So, only one bite of the cherry?

starky

I am impressed with what Thailand is trying to do in regards to reopening the country. I would also prefer people's considered opinions instead of this degrading into whether what they are doing is right or wrong.   Currently you have to have had the covid vaccine not less than 90 days before entry into Thailand.

Im an essential worker who has been lucky enough to be vaccinated. I am now back home for a couple months to pick up some work and plan to come back again by September it will be my 3rd time back in less than a year.

Once I come back this time no quarantine for me, which is awesome but when I leave again I'll be facing the prospect of doing at least 7 days again unless the sandbox models are effective on my return.

So currently the rules are sensational for people that only want to enter once within 90 days and not leave again. Outside of that it's gonna be a long time before boosters or anything else comes into play and you certainly won't be able to get vaccinated again. Anyone think that 90 day time frame will be lengthened?

10 minutes ago, polpott said:

Not more than 90 days, not less than 14 days.

Yes . Sorry you are correct but you understand the question? 

Edited by starky

49 minutes ago, polpott said:

Only the Thai cabinet and the CCSA can answer that question. Ask them.

Lol so no use asking anyones opinion a public forum just out of curiosity or because I maybe just interested in other people thoughts on the subject? ????????????????

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why ask opinions on something none of us could possibly know?

Are you kidding?  This is TV all day every day is a cavalcade of opinions by people about things they couldn't possibly know happens every day. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Why not be vaccinated again?

If the vaccine is harmless and safe, you should be able to have as many as you want.

What ? Outside of the US and UK most of the rest of the world is struggling to get vaccinated once. I was lucky enough to be in a category that allowed me to get vaccinated at all. It could take the rest of Australia 18 months or more to get vaccinated you think I'll be able to just rock in and get vaccinated again when millions haven't? It's not an issue of having it again it's an issue of getting everyone vaccinated once and then considering the booster options and how they will be dealt with in regards to certain vaccines and how that roll out will happen.  So you think now I've had my vaccine I have some choice after my 90 day time limit expires for my COE to just go pump in another shot? 

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That is the million $ question.

Your joking right? You have any comprehension of how vaccines are supposed to work? so just keep going and having the vaccine again every time less than 90 days before I want to come to Thailand? Yes why didn't I think of that? Shouldn't be any issues with that. Any thing you want to show me from any pharmaceutical companies about having vaccines as many times as you like? ????????????????

Maybe I should just go and get AZ again next week or maybe mix it up with a little bit of Pfizer this time.

Edited by starky
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I have no information on that subject, I live in Thailand where no vaccine is available.

Yet your response was go and get vaccinated as many times as you like? Righto. ????????????????????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, starky said:

Yet your response was go and get vaccinated as many times as you like? Righto. ????????????????????

You said you just had the vaccine, so I assumed it was easily available where you are.

I probably wouldn't get the vaccine even if it were available as me and my household already had COVID right at the start before the closed borders, and I'm already in Thailand.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You said you just had the vaccine, so I assumed it was easily available where you are.

I probably wouldn't get the vaccine even if it were available as me and my household already had COVID right at the start before the closed borders, and I'm already in Thailand.

There is no indication that you will need or be able to have multiple vaccines whenever you feel like it . There may be boosters down the track and Pfizer is already saying 3 within 12 months then boosters after that but certainly no one else is. 

Even if vaccines were readily available where did you get the idea that you can just take them as many times as you want? Ludicrous 

And which is it for you again? There is no vaccine available to you? You don't want the vaccine? Or just take as many vaccines as you want? Jaysus christ

Edited by starky
  • Haha 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

Why not be vaccinated again?

If the vaccine is harmless and safe, you should be able to have as many as you want.

Up to you. Son in law, an A&E consultant in the UK, had Covid in October, although he subsequently showed good levels of antbodies, was vaccinated in January. No medical reason to not have an extra vaccine.

13 minutes ago, polpott said:

Up to you. Son in law, an A&E consultant in the UK, had Covid in October, although he subsequently showed good levels of antbodies, was vaccinated in January. No medical reason to not have an extra vaccine.

