Thailand set to close all bars, pubs, massage parlours in 41 provinces for 14 days

webfact

30 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Not sure where it helped before? Seeing as we are no nearer normality? We are in exactly the same place as we were last April

You call it now nearer normallity ....?

Just we go find out now how it was in the European and other western travelling "high  holliday  needing area" ....,

Only hope is now is on the U.K euphoria vaccinated testing area ....let's hope that their vaccinating  campaing works , but this shall only after  3 weeks relaxing rules to be seen , if it worked in the U.K. to create needed hurde resistance to C19 ...and waiting on the variants of it ....

Edited by david555

Here at work they were planing for a bus trip at the end of the month, I told them that they were crazy because after Songkran, then Thailand will be back in lock down again... that was even before the **** hit the fan in Thong Lor and this latest wave started!

Songkran will go on. People already sick of being confined to small spaces. Rooms and tickets have been purchased and you can be throughly certain are 1000% non refundable.

I can see them halting aactivities. Probably should.

Never should have allowed pubs open after 8pm.

Where are the vaccines? That's the real question.

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 2:10 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Yea and Chiang Mai just announced 14 day quarantine for the red list provinces entering their borders, I think provinces now also need to add Chiang Mai to the list that need quarantine to enter. Its basically all a balls up and the country needs a complete lockdown. Its the only fix to get us back to normal.

The problem with complete lockdowns is people start getting violent when they are locked down.
Similar to what would happen in a prison when freedoms are taken away.

On 4/10/2021 at 8:41 PM, kynikoi said:

Songkran will go on. People already sick of being confined to small spaces. Rooms and tickets have been purchased and you can be throughly certain are 1000% non refundable.

I can see them halting aactivities. Probably should.

Never should have allowed pubs open after 8pm.

Where are the vaccines? That's the real question.

Hopefully ordered and on their way....but....Just suppose....allowing for some confidence "heard "...."herd" immunity ...say for a population wise.. @60%...starting June First ..A total of 100 Million doses in situ to be quickly administered to .50 million...respondents...(2 x doses each unless it was J and J) then with the best wish in the world ...to keep it simple..requires .1,000,000 Jabs carried out a Week...resulting in Mission Accomplished around ...June 2023....Then the tourists might return...but Recon...?....mai pen...

Edited by Rinrada

On 4/8/2021 at 1:25 PM, CLW said:

How do you define pub? Or is that the Thai translation for drinking parlour?

It's defined by the licence that is held, pubs have licences that allow the sale and consumption on the premises of alcohol.  Restaurants have licences that permit them to prepare, serve and allow the consumption of food on the premises. 

Along with the food aspect, restaurants are also permitted to serve alcohol for consumption on the premises.   That is why there are a number of places in Bangkok that, on the face of it, appear to fit into the "pub" category that should be closed at the moment but, because they have the proper restaurant licence,  they are open, serving alcohol and operating legally.

On 4/8/2021 at 1:34 PM, Snig27 said:

The question being asked everywhere on social media it seems, is which members of the highest strata of Thai society have the ability to travel freely without quarantine? Krystal pub is very much the haunt of these people.  We have cabinet ministers too refusing to disclose their movements in the last week or two.  

Quarantine is required for the ordinary man in the street to travel into or around Bangkok or other provinces to visit pubs/clubs?   Really?  Serious question.

Since when has anyone not affected by Covid been required to disclose their recent movements in Bangkok on demand?   Do you and I, for example, have to report our movements?

On 4/8/2021 at 2:06 PM, Guderian said:

I'm simply amazed that they're allowing the Songkran travel to go ahead. One report reckons that restrictions this Songkran will be ten times softer than they were last year, and yet the outbreak appears to be at least five times as bad now. Wrong way to go, Mr. P!

Travel around Thailand was not banned before Songkran so how would the authorities be able to identify and ban just those travelling for Songkran reasons?

On 4/9/2021 at 1:47 PM, Rinrada said:

Close..Saturday (10 April) Just picked this up......The Confirmation came via a tweet on Friday morning which said that entertainment venues in 41 provinces must Close from Saturday (10 April) and was also later confirmed by CCSA spokesperson Taweesilp Visanuyothin during the daily COVID-19 briefing. ....will however re0check..

Currently having a foot massage in downtown Bangkok as the pub doesn't open for breakfast till 9:30am.

Seems like business as usual to me.

In Pattaya I love seeing these guys sitting alone hiding behind the "temporarily closed" signs sucking down a beer thinking they are getting away with something.  Service girls way in the back of the bar. Seems odd to me why is it so important?  I guess it is their routine and habitual cannot stop?

Why is it that much of a problem now to follow the rules and buy some booze and drink in your room for a few weeks?

On 4/7/2021 at 7:57 PM, hlj said:

With the reported cases now in Chiang Mai, I do not understand why Chiang Mai is not on this list yet.

Post removed, seems ,like Chiang Mai has instituted lockdown procedures .........

Edited by TunnelRat69
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2021 at 9:42 AM, pedro01 said:

Currently having a foot massage in downtown Bangkok as the pub doesn't open for breakfast till 9:30am.

Seems like business as usual to me.

A foot massage, you just bragging ? ????????

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2021 at 5:17 PM, bkk6060 said:

In Pattaya I love seeing these guys sitting alone hiding behind the "temporarily closed" signs sucking down a beer thinking they are getting away with something.  Service girls way in the back of the bar. Seems odd to me why is it so important?  I guess it is their routine and habitual cannot stop?

Why is it that much of a problem now to follow the rules and buy some booze and drink in your room for a few weeks?

Because not all of us are limp wristed cucks that submit to tyranny. 

• Like 2