Internet or real life?

On 4/19/2021 at 10:13 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

It depends a lot on the people and what they want.

If people are looking for others with i.e. the same (rare) hobby then the internet is probably a good idea.

If an attractive girl looks for lots of contacts I am sure she will find those on the internet.

But does it make sense for a not so young, not to handsome farang to use the internet to find a pretty girl for a relationship? I don't think so. At least I wouldn't expect that any girl according to my taste would search for a guy like me on the internet.

In real life people just meet. Maybe they sit next to each other in a coffee shop or whatever. Just don't be shy and talk to others.

That's a good point. 
I was just trying to go through my acquaintances. Doing a social survey, so to speak. 
I've heard so much))))))
It turned out that among the friends there are professionals in online dating. 
Maybe not accurately, but I will try to convey the whole point. 
1. There are top sites (international). Such as https://tinder.com/ or https://badoo.com/
2. There are pages https://mailorderbridereview.com/ or https://costaricainfotravel.com/
3. There are regional, city sites. https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/top-10-cities-online-dating/story?id=11544294

So there's this. What it does. 
When he is about to go on vacation or for work in another country, most often (and it is orderly) sits in the first. He texts all the girls he likes. "Hi, I am so-and-so. Planning to come to your city for a couple of days. If you show me the city, I'll buy you dinner..." 
3 out of 10 say yes. And he arranges for each for a different day. 
When he's not going anywhere, he's looking in the city. Also, the same pattern. He says he's coming...
But, inexplicably, it's 4-5 out of 10. 

I listened to him, of course. I said, show me at least a couple of pictures. 
Further, I do not want to offend anyone, but with some will have to drink a lot. 

Such an interesting reality. 

On 4/22/2021 at 8:48 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Out of interest I would like to read from the guys here who had success with online dating what they were looking for and what they have to "offer".

If i.e. a 30 old farang with a decent job looks for a 30 year old Thai woman then I guess online dating will work.

But how about a 50 year old farang, maybe not so handsome, who looks for a pretty girl who is not older than 25 and who is not a professional who only wants money? I guess that is offline a lot easier than online. 

Personally I happy with my gf so I have no reason to try this. I ask just out of interest because it's an interesting topic.

You know, young girls bite, the money. Of course, I won't speak for everyone. 
But, for some reason, there is such a peculiarity among girls (may they forgive me). 
Of course, a foreigner always has more money, and you can immigrate. (Although this is my subjective opinion). But, in my environment there are such. 

12 hours ago, SuperGeorgeMan said:

That's a good point. 
I was just trying to go through my acquaintances. Doing a social survey, so to speak. 
I've heard so much))))))
It turned out that among the friends there are professionals in online dating. 
Maybe not accurately, but I will try to convey the whole point. 
1. There are top sites (international). Such as https://tinder.com/ or https://badoo.com/
2. There are pages https://mailorderbridereview.com/ or https://costaricainfotravel.com/
3. There are regional, city sites. https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/top-10-cities-online-dating/story?id=11544294

So there's this. What it does. 
When he is about to go on vacation or for work in another country, most often (and it is orderly) sits in the first. He texts all the girls he likes. "Hi, I am so-and-so. Planning to come to your city for a couple of days. If you show me the city, I'll buy you dinner..." 
3 out of 10 say yes. And he arranges for each for a different day. 
When he's not going anywhere, he's looking in the city. Also, the same pattern. He says he's coming...
But, inexplicably, it's 4-5 out of 10. 

Further, I do not want to offend anyone, but with some will have to drink a lot. 

I am sure it is possible to meet people online and make arrangements like your friend does.

But obviously the point is not only that you meet people but that you meet people who you like to spend your time with. I wonder if he meets i.e. 5 girls for dinner how many of them look the way he likes, with how many of them does he enjoy the dinner and how many join him later in his hotel. And what does he do if his dinner date does not look like she looked on her picture or is she gets annoying after 10 minutes? Does he send them home?

Personally I would prefer 5 dinners alone compared to 2 dinners with nice girls and 3 dinners with annoying girls.

• Like 2

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Personally I would prefer 5 dinners alone compared to 2 dinners with nice girls and 3 dinners with annoying girls.

Personally I would prefer 5 coffee's (to check they are 1. actually female, and 2. weigh less than 50Kg), then straight to the short time hotel with the one's I liked. I can have dinner on my own after the event.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2021 at 8:53 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

When I was young we went to dances to look for a partner. I doubt such dances exist now, and night clubs seem more about casual sex than long term relationships, so perhaps the internet is all there is now.

When I was young the women weren't quite as big as they are now.

In the UK I always looked for women in bars, same as I do in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure it is possible to meet people online and make arrangements like your friend does.

