Finally some good news: Thailand tipped to ease 90 day reporting for foreigners

snoop1130

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In order to do this, it is proposed that foreigners will be allowed to purchase and own outright a house located on a development valued from 10 million baht, with a land size of not more than 1 Rai.

Well I might be interested in that at some point in the future so long as the land and building is not massively overpriced.

I won't be holding my breath though....

• Like 2

Just now, Ralf001 said:

Can't mail it in or use the online service ?

Khonkaen have refused to accept postal 90 days from me, online i have tried it 4 times over the past few years, but have always been told, contact your immigration office.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Khonkaen have refused to accept postal 90 days from me, online i have tried it 4 times over the past few years, but have always been told, contact your immigration office.

Ok, so there is an improvement they should look into.

10 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Who in the known universe has a retirement income of 200.000-300,000 a month.

I laughed when I first read it, then an actual tear came to my eye.

I would be living in a villa in the south of France if i had that income.

Lots of people I know make that kind of money.  You can live like a king here on that, but not in the South of France.

• Like 2

More <deleted> if I had that type of monthly income I can guarantee that Thailand would definitely not be my first preference to live I cannot visualise anyone who has a 200 to 300 K monthly income settling down on a permanent basis in the Kingdom in the meantime those of us who have lived here for many years supporting the local economy will be ignored .

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.
  • Like 2

Whole lotta nothing. This place is just so full of BS.

Good ideas = nothing happens. Change = for the worse.

Easier = sillier & more difficult. Schemes, scams, stupidity, greed & BS = Thailand. 

Sad but true. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The government says that if...". If, in these parts is related to, "maybe, we hope, perhaps, we quess, we wish, we are high and had this vision that millions of fools will shower us with trillions of baht".

• Like 1

"in order to do this, it is proposed that foreigners will be allowed to purchase and own outright a house located on a development valued from 10 million baht, with a land size of not more than 1 Rai"

besides the 100k p m and review of 90 d report this could be a good initiative if only there would be nó minimum value of 10 million and max 1 rai!

they think just like banks, the biggest profit on the smallest risc...

100k p m is also a challenge, who spends this month after month year in year out?

8 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

i could name 30 countries where you better off with this kind of money. Bloomberg publishes this list every year

Can you share a link to it?  For many, visas are a big issue with other countries.  The process here isn't great, but not terrible either for getting a proper visa. If over 50.

• Like 2