VIDEO: Incredible footage of monitor lizard trashing a 7-Eleven in Thailand

snoop1130

1 hour ago, tso310 said:

Quite clearly having difficulty in find something that hasn't got sugar.

Being a Type 2 diabetic, I had this problem (in Thailand), but now no problem here in Cambodia as there are plenty of sugar free foods and drinks on sale in supermarkets etc.

at least the photo demos how a Monitor/ Iguana by nature will climb 'anything' that makes like a tree...  

- years ago on the golf course we encountered one... and the first thing you agree on is to Not Run, but immediately hit the dirt/lay flat and cover face; if it comes for you (the nearest tree) otherwise you will star in a remake of 'FaceOff' 

21 minutes ago, tifino said:

at least the photo demos how a Monitor/ Iguana by nature will climb 'anything' that makes like a tree...  

- years ago on the golf course we encountered one... and the first thing you agree on is to Not Run, but immediately hit the dirt/lay flat and cover face; if it comes for you (the nearest tree) otherwise you will star in a remake of 'FaceOff' 

Really? I spotted one about the same size as the one in the video while exploring a forest on Hong Island. I followed it for several metres videoing it sauntering along the ground, probably only 3 metres or so behind him (or her, or they). I know the bacteria in their bite can cause a problem, but I don't think they're going to aggressively attack a human unless that human is stupid enough to try to man handle it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Really? I spotted one about the same size as the one in the video while exploring a forest on Hong Island. I followed it for several metres videoing it sauntering along the ground, probably only 3 metres or so behind him (or her, or they). I know the bacteria in their bite can cause a problem, but I don't think they're going to aggressively attack a human unless that human is stupid enough to try to man handle it. 

it's not about 'attacking' but the situation if it does get 'spooked' for (climbing) a tree is it's avenue for escape...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tifino said:

it's not about 'attacking' but the situation if it does get 'spooked' for (climbing) a tree is it's avenue for escape...

Actually I just re-watched the video footage I took of 'my' one. It was bigger than the one in the 7-Eleven, and I was definitely close enough to spook it. I should be more careful to be fair ????????

• Like 1