Lazada, Sorry, we have detected unusual traffic.

giddyup

Whenever I got this message before it involved just sliding a bar across to be able to carry on. Now I get a Q Code, and I can't use it because I don't have a smart phone, which means I can't search on Lazada. Any solutions?

Hmmm, I get them all the time but never with a QR code.

I do get a "verify your account" window rather more often than before which involves them sending a OTP to my registered email account.

Can you post a screenshot?

EDIT Of course I can't get either to appear when I actually want one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haven't found a solution to it, happens on every browser and just Lazada which is an inefficient site to begin with. I'd love to switch to Shopee but these geniuses are too incompetent to capitalize on non native speakers for their desktop version, otherwise they could leech the ever living <deleted> out of Lazada users. Not just the constant unusual traffic, but now more often they want email verification over and over again, too annoyed, can't be bothered anymore.

Mobile is a no go for me, way too inefficient and slow for my liking.

Happens both logged in and logged out, tried 4 different browsers and happens regardless. I think Chrome was the least painful among all I've tried (Firefox, old IE, Brave, Chrome) overall but it still remained too much of a bother.

Maybe some type of ad blocker causes this. I get the slider bar often if my Firefox addon "uBlock Origin" is enabled for Lazada. uBlock is blocking other domains that Lazada loads and one or more probably want to set a cookie that gets blocked and therefore makes my connection suspicious. I just checked and Lazada loads a total of 22 domains when I connect.

• Like 2

The network error can occur while logged in or out of Lazada.

The error gets triggered mostly by particular blocks of IP addresses or when the browser interferes with or blocks the Lazada tracking cookies.

My brother uses a Thai ISP and has no end of problems with Lazada unless he uses a VPN.

I never have problems when using the site from Singapore or Hong Kong IP addresses unless I use a local DNS server to block trackers which the Lazada system hates.

Edited by maxpower
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Hmmm, I get nothing like that many, 9 domains, 6 blocked.

If you're using uBlock Origin disable it for Lazada then reload and the list grows as other third party domains invite their buddies to the party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lazada and all other websites owned by Alibaba use sophisticated javascript exploits to track users data and steal their information for "marketing".

I strongly recommend installing a different browser and use it for Lazada website only. Or at least create a new profile of your preferred browser, but note to not install any adblockers and tracking protecting addons there, because Lazada really hates those.

1 hour ago, Johnny Mac said:

Seriously, pal, if you find this interesting then I really don't know what to say. LOL.

I find it interesting to learn about computer things.

Until this thread, I never knew it was an issue for other people too.

Since my first post people have mentioned the ublocker adblock, makes sense as that is used on the PC I have the issue with, and not on the PC that's never had that issue.

Now that I've disabled it on Lazada, I too can see that the domains jumped from 9 to 20 after disabling it. 

A free and interesting computer lesson for me, and no more issues with Lazada. Thanks Thai Visa. ???? 

3 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

In the past few days I have also now got this screen with no input options, which I ignore, back key and it usually goes to the bar slide verification page.

Thanks, I've seen something similar to the second screen but with a slider (no QR) as well as the regular slider screen.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Can someone post a screenshot of what you are seeing please.

I am NOT seeing this other than the "slide me" and "verify account" messages. Chrome, Win 10, ToT.

There must be something I'm doing differently.

Nope I get same as you too, never seen a QR