Internet or real life?

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

OP, you are showing your age.  Its the way societal interaction works in these modern days, especially for the young. It has many advantages to meeting random strangers in pubs and clubs, especially for females. 

I was immediately reminded of the expression "Why do women drink so little? Because men are all handsome."

14 minutes ago, SuperGeorgeMan said:
21 minutes ago, tifino said:

and it's not like as if you can't catch a Virus from either!

Pfft. Let's not bring up dubious topics such as some Covid. For it is not commensurate with how many people die because of the flu. 

ummm ... computer viruses, was my lateral angle...

• Haha 1

It’s a lot  easier for a start over the past 6 months I have used it extensively some were okay some were not okay but the one I’m seeing now is way above the others and if our relationship continues which I hope it does then I had success .

On 4/19/2021 at 10:10 PM, SuperGeorgeMan said:

Why do people look for new acquaintances on the Internet and not in real life?

When I was young we went to dances to look for a partner. I doubt such dances exist now, and night clubs seem more about casual sex than long term relationships, so perhaps the internet is all there is now.

• Haha 1

Can search based on many things.

Height, weight, single, divorced, kids and ages, salary, career, education, language ability, smoking drinking.  When I used them 3-5 years ago it was quite hekpful.   All types of gals. I think more working gals have begun to use them with  the bars closed. No bar fine for those seeking that. 

I met  a high government official, lots of nurses, teachers, school director, and a  commodity dealer who probably makes more than 85% of TV members. Make that 98%>. To bad she was in an amazon body.   Teachers, nurses, and good women don't go to bars to pick up guys.   Many want to keep the dating and looking a secret unless they find a serious guy.   I ended up finding my gal on the street. Outside of Emquartier mall with her friends not soi 6. She had never considered a dating site, never went to bars.  Many good gals work 60 hour weeks so online is their only chance.   Why do you think so many are always looking at their phone? . 

Edited by Elkski
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elkski said:

Height, weight, single, divorced, kids and ages, salary, career, education, language ability, smoking drinking.  When I used them 3-5 years ago it was quite hekpful.   All types of gals. I think more working gals have begun to use them with  the bars closed. No bar fine for those seeking that. 

I met  a high government official, lots of nurses, teachers, school director, and a  commodity dealer who probably makes more than 85% of TV members. Make that 98%>. To bad she was in an amazon body.   Teachers, nurses, and good women don't go to bars to pick up guys.   Many want to keep the dating and looking a secret unless they find a serious guy.   I ended up finding my gal on the street. Outside of Emquartier mall with her friends not soi 6. She had never considered a dating site, never went to bars.  Many good gals work 60 hour weeks so online is their only chance.   Why do you think so many are always looking at their phone? . 

It seems you tried a lot online and then you found your girl offline. What does that tell us about online dating?

Out of interest I would like to read from the guys here who had success with online dating what they were looking for and what they have to "offer".

If i.e. a 30 old farang with a decent job looks for a 30 year old Thai woman then I guess online dating will work.

But how about a 50 year old farang, maybe not so handsome, who looks for a pretty girl who is not older than 25 and who is not a professional who only wants money? I guess that is offline a lot easier than online. 

Personally I happy with my gf so I have no reason to try this. I ask just out of interest because it's an interesting topic.

It's where many people spend most of the time. By using the internet they have a buffer and do not have to put themselves out there. My daughter did it for a while.... I mean a long time, but eventually she moved on to really meeting people and that's how she found her husband.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elkski said:

They look at their phone to check their make up, right? 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 5:23 PM, SuperGeorgeMan said:

I was immediately reminded of the expression "Why do women drink so little? Because men are all handsome."

Except those without a credit card  an ATM card and a Thai bank account.