But obviously the point is not only that you meet people but that you meet people who you like to spend your time with. I wonder if he meets i.e. 5 girls for dinner how many of them look the way he likes, with how many of them does he enjoy the dinner and how many join him later in his hotel. And what does he do if his dinner date does not look like she looked on her picture or is she gets annoying after 10 minutes? Does he send them home?

And I agree with you. But still, there is a certain kind of person. Who are interested in this. 
But then again, I like the idea of meeting people from other cities. Not in terms of sex and physical contact. But just in terms of communication. Maybe it's my prejudices or my limitations. But, I would hardly text a man, hey brother, let's meet and you can show me the city)))))) 

On 4/27/2021 at 3:08 AM, SuperGeorgeMan said:

When in London I had a friend that went on holiday for the first time in LOS. He showed me the photos after he came back, and sadly, all I can put it down to is that he must have been very, very drunk at the time.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Actually, though some of may doubt it, some girls actually like sex with strangers. Apparently it's just partners/ husbands they decide not to do it anymore with.

Yep, I was seeing a nightclub doorgirl for a while, she claimed 1/3 of the girls enjoyed the sex with random guys every night.

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yep, I was seeing a nightclub doorgirl for a while, she claimed 1/3 of the girls enjoyed the sex with random guys every night.

Perfectly normal human behaviour. In fact my second wife's favourite hobby was similar to the lottery number generator, random selection on a regular basis.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Given most guys I've known would bonk a different girl every night ( or even a few every day ) if they could, it's only fair that girls should be able to.

IMO life is unfair that while even an unattractive girl can get as much sex as she wants, that doesn't apply to most guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO life is unfair that while even an unattractive girl can get as much sex as she wants, that doesn't apply to most guys.

....... in the west.

As an unattractive (old) guy in Asia, I've had more sex than I could cope with.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SuperGeorgeMan said:

And I agree with you. But still, there is a certain kind of person. Who are interested in this. 
But then again, I like the idea of meeting people from other cities. Not in terms of sex and physical contact. But just in terms of communication. Maybe it's my prejudices or my limitations. But, I would hardly text a man, hey brother, let's meet and you can show me the city)))))) 

But if you have the right man he can show you all the interesting places with all the nice girls.

I would show you Carzy House as a starter. ???? 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I suspect millionaires don't get much sex from their wives either.

And the divorce makes their 'freebies' much more expensive than our 'freebies' were.

I never said I get married if I were a millionaire ( I'd be enjoying life too much to ruin it by getting married ), but if a millionaire has any sense they'd have a pre nup before getting married.

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never said I get married if I were a millionaire ( I'd be enjoying life too much to ruin it by getting married ), but if a millionaire has any sense they'd have a pre nup before getting married.

Except if they are in love with the perfect girl. You know "my one is different" ???? 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Except if they are in love with the perfect girl. You know "my one is different" ???? 

Problem with perfect girls is that men tend to lose their reasoning capacity when in their company.

I never had any desire to go with a perfect one, as even non perfect ones melted my brain.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Problem with perfect girls is that men tend to lose their reasoning capacity when in their company.

I never had any desire to go with a perfect one, as even non perfect ones melted my brain.

I have to admit I didn't meet the perfect girl until now.

Or maybe I thought she is perfect when I met her but she convinced me soon or sometime later that she isn't perfect.

But then again, what would a perfect girl do with an not so perfect guy like me?

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 5:37 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit I didn't meet the perfect girl until now.

Or maybe I thought she is perfect when I met her but she convinced me soon or sometime later that she isn't perfect.

But then again, what would a perfect girl do with an not so perfect guy like me?

Back when I was actually looking for luuuuuuuuve, a perfect woman would have been one that liked me enough to do it.

• 2 years later...
On 4/27/2021 at 10:58 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

And what does he do if his dinner date does not look like she looked on her picture or is she gets annoying after 10 minutes? Does he send them home?

Trip to the toilet and out the back door.

No money to pay, no confrontations.

POOP

Some idiot revived a 2 year old thread!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

I had a little Tinder-look while I was traveling around in the states. I'm going to guess a 2% swipe-back rate, so about average.  I'm 70, no one under 58 responded. You -and they- have to swipe left wildly to get any play at all. So it's a lot of chaff with a few bits of wheat.

If I were single, I'd milk the Tinder-cow as best I could (3 boys for every girl on it). It would occasionally yield up a warm body to consider as opposed to the worse success rate of mall-approaches.

But if only 2% are even very broadly responsive, it's going to go nowhere 99.2% of the time. Therefore, Tinder fails in its implicit promise of being the girl friend store.