Gee I don't know availability, priority, advice by the people that produce them, medical advice to the contrary. Where is the medical reason to have a vaccine whenever you like? Is that best practice?

Edited by starky

Just now, starky said:

Gee I don't know availability, priority, advice by the people that produce them, medical advice to the contrary. Where is the medical reason to have a vaccine whenever you like? Is that best practice?

Did I say that there is a medical reason to have the vaccine twice? I said that there is no medical reason not to.

51 minutes ago, polpott said:

Did I say that there is a medical reason to have the vaccine twice? I said that there is no medical reason not to.

Well your alluding to having multiple vaccines maybe you could clarify your position in regards to that instead of just trolling . What a vaccine once a year once a month once a lifetime? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, starky said:

Maybe I should just go and get AZ again next week or maybe mix it up with a little bit of Pfizer this time.

I had my first covid jab yesterday - Pfizer - in London.

The place I got it done was also administering second doses of Pfizer to people who'd had AZ as their first vaccine.

I thought they were only giving the same type in the two doses, but apparently not.

I may try a bit of AZ as my second dose - spread my bets on variant coverage ????

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

I had my first covid jab yesterday - Pfizer - in London.

The place I got it done was also administering second doses of Pfizer to people who'd had AZ as their first vaccine.

I thought they were only giving the same type in the two doses, but apparently not.

I may try a bit of AZ as my second dose - spread my bets on variant coverage ????

Awesome that's the closest thing to answering my question so far. Thank you. If cocktails are on ill give it a go. I've had my AZ so maybe a Pfizer chaser

3 hours ago, starky said:

Awesome that's the closest thing to answering my question so far. Thank you. If cocktails are on ill give it a go. I've had my AZ so maybe a Pfizer chaser

The AZ is obv' easier to get - I was offered that at the Harlequins ground. My doctor sent me an alternative appointment for the Pfizer one so I took that knowing I can easily get AZ for my second dose if I wish.

Also planned the date(second dose @12 weeks)  around hopefully getting us back to Thailand in Oct' with no quarantine.

20 hours ago, starky said:

...Im an essential worker who has been lucky enough to be vaccinated. I am now back home for a couple months to pick up some work and plan to come back again by September it will be my 3rd time back in less than a year....

My head is spinning trying to figure out in what country you are at the moment and to what country you are going back.

1. "...I am now back home for a couple months..."

Back home in what country?

2. "...and plan to come back again by September..."

Back to what country?

3. "...it will be my 3rd time back..."

Back to what country?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Puccini said:

My head is spinning trying to figure out in what country you are at the moment and to what country you are going back.

1. "...I am now back home for a couple months..."

Back home in what country?

2. "...and plan to come back again by September..."

Back to what country?

3. "...it will be my 3rd time back..."

Back to what country?

Apologies like Peter Allen I still call Australia home, but have been living here for 20 years. However I generally spend 6 months of the year in Oz for work so technically 2 homes. To answer your questions 

1. Australia 

2. Thailand

3. Thailand. Just left Thailand for the second time since covid began so September will be my 3rd time back, thus my concern about the less than 90 days after vaccination ????

Edited by starky

Of course it makes no sense to have the vaccine 90 days before travel. For the folks who enter Thailand multiple times per year it won't work. I'd like to make a few out of Thailand trips, like S'Pore for starters. For those of us who would like to visit our home country once a year it's doable.

I'm sure the rules for entering Thailand will change as time goes on.

On 4/20/2021 at 12:45 AM, starky said:

Currently you have to have had the covid vaccine not less than 90 days before entry into Thailand.

Although this (not more than 90 days) was in the initial discussions it did not make it to what was finally put in place.  Minimum 14 days is the only current timing restriction for vaccinated folk to avoid quarantine.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, treetops said:

Although this (not more than 90 days) was in the initial discussions it did not make it to what was finally put in place.  Minimum 14 days is the only current timing restriction for vaccinated folk to avoid quarantine.

Awesome . Thank you. ????