CCSA Allows Private Hospitals to Buy 10 Million Doses of Covid-19 Vaccine

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

If they allowed private hospitals to import them months ago when they ordered them, instead the government forced those hospitals take down campaigns, you could have many HiSo already vaccinated so this outbreak could possibly be avoided altogether...

And if the government had done their primary job - of protecting its people - it would have ordered sufficient vaccines when available and be half way through a vaccination campaign by now.

Its 6 months away from that at least.

I wish Western governments would allow the vaccine companies to auction off 5% of their production privately.

The focus on the elderly and most vulnerable made a lot of sense but now that the most vulnerable have been vaccinated (apart from in the EU) I believe that there is a good argument for allowing some people to self-select according to their willingness to pay.

For example, if a 30 year old man knows that he is going to need to travel and wants to be fully-innoculated by the time vaccine passports are introduced, he should be able to express the extent of that need in the form of a higher bid. For example, he might want to get back to his life in Thailand and would be willing to pay £1000, whereas someone who just wants a vacation in Majorca might only be willing to pay a maximum of £300, or might even be willing to wait a few more weeks until the price drops to £200.

Other people might come into close contact with a lot of people in the course of their work but their job is not included on the list of frontline workers. It makes more sense to allow them to get it ahead of some guy the same age who is just sitting at home watching TV.

I believe that the vast majority of people will be happy to wait until it is available to them for free. If, however, someone's personal situation makes it important that they get it sooner, provide a path for them to pay for that. People are better at judging their own situation, and their specific level of need, than any broad system operated by the government

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Hopefully, these Hospital will not be procuring Sinovax

The leading Virologist guy in China has spoken out, and called Sinovax rubbish, saying it offers very little protection.

Correct!   He says (at best) it is only 50% effective.

They now plan to mix it with another vaccine (!??!)

All their cards were put on the AZ,  now that the virus is spreading and it isn't coming from the West or so call tourist the daily rate of infection now is most likely greater than the arrivals?

This option should have happened months ago regardless of the these hospital charging a arm and leg to get it!  This is a clear case of " government can't run anything "  Thailand it is lining it's self interest first instead of taking care of it people first!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Why is he showing 3 fingers?

3 Million Baht gift?

apparently, those 3 fingers are used by hard core monarchists. Each finger stands for monarchy, nation, religion. 

Seen here within the first 1 minut of this vide.

It's not widely used, I have just became aware of it and by chance.

So this minister might be associating himself with this movement. But caption under the picture doesn't mention details 

On 4/11/2021 at 12:21 PM, ikke1959 said:

Something I don't understand is that Thailand has given 600 million bath to Bio Science for produce Covid vaccins. Why do they have to buy another 70 million?? Maybe I missed something?

Never heard of Bio Science. BTW - who owns that? 

23 hours ago, internationalism said:

apparently, those 3 fingers are used by hard core monarchists. Each finger stands for monarchy, nation, religion. 

Seen here within the first 1 minut of this vide.

It's not widely used, I have just became aware of it and by chance.

So this minister might be associating himself with this movement. But caption under the picture doesn't mention details 

Wait one type of three finger salute is outlawed and another type using a thumb is not, I am so confused.  Am I on a playground where different groups are treated with different rules, don't answer that as it is a rhetorical question.  SO are only one set of private hospitals allowed to purchase or all they all allowed.  Again I am confused here, its been a flip flop for the last few months, ugh.

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So they can buy the vaccines now, but from who? Only this Government? or have they been given offers from the Pharmaceutical companies themselves. 

From the approved sources.  Sinovac, AZ and J&J.  J&J has said they won't be delivering here until the end of the year, at the earliest.  Moderna and Pfizer haven't even applied for approval.  Sucks.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, internationalism said:

from yesterdays bangkok post:

sputnik early june

moderna august

j&j october (that likely to have delay, production problems in the usa and suspected side effects - blood clots)

Sputnik hasn't even been approved yet, nor has Moderna.  I read J&J will be here around the end of the year.  If we're lucky.

Re read that article.  It says end of year, maybe.

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Sputnik hasn't even been approved yet, nor has Moderna.  I read J&J will be here around the end of the year.  If we're lucky.

Employee from GPO: "end of this year"

Asked why everywhere it's written June: "it makes people happy"

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

no, to quote " the first shipment is expected around October and will be sold to private hospitals."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, internationalism said:

no, to quote " the first shipment is expected around October and will be sold to private hospitals."

I've read in other articles, that the only jabs that will be available this year are the ones currently approved.  Moderna and Pfizer haven't even applied to the FDA for approval.  Nor has Suptnik. 

Who knows.  But if they say October, I'm guessing next year.

It's tough trying to plan what to do with you can't get solid information!

My friend has a flight with EVA.  They're saying he needs a jab.  Called the big hospital here and they said he could get on the list for 15k.  When asked what jab, they couldn't say.  When asked when it would be available, they said hopefully in June.  But it would be either AZ or Sinovac.

On 4/11/2021 at 4:24 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

The fact they weren't ordering enough vaccines has been apparent since day one and now it's too late. 

The reason: they were too busy trying to engineer a way to make profit for a certain group of people and use the vaccine as a narrative to continue a personality cult well into the future.

Out of greed or out of deference and probably a bit of both but again, this is what happens when you do not have a meritorious system that rewards competence and performance but is built on bullying, standover men, lickspittal lackeys and deference to those older or perceived as being 'higher-up' or simply paying for promotions or positions.

Absirfikinlutely!!!! succinctly put sir couldn't agree more....

41 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Can i ask why my last post disapeared?

we are not allowed to talk about Siam bioscience?

Your last post has not "disapeared":

On 4/11/2021 at 5:56 PM, kingofthemountain said:

Of course no any details were given on the origin of these vaccines

nor on the schedule of the deliveries, and as usual nobody has taken the opportunity to ask this important question.

As far in 2 months Thailand has managed to buy and receive 800 000 dose of sinovac from China

Now at a moment where each country in the whole world is fighting to buy more doses and with the production already overwhelmed, i don't see Thailand, being late at ''the party'' , able to buy 70 miilions doses in a next future, it sounds again like more hot air and <deleted>