Passport Expiring, Visa Expiring, Flight Canceled

6 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

They haven't been actually flying the bkk to KL route.  

I think they have been doing some repatriation flights to KL for Thais wanting to return. They accept departing passengers from here that can enter Malaysia.

1 hour ago, Phillip9 said:

No, No, No....They are not reliable.  They haven't been actually flying the bkk to KL route.  They will very likely cancel your flight if you book with them.  Currently, I would strongly recommend singapore for that route.  They have quite cheap flights starting at 125 USD.

Agree Thai are unreliable, although they have been flying the route (3 times in March, nothing yet in April).  Singapore adds in a transit which I'm sure the OP would prefer to avoid.

OP.  You may also want to look at Ethiopian or Oman Air, both of whom are running tag-ons from their home-base to BKK flights onwards to KUL.  Ethiopian can be booked on line, but Oman probably needs a phone call if they're selling tickets for this sector.  Ethiopian has had a couple of cancellations so go for the Thursday flight as it's the Sunday one that's been cancelled when it happened (once in March and once in April).

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think they have been doing some repatriation flights to KL for Thais wanting to return. They accept departing passengers from here that can enter Malaysia.

It's very suspicious that they have no flights at all scheduled for the next 2 weeks, and then after that 2 flights scheduled every week. 

This is the same game many airlines are playing:  Keep flights on the schedule they know they won't actually fly, then cancel them 2 weeks before departure.  Then they will try not to give you a refund.

OP:  If you want to try booking with Thai, wait until less than one week before departure to book the flight.  Airlines usually won't cancel a flight on short notice.

On 4/18/2021 at 1:10 AM, marcus111 said:

It's not rocket science....

If you are from Malaysia...

Just travel by land and walk across the border.

Last year when I was stuck in Thailand I applied to cross the border to Malaysia; it took about a month to approve, and a flight left the following day so I never used it. I recollect the land crossings were forbidden later, but maybe not for Malaysian citizens.

11 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

It's very suspicious that they have no flights at all scheduled for the next 2 weeks, and then after that 2 flights scheduled every week. 

This is the same game many airlines are playing:  Keep flights on the schedule they know they won't actually fly, then cancel them 2 weeks before departure.  Then they will try not to give you a refund.

OP:  If you want to try booking with Thai, wait until less than one week before departure to book the flight.  Airlines usually won't cancel a flight on short notice.

This is what worries me right now, I wanna book 1st May but I am not sure whether they will cancel them again. I see Thai airways has 2 flights scheduled every week for May. 

Will they cancel the flight even like 24 hours before ?

13 hours ago, treetops said:

Agree Thai are unreliable, although they have been flying the route (3 times in March, nothing yet in April).  Singapore adds in a transit which I'm sure the OP would prefer to avoid.

OP.  You may also want to look at Ethiopian or Oman Air, both of whom are running tag-ons from their home-base to BKK flights onwards to KUL.  Ethiopian can be booked on line, but Oman probably needs a phone call if they're selling tickets for this sector.  Ethiopian has had a couple of cancellations so go for the Thursday flight as it's the Sunday one that's been cancelled when it happened (once in March and once in April).

Yes Singapore adds in a transit, but I am not sure am I allow to enter Singapore even it is just for a transit because my passport is expiring in just a few more days. 

6 hours ago, loveinbangkok said:

Does anyone know am I allow to enter Singapore just for transit if my passport is expiring in just a few more days? 

I'm not sure.  Best to call Singapore Airlines and ask them.

A good option if you need a direct flight is the Ethiopian airlines flight on April 22.   They are quite a good reliable airline, and they have been flying the Bkk to KL route.   Its very unlikely they will cancel that flight at this point.

• Like 1

Flightradar e.g. website is good for tracking how many times if any, BKK-KL flight has been cancelled.

If you transfer via Singapore with SQ flight, you are not entering to Singapore but staying in international zone. And just like someone suggest before, if not sure about it, just get an emergency passport.

Also looks like there is traffic (google traffic shows red) at kaya hitam going to Malaysia. Why not call to Malaysia immigration etc and ask what is the procedure using land border.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...