Thailand reports 1,543 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

REUTERS15.jpg

REUTERS FILE PHOTO for reference only

Thailand reported 1,543 new COVID-19 infections on Thursday, continuing the recent trend of a record number of new cases reported in a single day.

Of the new cases, 1,540 were local transmissions, while 3 were imported from people entering quarantine. 

To date, most new cases have been reported in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chonburi, Samut Prakan, Narathiwat and Prachuap Khiri Khan

8,973 people remain in hospital receiving treatment.

Thursday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 37,453 with 97 deaths. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-15

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

"Thailand recorded 1,543 new Covid cases today, the highest number since the virus outbreak began early last year."

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/4174076765949039

5-15-21a.jpg.f78732135d22a3fcb940363934d8edb2.jpg

The domestic cases number above basically means self-reported/referred local cases. The active cases search number is those who showed positive for COVID from government outreach testing. The 3 returnees number is COVID cases detected from international travelers in quarantine.

Screenshot_3.jpg.4047f882c5c5e2736e2a484aa7c223a8.jpg

5-15-21d.jpg.a920d86dc36f34e5068d68779bdc6f79.jpg

"Of the 1,540 local cases that were found in the past 24 hours, 409 were found in Bangkok alone, followed by Chiang Mai (278), Prachuap Khiri Khan (98) and Chonburi (98)."

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiEnquirer/posts/300544948099712

• Like 1

1619282328_Screenshot2021-04-15at08_03_35.png.f3dc567057a4a055e514a6ec8d9cf31d.png

That "active case search" is ridiculous to report in diffent number! Like they want say "we do something"

! Ofcource its normal to watch if people close to infected one are infected also!!!!

Thainland is only coundry to report that number!

Edited by 2 is 1

4 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

Anyone scared should leave Thailand immediately. ????

i'll be scared when the Brazil strain comes, killing those of all ages and without health issues

Edited by cyril sneer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Thai Government and the Europeans have all been the same, REACTIVE, the UK was proactive after a while got the vaccine even before it was cleared to be used, and now look there people are going back shopping and in the pubs, but will it last.

After Songkhran it will get worse, a huge rollout of vaccinations is required soonest, and the Government need to clamp down like in France with curfews.

• Haha 1

Very few new vaccinations for the latest day during the Song Kran holiday. Total doses administered since the beginning, along with first dose and second dose subtotals, not much different from yesterday:

5-15-21c.thumb.jpg.8f6a647da95aeed637ab274375effe81.jpg

Numbers of new first and second shot doses added for the most recent day:

5-15-21c1.jpg.80e0835d6f5a6a704c7bb2ac0474cea7.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Regarding the 1 million new doses of the Chinese Sinovac vaccine that just arrived to Thailand in recent days, the government announced that it plans to allocate the majority of those toward ensuring that all public and private sector medical staff are fully vaccinated during the coming month.

• Sad 1

Last night, the major Thai retailers announced that department stores and malls starting today would have a 9 p.m. closing time daily because of the COVID outbreak.

Today, it was announced that bank branches nationwide also will implement earlier closing times, and some branches in so-called "high risk areas" will be closed temporarily for the time being:

Banks at high-risk areas to be closed temporarily: Thai Bankers Association

"To maintain continuous banking services as well as reduce the risk of spreading Covid-19, the Thai Bankers Association has released the following guidelines:

• Bank branches at high-risk areas will be closed temporarily, though customers can still use ATMs as well electronic and online channels. Information on closed branches will be available on the bank’s website.

• The closing time of bank branches nationwide will be adjusted from Friday onwards:

o Branches in department stores or those that are opened for service every day must close by 5pm.

o Other branches to close no later than 3.30pm."

(more)

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30404921

AND

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

No I am not happy about seeing the forest through the trees like I could due to a true lack of clarity and transparency and testing that should have been happening by this government, and that many others could also see through.  Glad it keeps you happy that the views of others you deemed nonsensical and inane were actually spot on.  Actually I am pretty saddened to see the house of cards falling just like a Jenga game.  Stay safe folks, 

This was always a possibility but the Government can never plan for the unexpected and have alternate plans in place that can be gone to when the unexpected occurs. 

Fully agree, except with the last paragraph. Planning for the unexpected and creating alternative plans is exactly what governments all over the world are elected for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Fully agree, except with the last paragraph. Planning for the unexpected and creating alternative plans is exactly what governments all over the world are elected for.

Do you believe this government was elected and expects the unexpected? just a question.  I don't believe they ever have contingent plans, and no long range planning in place to assist when the feces hits the fan.  TAT is one example of someone who makes long range plans and yet they are always out to lunch.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ETatBKK said:

Thailand reported 1,543 new COVID-19 infections on Thursday

this is really alarming, hope everyone hears this and understands it ! but what action next ?

8,973 people remain in hospital receiving treatment

this is very worrying ????

Apr 01, hospitalised 1,247

Apr 15, hospitalised 8,973

It is worrying, but not as worrying as you might think as in Thailand everyone with positive test-results are hospitalized. This is also so even if you have mild or no symptoms. I am pretty sure the majority falls into that category.

What I really like to know is how many tests they have done and the positive ratio from those. I fear the numbers of tests done are limited and the positive ratio be high.

WB

18 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

It is worrying, but not as worrying as you might think as in Thailand everyone with positive test-results are hospitalized. This is also so even if you have mild or no symptoms. I am pretty sure the majority falls into that category.

What I really like to know is how many tests they have done and the positive ratio from those. I fear the numbers of tests done are limited and the positive ratio be high.

WB

For the 7 day period 29 March - 4 April the positivity rate was 0.7%.

However that is overall, inclusive of tests done on travellers in quarantine.  I think rate would be much higher in some subsets of people tested/locations.

They have nto updated lab data online since 4 April and of course that is when the big surge in cases occurred. I expect we'll see an update next week after the holidays end.