Passport Expiring, Visa Expiring, Flight Canceled

I entered Thailand from Malaysia on a tourist visa before the pandemic.

Extended my visa a couple times and the final one is expiring end of April.

I booked a flight ticket to go home last month, the flight has been rescheduled a few times and finally today they informed me the flight has been cancelled.

Currently there's no other flight available.

My Passport is expiring end of this month too.

Any suggestion what can I do now? Any advice would be appreciated.

• Haha 2

you have really painted yourself into a corner, unless your home country issue on the spot replacement passports you really only have 3 options to avoid overstay,

1, book another flight to leave before expiry of permission to stay stamp and passport expiry date, but you will have to check any stop over countries rules on passport requirements for entry,

2, obtain an emergency travel document

3, will they issue another extension that extends beyond your passports expiry date?

good luck

• Like 2

The first step is to contact your embassy to get emergency passport or travel document.

Where are you traveling to?

11 minutes ago, steve187 said:

3, will they issue another extension that extends beyond your passports expiry date?

No

They will only issue it to the day the passport expires.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

During these covid times, its best to book flights less than 2 weeks before departure, unless you are going to fly on one of the few really reliable airlines.  Many airlines are still selling tickets months in advance, and then just canceling them a few weeks before departure.  It's a great scam to generate revenue without actually doing anything.

Is Singapore Airlines a reliable airline Bangkok to Australia? Or should I panic?

You need to speak to your Embassy or an Attorney for a legal answer, but I'm guessing the answer will be the same, "find a way out quickly before you enter an overstay status"..

I'm not sure if there are any exceptions since air travel has been running. 

Your best bet is get on a flight, any leg that can connect you to your home country.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The first step is to contact your embassy to get emergency passport or travel document.

Where are you traveling to?

No

They will only issue it to the day the passport expires.

Hi joe, do you know what's the process to extend thai visa to the day the passport expires? my visa is expiring on 28th April and my passport is expiring 3rd May.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

During these covid times, its best to book flights less than 2 weeks before departure, unless you are going to fly on one of the few really reliable airlines.  Many airlines are still selling tickets months in advance, and then just canceling them a few weeks before departure.  It's a great scam to generate revenue without actually doing anything.

I booked the flight exactly (MAS Airlines) 2 weeks ago, and I was only informed the flight is cancelled yesterday.

9 hours ago, natway09 said:

Your Embassy can arrange a new  passport or"vitre de Voyage" an emergency doc' allowing you to travel home .

You still have not said where you are from ? Why did you leave it so late?

I am from Malaysia. Have contacted the embassy and waiting for their reply.

Well, I was hoping the pandemic will get better... didn't expect 3rd wave.

This is actually the second time I booked an air ticket with MAS Airline to go home.

But it was cancelled again.

Thai Airways has a flight on May, will they cancel the flight again?

I am really lost confidence with Airlines now. 

Should I book another flight with Thai Airway and hoping they will not cancel the flight?

7 hours ago, aj73 said:

You need to speak to your Embassy or an Attorney for a legal answer, but I'm guessing the answer will be the same, "find a way out quickly before you enter an overstay status"..

I'm not sure if there are any exceptions since air travel has been running. 

Your best bet is get on a flight, any leg that can connect you to your home country.

"find a way out quickly before you enter an overstay status" This is what I am expecting too

5 hours ago, georgey said:

Ridiculous to ask a question on this forum, 15 hours ago, & not bother to answer the questions asked of you by people try to offer constructive suggestions as to what you should do.....

apologise for the late reply as I was busy finding tickets, contacting embassy... 

1 hour ago, loveinbangkok said:

I am from Malaysia. Have contacted the embassy and waiting for their reply.

Well, I was hoping the pandemic will get better... didn't expect 3rd wave.

To get home at short notice, you may need to fly Singapore Airlines via Singapore. This will be expensive, and you need to confirm that the transfer will be permitted.

15 hours ago, carlyai said:

Is Singapore Airlines a reliable airline Bangkok to Australia? Or should I panic?

You are unlikely to get into Australia. It's not the flight that's the problem, Australia currently has a very strict quota on how many citizens can enter and you will be unlikely to be able to board.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

To get home at short notice, you may need to fly Singapore Airlines via Singapore. This will be expensive, and you need to confirm that the transfer will be permitted.

Yep, that route will work fine.  You can transit Singapore with no problem if coming from Thailand.  Singapore flew to KL just this morning (I can confirm that because I am sitting in singapore airport right now and heard the departure call awhile ago).  The ticket shouldn't be terribly expensive.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They would not issue a extension of stay if you only have 4 days of passport validity. If they did it would be 7 days to leave the country after you apply for a extension, pay the 1900 baht and it is denied.

That could only be a emergency travel document that would allow you to enter Malaysia. If you got one immigration might do the 7 days to leave to the day your passport expires.

If you could not get a flight out be for your passport expires and you leave with a emergency travel document you would pay a 500 baht fine for each day of overstay.

There are some crossings open for repatriating Malaysians your embassy should be able to help to make the arrangement for clearance to enter. There is a Malaysian consulate in Songkhla that may handle crossings for repatriation. See: https://www.kln.gov.my/web/tha_songkhla

Looking at the IATA website you may need to complete this form to enter Malaysia.

http://www.nadma.gov.my/images/nadma/documents/garispanduan/LETTER_OF_UNDERTAKING_AND_INDEMNITY_24_July_2020_rev_Dec_2020.pdf

You need to contact your embassy or consulate ASAP to make arrangement to leave.

Thank you for your reply, it helps a lot.

6 hours ago, loveinbangkok said:

What about Thai Airways? I am thinking to book it.

Thai Airways has been known to cancel flights. You can save some money by using them if you are lucky, but in your situation I would not take chances.

13 hours ago, loveinbangkok said:

What about Thai Airways? I am thinking to book it.

No, No, No....They are not reliable.  They haven't been actually flying the bkk to KL route.  They will very likely cancel your flight if you book with them.  Currently, I would strongly recommend singapore for that route.  They have quite cheap flights starting at 125 USD.