Are both TM28 AND TM30 needed for retirement visa extension?

When I moved from BKK to Samut prakan last year I went to immigration here to do a change of address (TM28) and also a 90day reporting. When I submitted form TM28 I also included a TM30 (from my condo manager office). The officer took the TM30 but not the TM28 saying something to the effect that form TM28 was not needed, he only wanted form TM30. He then did my 90 day reporting and I left with a receipt of the 90day reporting that had a Samut Prakan stamp on it.

Later when I went there for a second 90day reporting it was also done without a hitch. However 3 months later when I went there again for my 3rd 90 day reporting, the young lady at the front window (where they issue queue numbers) asked for a "notification of (change) of address", she kinda waved a form with that letterhead and asked if I had (done) that. The reason for that inquiry was that my current visa extension stamp was - and still is - from Chaeng Wattana issued last year. I told her I had reported my change of address when I first moved here, but got no receipt to prove it (as the first officer did not want the TM28 that I had given to him.) I pointed to the stamp on the previous 90day reporting receipt and told her that it was done here at this Samut Prakan branch, so she (grudgingly) gave me a number and I went in.

Inside when my number came up, the lady officer at the window again asked for a "notification of (change) of address". At this point I had to do a retelling of the same story. But luckily I had also brought along my TM30 so I gave her a copy. That seemed to do the trick and she went ahead to proceed with the 90day reporting. Of note is that her English wasn't too good so I wasn't able to get a clear answer regarding the issue of TM28 vs TM30.

Next week I am going in for the big production number: my retirement visa extension. I am just wondering if this "notification of (change) of address" would again rear its ugly head and might impede the proceeding of my visa extension? Should I re submit a TM28 just so I would have it on record and not be bothered time and again? Or the TM30 that will be part of my visa extension submission would pre-empt the necessity of a TM28 (like it did when I first came here upon my move from BKK)? In other words, maybe I should include a copy of TM30 into what ever reporting/extension I am seeking just to be left in peace? 

Thank you in advance for any input or tip, much appreciated...Btw I am also doing another 90day reporting at the same time so I'm afraid the same issue would come up one way or another.

I did a change of address last week at Pathum Thani, I took both a TM28 and TM30, both were happily accepted and receipts issued.

TM28 receipt was stapled to my PP along with a new 90 day report slip (it was nearly time so the nice lady suggested doing it), Madam was told she should keep the TM30 receipt safe.

I would certainly keep a copy of your TM30 with your application documents, if they don't want it they will just give it back. If they get funny, just do a TM28 to keep the system happy.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

TM28 not required since more than a year:

Hmmm, I asked the nice lady on reception for a "change of address" form and got a TM28 (rather than the TM27 referenced in the link), the receipt has no TM number on it and is NOT the receipt from the bottom of the form.

Hopefully all will work correctly when I do my next extension in November.

As usual, the rules are blurred.

6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Hmmm, I asked the nice lady on reception for a "change of address" form and got a TM28 (rather than the TM27 referenced in the link), the receipt has no TM number on it and is NOT the receipt from the bottom of the form.

The receipt which you have is probably from the TM30, and she tossed the TM28.

I'm not aware of any immigration office asking for a TM27.

The only form in use for address changes is the TM30.

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The receipt which you have is probably from the TM30, and she tossed the TM28.

I'm not aware of any immigration office asking for a TM27.

The only form in use for address changes is the TM30.

We have TWO receipts, one definitely from the TM30 we submitted (Madam told to keep safe), the other something else! (stapled in my PP with the 90 day report slip).

I'll just keep both in the application pack.

As a renter, the TM30 I submitted was a printout - not a form - from the condo building manager office (outcome of their doing the TM30 themselves.) When I did the change of address along with the 90 day report for the 1st time at SP immigration office, all I got back was the 90 day reporting slip. As for the TM30, a smiling nod (or a nodding smile) from the officer was exhibited as (ephemeral) proof of acceptance!

The trouble with this system is that once you submit TMs 27, 28, 30, they'll keep asking you for them.

For newbies, don't bother! Maybe they'll give up on these nuisances.

Yellow book is all you really need to prove your address & it can be changed in your new location.

OP here reporting  back from the front line:

I went to Immigration (Samut Prakan) to do the retirement extension yesterday. I brought TM30 (a computer printout from my building manager); and a hand-drawn map of where my address is. The later was returned as unneccessary. The TM30 however needed further "embellishment," requiring a showing of my rental contract, which luckily I had brought along a copy, at another window.

When I got it back, the TM30 now has been "upgraded" with an official stamp/signature. My curiosity was why this wasn't done when I first moved to Samut Prakan and went to Immigration with a TM28 and the same copy of TM30 to make a change of address? I didn't have a chance to ask or say much since English speaking seems to be kept at a possible minimum here. Furthermore, the atmosphere overall is like that of a well run asylum with people (namely applicants) running around, back/forth never a dull moment. Surely a method to this madness.... To give you a taste, they want you to (go out/make/come back) give them a copy of the (blue) 1900 baht receipt they just handed to you!

• Haha 1