disorder.htm

• Fear of abandonment. 
  • Unstable relationships. ...
  • Unclear or shifting self-image. ...
  • Impulsive, self-destructive behaviors. ...
  • Self-harm. ...
  • Extreme emotional swings. ...
  • Chronic feelings of emptiness. ...
  • Explosive anger.
  • Feeling suspicious or out of touch with reality.

If you’re like me, it’s probably because we both are attracted to women in the “no go zone” and might fall in the same zone ourselves (in their minds)

E84C8038-BC38-44BF-A138-036A67D699AD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I take your point - I just feel a psychiatrist has the skills to do both if they are good at what they do. I personally feel a psychologists skills are a bit so so and most of us could do a similar job but I am sure there are good ones out there. I suppose they do have access to services and support in a way that a psychiatrist may not. 

It seem the problem with lots of psychologists (all over the world) is that these people study psychology because they have personal problems and want to solve them. Part of becoming a certified psychologist (at least in some countries) is that they must themselves go to psychotherapy to understand themselves better.

IMHO it seems many psychologist need a psychologist. But there are a few good ones. 

Edited by OneMoreFarang

On 4/7/2021 at 10:06 AM, Airalee said:

Is that “we” or it it you that wants to try a coach or a psychologist.  I tried it with my (now ex) girlfriend and basically had to bring her kicking and screaming.   I was told (in private) by the doctor that she wasn’t going to change and that I had to ask myself “is this what I really want”?  I tried to be positive about it and the relationship dragged on for another 2 years.   She also went to monks and fortune tellers on her own and constantly pleaded with me that we were soul mates and that she loved me.  Gaslighting in the extreme.  Finally had to let her go.  I could go on and on with all the unnecessary details but the bottom line is that I should have cut my losses long before I did.

At least you survived to talk about it.   ????

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 6:53 PM, Doctor Martin said:

my long term gf turns more and more into a psycho.

I believe there are elements of this embedded in the psyche of many Thai girls, and sooner or later it will show in one way or another.

I have friends who are going through the same "problems" that you are, so you are not isolated by any means, and nobody I know has yet been able to sort out these so-called "problems" within their relationship.

BPD or bipolar disorder would be, in my opinion, very common here amongst a lot of Thai women and I have seen it a few times, and putting up with such things is not in my make up, especially as something like this can go on for years, so I walk away, as life is too short to put up with this cr@p.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2021 at 3:47 PM, BritManToo said:

As far as I can see BPD is just another way to describe normal female behaviour.

If you don't like it, or can't live with it, date men.

Every woman I ever met displayed all 9 signs, if I got to know her well enough.

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-disorders/borderline-personality-disorder.htm

• Fear of abandonment. 
  • Unstable relationships. ...
  • Unclear or shifting self-image. ...
  • Impulsive, self-destructive behaviors. ...
  • Self-harm. ...
  • Extreme emotional swings. ...
  • Chronic feelings of emptiness. ...
  • Explosive anger.
  • Feeling suspicious or out of touch with reality.

They seem to have missed narcissism from their list. 

Wow you really know how to pick them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...