Teaching English

Must first have a minimum of Bachelor degree in any subject

Start looking for a school in person at the end of April. Get out on foot

School hires you they will take care of Non B and work permit

If they don't, leave and find another school. Ask first

DO NOT WORK ILLEGALLY, IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS DON'T TEACH

• Like 1

For me it was easy. I went to the local government school and volunteered. They welcomed me with open arms. after one year I quit. the next year they begged me to come back and offered to pay me. Not exactly what I would call a living wage but it was something. About 20,000 baht per month.

2 hours ago, Kurtf said:

For me it was easy. I went to the local government school and volunteered. They welcomed me with open arms. after one year I quit. the next year they begged me to come back and offered to pay me. Not exactly what I would call a living wage but it was something. About 20,000 baht per month.

Recent graduates don't want to work for nothing.

3 hours ago, Kurtf said:

Did you have a work permit or have you been working illegally? Most people don't want to risk getting deported.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 12:32 PM, jackdd said:

Did you have a work permit or have you been working illegally? Most people don't want to risk getting deported.

The first year I and my wife taught at a HS we didn't have a work permit. Then we volunteered to teach at the local Tessaban. Again no work permit. Then we taught at a different grammar school. For that year I had a work permit. Then I was asked to work for a one month period at the Tessaban again and again with no work permit.

I feel as long as the officials at the school are asking , no permit would be needed. I might be wrong but I sincerely doubt that since I am doing them a favor they are going to deport me.

49 minutes ago, Kurtf said:

The first year I and my wife taught at a HS we didn't have a work permit. Then we volunteered to teach at the local Tessaban. Again no work permit. Then we taught at a different grammar school. For that year I had a work permit. Then I was asked to work for a one month period at the Tessaban again and again with no work permit.

I feel as long as the officials at the school are asking , no permit would be needed. I might be wrong but I sincerely doubt that since I am doing them a favor they are going to deport me.

They'll give you up in a heartbeat. They'll claim you tricked them ..trust me.

• Like 1