Chiang Rai - Nan - Loei

I want to look into house rentals somewhere in that swathe of the north - I gather it is beautiful country around there. I live outside Chiang Mai now; but towards the autumn/winter I may move, as I expect that I would get more for my money out there. A nice house will be my priority then.

A helpful Chiang Rai member gave me 3 websites for there; and CR is probably the best bet anyway. But can anyone give me any info on how to get an inkling of what's available in the other areas? I haven't turned up anything so far on the web.

Or perhaps someone living there has some practical advice about this. eg how prices, quality and availablity of housing would compare with Chiang Rai; and how bestg to go about looking.

In Chiang Rai I will be looking on the spot too. But would like to have an initial idea of the other places before making expeditions, and so as to make the best use of my time while there.

Would appreciate all comments.

Fraid I cant really be of much assistance, but could you mention what the 3 websites are for house rentals in Chiang Rai ?

Thanks

KB

I want to look into house rentals somewhere in that swathe of the north - I gather it is beautiful country around there. I live outside Chiang Mai now; but towards the autumn/winter I may move, as I expect that I would get more for my money out there. A nice house will be my priority then.

A helpful Chiang Rai member gave me 3 websites for there; and CR is probably the best bet anyway. But can anyone give me any info on how to get an inkling of what's available in the other areas? I haven't turned up anything so far on the web.

Or perhaps someone living there has some practical advice about this. eg how prices, quality and availablity of housing would compare with Chiang Rai; and how bestg to go about looking.

In Chiang Rai I will be looking on the spot too. But would like to have an initial idea of the other places before making expeditions, and so as to make the best use of my time while there.

Would appreciate all comments.

Thanks for the sites - I'm not sure if you have considered just travelling around and asking locally ?

I have considered this and have found out an awful lot. Havent rented yet, but it is great to see what the places are really like. If your not so good with thai, best to take someone who is and can be trusted...

Thanks for the sites - I'm not sure if you have considered just travelling around and asking locally ?

I have considered this and have found out an awful lot. Havent rented yet, but it is great to see what the places are really like. If your not so good with thai, best to take someone who is and can be trusted...

Yes, I will try that method.

Rentals are pretty much non-existent in Loei - unless you know a friend of a friend who could do it. I know that around Dan Sai you are looking at very basic, crowded accomodation - usually a single story townhouse.

Good luck anyway

It's discouraging to know that; but I'll keep it in mind so as not to waste too much time if I'm not turning up much. I gather you know Loei well, and wondering if you would recommend any guest houses, not-too-grand hotels/resorts usable as a base to explore/drive around Loei