7 Dangerous Days: Day 3 - 54 killed, 373 people injured on Thailand’s roads

Jonathan Fairfield

19 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm not wishing to detract from your point.

As an aside I've watched quite a few UK police traffic accident investigation documentaries.

I noticed they now use the term RTC (Road Traffic Collision), changed from RTA (Road Traffic Accident).

One officer explained that from an investigators point of view there is no such word as 'accident' - it gives the impression something was unavoidable.
The cause can always be pinpointed - whether driver error, mechanical failure, unmaintained road surface, etc.

In that case you need to delete the word "accident" from the English vocabulary because every action has a definite cause and could have been avoidable, given choices. Maybe "non-intentional" is more appropriate, at least in a legal sense and context.

1 hour ago, Happyman567 said:

I have just decided to hand my Thai drivers license back after meeting that idiot at the U turn He nearly smashed into me because he thought he had right-away. No more because sooner or later my luck will run out I was taught when i got my license back home when making a U turn you must give way to all traffic What the hell were they taught here? Yes sometimes when there is a lot of traffic i do stop and let the U turn drivers through Its called being road polite

They are not taught 

• Thanks 1

"On average between 50 and 60 people are killed on Thailand’s roads each day" Now THAT is darn close to the TOTAL fatalities of Covid in Thailand in the past 1.5 years!!!! In ONE DAY!!!! What's wrong with this picture???

4 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

whats the real no.enough of the lies.people dying after being mashed not on the scene but days or weeks later arnt counted.why?this perpetual need to lie what it all about?at the same time we have the withering lunacy of covid deaths.miniscule in comparison to this self inflicted cretinism.

The truth hurts but the real truth really hurts.

8 minutes ago, David T Pike said:

"On average between 50 and 60 people are killed on Thailand’s roads each day" Now THAT is darn close to the TOTAL fatalities of Covid in Thailand in the past 1.5 years!!!! In ONE DAY!!!! What's wrong with this picture???

So what is your point ?

6 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

how can you have "speeding" if smarty pants increased speed limit to 120?

Still possible Before they were doing 120/130+ when the Limit was 100Kph 

Now they can do 140/150+ with the Limit being 120Kph . 

Who's going to Police All the Speeders and Other Road rule breakers. 

7 Dangerous Days: Day 3 - 54 killed, 373 people injured on Thailand’s roads. 

Isn't it Funny they call this the 7 Dangerous days, As I understood from all the Killings and Maiming on the roads  it Is   365   Dangerous Days  every year.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Or put another way, absolutely no reduction in daily deaths following huge police effort involving thousands of officers, hours of planning, man-hours and overtime. 

while sitting in tents, playing with their phones.

Passed 4 today, in each direction, 1 tent was completely empty apart from a First Aid Kit and 4 traffic cones in the middle of the road, the other 3 were manned but paying no attention to anything.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, David T Pike said:

Control.

They can control the population with the threat of COVID, they have no control over road users (some road users don't even have control over themselves, let alone the vehicle they are operating).

1 minute ago, foreverlomsak said:

Control.

They can control the population with the threat of COVID, they have no control over road users (some road users don't even have control over themselves, let alone the vehicle they are operating).

....and road deaths are not contagious...?

1 minute ago, trainman34014 said:

Covid or no Covid the Carnage continues; best thing to do is go back to Bicycles and Ox Carts !

I hope I don't get shafted on my bicycle by a runaway Ox Cart. There's bound to be someone driving under the affluence of ilcohol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I hope I don't get shafted on my bicycle by a runaway Ox Cart. There's bound to be someone driving under the affluence of ilcohol.

But the ox may be smart enough not to run into things 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mike k said:
4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

But the ox may be smart enough not to run into things 

A 'smart-ox' I can see a bright future!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Control.

and you think they have more control with peoples actions during covid and not on the road??? ????

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:
16 hours ago, bluesofa said:

A 'smart-ox' I can see a bright future!

Does it come with a WiFi connection and charging point, or are they optional extras?

I think there's an option for a 'data dump'.

• Haha 1