Govt not considering nationwide lockdown - provincial lockdown more likely

webfact

750x422_932393_1618367221.jpg

Picture: Bangkok Biz News

There are no plans to implement a nationwide lockdown in order to tackle the latest wave of COVID-19 infections in Thailand, officials have said.

On Tuesday, Dr Opas Karnkawinpong head of Thailand’s Department of Disease Control (DDC) said that there were no plans to enforce a nationwide lockdown.

However, further restrictions, including the lockdown of provinces with high numbers of confirmed cases is being considered by the government.

On Wednesday, National Security Council General Natthaphon Nakaphanich reiterated that the government has been discussing possibly imposing provincial lockdown measures, namely in Bangkok and the surrounding areas, Chiang Mai and Prachuap Khiri Khan.

According to Bangkok Biz News, officials are reluctant to impose a national lockdown in order to avert adversely affecting people in areas where the outbreak is not so severe.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-14

• Sad 2

35 minutes ago, keith101 said:

By allowing untested asymptomatic people to travel the country during Songkran the spread is going to be large and nationwide but only IMO .

Doesn't look like many came to Pattaya.Just been down to Wongamat beach, the hotels usually buzzing at weekends/holiday times are very quiet.

4 minutes ago, Excel said:

With a guy looking like that then it hardly gives the impression of sincerity. Not his fault but surely they could pick someone who didn't look like an undead extra from "The walking dead"

Looks like a relative of the three stooges,curlys brother.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Doesn't look like many came to Pattaya.Just been down to Wongamat beach, the hotels usually buzzing at weekends/holiday times are very quiet.

It's buzzing down here in Jomtien/NaJomtien.  Lots of people yesterday out and about.

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

last year a few cases and the whole country lock down. Now a lot of cases and no problem, dear people... do as you please but wear a mask, don't drink alcohol in a bar, keep distance and get a jab later this year. Happiness to the country 

Yes, we've learned the virus has a 98-99% survival rate, isn't spread by surfaces, and that masks and physical distancing are the best way to contain it...not knee-jerk lockdowns.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Bangkok Biz News, officials are reluctant to impose a national lockdown in order to avert adversely affecting people in areas where the outbreak is not so severe.

When is this Covid thing going to register with this Government.

Everybody is affected by this, and Zoned Lockdowns are only delaying the outcome.

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

When is this Covid thing going to register with this Government.

Everybody is affected by this, and Zoned Lockdowns are only delaying the outcome.

The outcome was quite satisfactory until the recent Cluster<deleted>

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

last year a few cases and the whole country lock down. Now a lot of cases and no problem, dear people... do as you please but wear a mask, don't drink alcohol in a bar, keep distance and get a jab later this year. Happiness to the country 

this year?

15 minutes ago, internationalism said:

preparations in 4 provinces named by prayuth for a potential lockdown, as soon as 16.4.

sweet...... i got a few days to get my 10,000 friends and go to another place.....

SMH..........   I flunked kindergarten.....but i think a lockdown would work better if there wasn't advance notice....

4 hours ago, webfact said:

However, further restrictions, including the lockdown of provinces with high numbers of confirmed cases is being considered by the government.

A tad late after the mass exodus of Songkran.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

sweet...... i got a few days to get my 10,000 friends and go to another place.....

SMH..........   I flunked kindergarten.....but i think a lockdown would work better if there wasn't advance notice....

You mean like a military coup, which they said wasn't going to happen.

Now they are politicians, since when have politicians done anything without a song and dance beforehand.

• Like 2

Just now, ParkerN said:

Getting easier as the hair becomes sparser? Reminds me of me... When I think how important hair seemed to be when I was younger...

and now, the quoting seems to be better. Which rather begs the question -  if it was that easy to fix, why was it not fixed sooner? Been a mess for months on my browser. In amongst all the other 'idiosyncrasies'.

1 minute ago, ParkerN said:

and now, the quoting seems to be better. Which rather begs the question -  if it was that easy to fix, why was it not fixed sooner? Been a mess for months on my browser. In amongst all the other 'idiosyncrasies'.

Your browser has survived it's dose of Digital COVID, and is on the way to full recovery.

Just now, foreverlomsak said:

Your browser has survived it's dose of Digital COVID, and is on the way to full recovery.

LOL. I suppose so, yes. Mind you, life would have been less complicated if the forum had been properly managed in the first place.

Still, it's possible that Thai-ism is catching...

I wonder if there's a 5% effective vaccine for that? Probably in China...