Covid Vax in Chiang Rai

sceadugenga

An update from yesterdays confusion. I can either have two doses of Sinopharm or one Sinovac followed by a AZ with the possibility of a future booster which didn't seem to be and option with the Sinopharm deal. Again this is just from my small local hospital but they are in full swing injecting the old and infirm  first but I saw all ages there waiting patiently in the production line.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to my local hospital this morning Aug 10(Wiang Chai) according to my appointment schedual and paper only to be told no vaccine please come back tomorrow. So Will let you know if I am successful tomorrow. The down side is if I get Sinovac instead of AZ which is what they are insisting all get in the boonies. It will nullify the ability to use the expat app. as it states only available if you have not had any vaccine. But so far I haven't heard of anyone getting a vaccine of any type yet. It may have started I just am not aware.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, revgreen said:

I had my first shot of AZ in Bangkok (via SSO from my employer), but then moved to Chiang Rai. My second shot will be due around late Sept/early Oct. Any suggestions for arranging an appointment here?

Chiang mai has a provincial health office that helped me.  I would assume CR has also. Go ask.  

Where is it? Perhaps start with the health offices in that long 2 story row of old bldgs about 100 meters east of the main city post office (just east of the old clock tower at the center of the old main city market).

• Like 2

Confusion reigns!

At the end of last month I had most of my right foot cut off in a successful (if drastic) measure to clear up a very nasty septic wound which was starting to spread. Another 24 hours they say and it may have been fatal!

Lying in my hospital bed a few days later my phone rang. Can you come to Central Plaza on the 2nd of August to be vaccinated. I explained where I was ( an inpatient in the hospital) and asked why they didn't just pop upstairs and do me. This they could not do.  So I struggled in (Wiang Chiang Rung to Chiang Rai using a zimmer frame to hop, well not all the way obviously, a friend drove me in her car)!

I duly received a dose of Sinovac, and was told to come back for a dose of AZ on the 5th of September.

Tuesday last they phoned - please come to Chiang Rai Prachanukrah Hospital on Thursday (today) to receive your second dose (Pfizer!)

Unfortunately my promised lift never materialised so I missed the appointment. I rang the hospital before time - to be told that there are no second chances. I asked could I be vaccinated at Wiang Chiang Rung hospital, where I go everyday to have my dressing changed (they are excellent). No, because you are a foreigner you can only be vaccinated in Chiang Rai.

So I now go to the back of the queue - several months it seems, by which time my single dose of Sinovac will give about as much protection as a packet of Haribo Gummi Bears!

Hey ho , Pfizer, a nice idea. I wander who got my dose?

I could understand it if I had been too bone idle to bother to turn up, but my almost total immobility is because they had chopped half my bloody foot off in the first place, and with my immune system pretty weakened by the septicemia and going to hospital every day I am, I should imagine, about as vulnerable as it gets.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

Sorry that you having to go through all this BS man . Some time luck of the draw you get some one on the phone who actually is problem solver but very rare I will admit. But very glad your were able to get the life save op and are recovering. I am quite sure thing up here will loosen up with vax supply as more and more start coming in. But being in a immune compromised situation with cancer and chemotherapy I understand your frustration . And even though I live fairly close to you am in no position to offer rides as only have a small bike and have been taking taxis through out all my treatments. But if I hear any information that might be helpful to you and your situation I will certainly let you know . All the best Randell

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Wife received an SMS from Sriburin Hospital saying she is only 22 396 on the list

for the Moderna she purchased.

She has had her shots so will be transferring to me.

Lucky to get it done by Xmas I reckon.

Will be a lot for transfer soon I think so will keep an eye out for something higher on the list.