Thailand reports 1,582 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

Thai health officials given 1 month to flatten 3rd wave of Covid

Thailand has sufficient hospital beds and medical equipment to handle the surge in Covid-19 cases, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul announced on Friday.

He said health officials have set a deadline of one month to control Thailand’s third wave of infections, which apparently spread from upscale nightclubs in Bangkok.

Anutin said the number of new cases would fall quickly now that the government has imposed strict measures including closure orders for entertainment venues.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30404968

An interesting news video I came across that explains how the Thai medical system classifies different kinds of COVID patients based on their level of symptoms, and what drugs they're using (influenza drug Favipiravir and HIV drug Ritonavir) in different cases:

04-16-21u.jpg.cc9b731b33403c3eb445aabda7ac2b56.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/videos/172983280928493/

Even a bit of in-room dancing if they're feeling OK:

Screenshot_5.jpg.bac0ce102fa7f8f2128cc472297a56b2.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Petey11 said:

I think you need to read up on how exponential growth in viruses works, it's the doubling rate, be it 1 day, 4 days etc. Thailand seems to be in a 4-5 day rate. Even if it a seven day doubling, just do the maths and see how it adds up over a month. Covid is still producing a R1 of above one that means it's still spreading.

That's why sensible and practical steps are recommended and necessary to slow down the spread, which they do. Otherwise cases would have already grown exponentially and overwhelmed the country.

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thai health officials given 1 month to flatten 3rd wave of Covid

Thailand has sufficient hospital beds and medical equipment to handle the surge in Covid-19 cases, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul announced on Friday.

He said health officials have set a deadline of one month to control Thailand’s third wave of infections, which apparently spread from upscale nightclubs in Bangkok.

Anutin said the number of new cases would fall quickly now that the government has imposed strict measures including closure orders for entertainment venues.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30404968

Said cases would fall quickly. Sounds like he already knows what the future numbers are going to be. Think I read that the governor of Bangkok said similar that cases would remain at 483 daily at the present time. Maybe they're letting slip their preplanned infection rates.

3 minutes ago, grizzlybear said:

Thailand fortunately seems to have a low death rate. I wonder why that is? 

Great initial efforts at keeping the virus away.  The more infections, the more deaths.  Plus, could be, a younger population?  Warmer weather?  These have been discussed as possible factors.  Not to mention under reporting. LOL

17 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Great initial efforts at keeping the virus away.  The more infections, the more deaths.  Plus, could be, a younger population?  Warmer weather?  These have been discussed as possible factors.  Not to mention under reporting. LOL

Right. But there weren't long lockdowns in Thailand like they've had in the west, and it certainly looks like the west has been much more strict about this.

Maybe the West is over reporting? Death rates seem to vary a lot.

-XaRPeId_bigger.jpg

Chonburi Public Health Office has just just announced that they have 155 new cases today which is the biggest rise since this wave started. The total for this month is now 1,065. Most new cases in Bang Lamung (83) and Chonburi City (32) #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

Edited by anchadian
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Daily vaccinations have slowed significantly over the Song Kran holidays.

Wait for the explosion of cases AFTER  the Song Kran incubation period is over and all the carriers resume their daily lives.

Oh wow I took 2 weeks off the internet and see that things seems to be getting out of control, quite suddenly, in Thailand.  I do hope that things work out and they can get it under control.  

It makes me very worried for all people of Thailand.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Oh wow I took 2 weeks off the internet and see that things seems to be getting out of control, quite suddenly, in Thailand.  I do hope that things work out and they can get it under control.  

It makes me very worried for all people of Thailand.  

I wouldn't be too  worried, many can give up  jobs and go back home and work on the land  although the shock of that may finish them off whereas in some western countries that's  not an option.

52 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

I wouldn't be too  worried, many can give up  jobs and go back home and work on the land  although the shock of that may finish them off whereas in some western countries that's  not an option.

I really don't think that some people understand what it's like to lose a loved one whom you cannot visit in a hospital, as I just went through.  Where I live, the hospitals are at capacity and are strictly off limits for any unnecessary visits, full stop.  

Our lockdowns are real, and they are here because they are protecting our health care system from what could happen if it gets out of control, particularly on wards where there are sick people.

Now I know that you didn't necessarily mean or insinuate what I just typed, but I typed it out for anyone who may be questioning some of these lockdowns.  

You don't want to know what we went through.