People who knowingly spread COVID-19 face legal action, health officials warn

webfact

9 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

at the arrival province she didn’t break the law. They are working out what law she broke on departure.

at least that’s how I read it

So there is a different law for the arrival?  If she didn't notify and got back on the flight the next day would there be a law broken then?

I guess this same thinking is why you got one immigration law but it is applied differently in each office?????

She had knowledge, she had intend by boarding an public aircraft she is guilty or just plain stupid or indifferent to other people which we kindly say she is selfish. I guess she felt she just had to get home or to that destination at all cost to others?

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Accordling to them there is? otherwise why the story?????  Just like Aids you have it and knowing go bareback it is like a weapon?????

"........a communicable disease control officer in such area shall have the power to carry out, or issue a written order instructing any person to carry out the following.......isolation.....and so on.

I can't see anything that places a legal requirement on someone to immediately isolate of their own volition .

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Government workers won't be isolating, they will be working from home for 14 days in accordance to the PM's wishes.

And getting paid into the bargain as well.

Edited by billd766
Bad spelling
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

"........a communicable disease control officer in such area shall have the power to carry out, or issue a written order instructing any person to carry out the following.......isolation.....and so on.

I can't see anything that places a legal requirement on someone to immediately isolate of their own volition .

You are a bit off topic?  stick to the article!  Maybe not a law but a " Order" as noted in the article reason for the article and warning this is the same for the pub owner the managers for the Krystal club. There is an order for Covid-19 to wear mask, social distant, every person by now it has been over a year knows what the basic rules yet for the share goal of making money disregard the rules. Although critical thinking isn't taught in Thai schools ( to us in the west common sense )  she knew the day before tested positive yet she boards a plane says nothing until arrival I'm just glad I wasn't sitting next to her it also doesn't help you are required to have a negative test within 72 hours to board a flight yet she got on sat down and had to report it herself.  End of story for me anything I guess we have to end to agree to disagree!????

Not sure an " order " has the same strength as legally?  But for a foreigner you need to jump through hoops even buy insurance, 14 day quarantine, less if you got the vaccine ( not legally ) but required ordered prior to arriving in Thailand. This isn't a case she should have voluntary when the positive test came in she should have been nabbed then!  If she was a Farang 100% she would have been and then charge 3 times the cost even force into a ICU room! ????

How I read it lots of people dropped the ball on her journey I give her some credit or maybe guilt took over that she reported it on arrival?  If not she would still be out and about?

Edited by thailand49

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

You are a bit off topic?  stick to the article!  Maybe not a law but a " Order" as noted in the article reason for the article and warning this is the same for the pub owner the managers for the Krystal club. There is an order for Covid-19 to wear mask, social distant, every person by now it has been over a year knows what the basic rules yet for the share goal of making money disregard the rules. Although critical thinking isn't taught in Thai schools ( to us in the west common sense )  she knew the day before tested positive yet she boards a plane says nothing until arrival I'm just glad I wasn't sitting next to her it also doesn't help you are required to have a negative test within 72 hours to board a flight yet she got on sat down and had to report it herself.  End of story for me anything I guess we have to end to agree to disagree!????

Not sure an " order " has the same strength as legally?  But for a foreigner you need to jump through hoops even buy insurance, 14 day quarantine, less if you got the vaccine ( not legally ) but required ordered prior to arriving in Thailand. This isn't a case she should have voluntary when the positive test came in she should have been nabbed then!  If she was a Farang 100% she would have been and then charge 3 times the cost even force into a ICU room! ????

I fail to see how this is off topic.......and I am not aware of any disagreement between us that requires either to agree to disagree......I haven't knowingly disagreed with anything you have posted......I was interested in the legal aspects of having to self-quarantine (Typhoid Mary) and whether this was a genuine requirement in law here in Thailand.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

I fail to see how this is off topic.......and I am not aware of any disagreement between us that requires either to agree to disagree......I haven't knowingly disagreed with anything you have posted......I was interested in the legal aspects of having to self-quarantine (Typhoid Mary) and whether this was a genuine requirement in law here in Thailand.......

I guess I'm just reading things incorrectly but as I noted is it really a law, guess you need to ask yourself if a " mandate " " requirement "  consider a law in this country?  I guess when it comes to self-quarantine here they can't even catch a red light runner or speeder how are they going to enforce or even check self-quarantine unless they place an ankle monitor on everyone. 

A thought if the government decided today any tourist arriving can " self quarantine "  knowing the fact they couldn't catch a flea the airport would be packed right now?  Thailand with all its laws etc. the enforcement is based on the Honor system and we know that isn't going to work!  If they check the rooms you wouldn't find a thing but you look down at the bars now you talking!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Government workers won't be isolating, they will be working from home for 14 days in accordance to the PM's wishes.

I think that is a precis form of " they will be staying at home,and idling away their time, secure in the knowledge that unlike most people they will be still receiving a full salary, probably enhanced in due course by a generous bonus for their efforts to combat the pandemic".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I guess I'm just reading things incorrectly but as I noted is it really a law, guess you need to ask yourself if a " mandate " " requirement "  consider a law in this country?  I guess when it comes to self-quarantine here they can't even catch a red light runner or speeder how are they going to enforce or even check self-quarantine unless they place an ankle monitor on everyone. 

A thought if the government decided today any tourist arriving can " self quarantine "  knowing the fact they couldn't catch a flea the airport would be packed right now?  Thailand with all its laws etc. the enforcement is based on the Honor system and we know that isn't going to work!  If they check the rooms you wouldn't find a thing but you look down at the bars now you talking!

Seems like an opportunity here for BMW to convert the illegal immigrant scanning cars to isolation infraction scanner cars! At least until overstayers become a national crisis again

• Haha 1

Sung to the tune “ it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas “  

???????? ... It’s beginning to feel a lot like China ..........every where you go........????????????........

❤️????????????

• Like 1

all this and anyone you know and ask who in your family has for sure has died from covid 19, ask the thousands of footballers who amongst them has it and has given it to someone else, who has died from it, can someone answer that truthly ? or at all, are the footballers human? or are they robots? how are they disposing of the dead that they think died from covid? it is said animals no can not say not have names of the people that are saying such things, but has been quoted on tv so that means it is true?

• Sad 1

On 4/15/2021 at 3:33 PM, rupert the bear said:

the whole f the govt lock em up,most writers here said this madness will only cause more deaths,knowingly and willingly spreading the virus by allowing millions to travel from red areas to the provinces at songkran.congrats half wits and now its double down town...

It’s logical to presume this was intentional in order to create the current situation and to stop anti establishment protests.

7 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

It’s logical to presume this was intentional in order to create the current situation and to stop anti establishment protests.

logic-been here long,travelled much?im not sure the level of corruption stupidity face and incompetence are unrivalled,even africa countries are doing better we have the richest people in the world here well sometimes,its stunning the level of stupidity at most levels here,the inability to make a decision or do anything