Finally some good news: Thailand tipped to ease 90 day reporting for foreigners

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, Totster said:

You're right of course, I don't have any problem with how you spend your money.

However, it's a bit vulgar bragging about money and property, especially when the reality is that you don't really own most of the assets you claim to have.

So I stand by my original label, but I also respect your right to spend your money how you wish, however frivolous.

totster ????

Not bragging about it, just reflecting on the 20 years of investment an what it HAS NOT DONE FOR ME!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Totster said:

Well, that kind of makes my point doesn't it?

totster ????

Play on words.

No matter how much the good general (as well as previous and post IO's) will try to screw we Farang the brick wall will still be there.

You want to bring in 200K per month?

GOOD LUCK TO YA! Me? Still have TM 30 and TM 47 to contend with.

2 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

One million new retirees ????! LMAO!

Yep and perhaps Chayotid Kridakorn will check that these wealthy retirees are spending their money suitably by inviting them to the Krystal Club one evening ????????

• Haha 1

OK, yes I hear what you are saying. I'm <deleted> at the attitude of a brain dead general trying to generate economical solutions he has know idea how to resolve!

Isn't this what started this?

10 minutes ago, bdenner said:

OK, yes I hear what you are saying. I'm <deleted> at the attitude of a brain dead general trying to generate economical solutions he has know idea how to resolve!

Isn't this what started this?

I think I know what you are saying.

And yes, this is the mentality here, you know this.  It won't change, but at least we have something ridiculous to read each day.

totster ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The government says that if it can attract one million retirees each spending 100,000 baht per month or 1.2million baht per year, that would generate 1.2 trillion baht per year for the economy.

There is the new figures for a retirement visa, right there in print, in a Government announcement.

I will bet my 50k a month retirement income on it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Whale said:

Wow such a bold and daring move. What a crock.

Correct, it's either stays at under 50% or it's full ownership, anything else is useless or <deleted>

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.
  • Like 1

Another good idea to get more retirees. Like myself and most of the members on this forum. They cleverly got all you blokes already.

Also a good plan to target those who will spend over 200,000 baht per month. You need that or more to have a reasonably high standard of living here. If people have a high standard of living they enjoy life more and are less likely to walk around with a chip on their shoulder causing issues in immigration offices etc. 

I can’t say the 90 day report is much of a problem. Takes me about 5 minutes every 90 days to do it online. Too easy. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, Peterw42 said:

Who in the known universe has a retirement income of 200.000-300,000 a month.

I laughed when I first read it, then an actual tear came to my eye.

I would be living in a villa in the south of France if i had that income.

With me as a neighbour.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to Bloomberg, the government has set up a task force in order to help make it easier for long term tourists and expats to stay in Thailand.

Maybe my grandkids will be able to witness this.. after I have kids of my own first.. ????

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

200,000 to 300,000 baht or more to have a reasonably high standard of living here....lol, I rarely spend anywhere near 100,000 baht which includes private health cover, oh and that's for 6 of us, and we aren't walking around with chips on our shoulders, nor causing issues in immigration offices as you are referring.

You have missed the point altogether.

80,000 divided by 6= 13,300 per person 
Less than I pay my house cleaner.

Divided by 30 days = 444 baht per day. Less than $20AUD

It is possible, some uneducated, unskilled Thais on the minimum 300 baht per day somehow cope. They struggle though.

I couldn’t do it. If I had to live on $20 per day I would just return to Australia and get a job.

The point is they are not trying to attract low budget retirees as they openly admit. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

retirees each spending 100,000 baht per month or 1.2million baht per year,

90 Day reports. What they really want to do is make each retiree bring their receipts for each month and prove that they have spent their 100,000 baht for each month. If not you can pay up on your way out.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The types of foreign retirees targeted will be those who have a healthy pension pot, with the ability to spend 200,000 - 300,000 baht per month. 

Hmm, and what to call it. ???? I know, the Elite Visa!

6 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It is proposed that foreigners will be allowed to purchase and own outright a house located on a development valued from 10 million baht

Which coincidentally is the base price level at which property tax is levied on private residences in Thailand. 

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

80,000 divided by 6= 13,300 per person 
Less than I pay my house cleaner.

Must be one really great cleaner! But its nice if have "extra" BTH to throw in the wind!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Haha 1