Rent Contract Date Gonna get my Visa Extension Request Rejected?

I just noticed my landlord's assistant gave me an old contract that has March as the end date (because I pay in advance), addended with "May extend stay if give 7 days notice."

Been at the same residence since November.

Will immigration allow me to use this contract and get my Visa extension?  or do I have to get one that is later than todays date?

Thank you for your extension and help.

100% deference to Ubon Joe for accurate facts, but from practical experience.... the owner of the condo unit I rent is quite ill and I never got an updated lease from him (4years). The condo office where I live provides a residence letter which Jomtien Immigration has always accepted instead of a lease. I've been able to extend my retirement visa and other business requiring a residence certificate from immigration ( register vehicles,  renew my Thai drivers license etc). 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

This topic has come up often here...you can copy/paste this into Google:

rental contract term extension of stay site:thaivisa.com

Very generally speaking, and ideally, the term of the contract should run at least through the end of the current month in which you are applying for the extension. Three + months is even better. 

Maybe get a new cover letter from the assistant stating that the existing contract has been extended for ______________ insert new term here -- Just to be safe?

As with most things, YMMV.

Well, I waited and got the updated info from my landlord.  Cost me 2000 extra for the wait.  

This is what I was told there though: 

* I don't need refreshed TM30's if I never changed residence since last time.

*I didn't need the contract or updated contract at all now.  **Please don't ask me to defend this.  I just shrug and do whatever they want when they want to get it done.

59 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

* I don't need refreshed TM30's if I never changed residence since last time.

*I didn't need the contract or updated contract at all now.

Both is correct, and I think it's always like this.

I was never asked for a rental contract when applying for an extension.

It's usually only asked for when doing a TM30, or applying for certificate of residence.

• Like 1