Fingerprint problem to unlock phone

My Xiaomi redmi 7 would never register a print to open no matter how I tried. Now the Mrs just got a Real Me C 17, same problem just will not accept any finger print. Comes up with partial or blurry message, clean lens etc, but it never works. Are we just unlucky or is there a trick to it?

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 8:38 PM, clivebaxter said:

Are we just unlucky or is there a trick to it?

On 4/22/2021 at 9:52 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Just follow the instructions

Seems like a lot of people are challenged by this process. Often they don't hold the finger stationary long enough before moving it slightly.

Watch some Youtube videos to get a feel for the process.

The rear sensor is more reliable/useful, on mid-range/low-end phones, IME, than the front-screen sensor.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a new phone and i also have problems getting the print installed.

My old phone was no problem,now i tried numerous times and only partially works.

Xiaomi note 10.

My Galaxy J7+ works more or less.

Sometimes needs another attempt.

Will hardly work after shower/handwash/fatty finger.

If it becomes too unreliable I repeat the registration.

I use the right thumb BTW.

Different finger, different result?

27 minutes ago, jvs said:

I just got a new phone and i also have problems getting the print installed.

My old phone was no problem,now i tried numerous times and only partially works.

Xiaomi note 10.

Probably user error, i have note 9 and it works perfectly. Set up your print several times and move your finger a bit

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably user error, i have note 9 and it works perfectly. Set up your print several times and move your finger a bit

just figured out how to do it,i was trying to use the scanner on the back but it is located

on the starter button.Only took 30 seconds to do it!

I have a fingerprint-activated padlock which I wanted to use on my security gate as it would be easier than rattling around in my pocket to find the key. I bought this in the UK and it was not cheap, around forty quid. You had to let it scan your fingerprint in four or five different positions as how you touched the padlock would vary in practice. The trouble was that it really needed to scan it in a hundred different positions as it still often took three or four attempts to get it to recognise my fingerprint and in the end a normal padlock and key was quicker so I gave up on it.

I just got a Samsung Galaxy A7 tablet and that offers face recognition, but I haven't tried it yet. Does that work better than the fingerprint scanner? 

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

I just bought my first smart phone, is using fingerprint or facial recognition just an option or mandatory? I'd prefer not to have either, just a swipe to open.

No need to do anything giddyup...leave it as it is and mine is a swipe is all that,s needed...maybe not as secure but what the hell.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wanna know why people are purchasing garbage from China , Boycott China Everytime you put on your mask you should think Who brought this virus to your country , and that MG vehicles also , Wake up to China bullying...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

I have a fingerprint-activated padlock which I wanted to use on my security gate as it would be easier than rattling around in my pocket to find the key. I bought this in the UK and it was not cheap, around forty quid. You had to let it scan your fingerprint in four or five different positions as how you touched the padlock would vary in practice. The trouble was that it really needed to scan it in a hundred different positions as it still often took three or four attempts to get it to recognise my fingerprint and in the end a normal padlock and key was quicker so I gave up on it.

I just got a Samsung Galaxy A7 tablet and that offers face recognition, but I haven't tried it yet. Does that work better than the fingerprint scanner? 

The finger print scanner and face recognition works perfectly in my Note 9 even if i have glasses on

Why bother ,I got no problem with it . 

Why you may ask.

Don't want to use the useless  fingerprint thing.

Say you cut oneself on the finger you think it will still work ?

I am sore if one put a Bandaid on the cut  it won't work ,Right .

8 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Why bother ,I got no problem with it . 

Why you may ask.

Don't want to use the useless  fingerprint thing.

Say you cut oneself on the finger you think it will still work ?

I am sore if one put a Bandaid on the cut  it won't work ,Right .

it's never just fingerprint, backup is code or password or squiggle