Its Too <deleted> Hot

Pilotman

14 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Our kitchen is actually a separate building outside the main house. That was to protect me when Mrs P cooked her horrible  smelly fish, that comes from around 10 miles down in the Mariana Trench .  Its not airconned, big mistake.

In recent discussions about add-on kitchen...since I do 90% of the cooking here (GF has management career and is far better with spreadsheets and reports than the cooktop), I was emphatic about not doing an outdoor kitchen without AC. In the end I am going to install a nice Kitchen Island with full Cooktop and storage in the main dining room area to expand our small counter space and let the cooking commence (with AC of course)

• Like 1

It was lovely in Surat Last week and the Islands. Here in Chiayaphum yesterday 32c feeling like 42c even the pool water is hot as p... Air con on and still 28c in the house. Good news it will rain again next week. 

It's been 38-40 degrees in my part of the woods.  No need for air-con though.  I never use it after living in Yangon with no air-con and no electricity at night for the fan.  Nowadays I just have a small fan, and a very small electricity bill!  My house is built in the shadow of some trees and it's never too hot for me ????

The problem is the high wet bulb temperature, the combination of heat and humidity means humans can tolerate a much lower combined level of the two. It is forecast that high wet bulb is a major factor that will cripple Thailand's farming industry if temperatures continue to rise.

It’s been hot the last couple .. in fact the day the weather person or? Said summer starts .. it started. 

I prefer the hot than cold... and in the summer our room has AC 24/7 @ 2900 a month PEA.. I’m ok with that...

16 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I'm in Pattaya and its been ok so far, The rain appears to have come early which helps. 

I dont think we have had a day over 33 degrees. 

I'm in Phetchabun and i haven't had a day over 43 degrees!

Interesting. So far, this has been the "mildest" April here that I can remember for a long time. 

We live south of CM and with the exception of the last few days, the daily temperature has been well short of the usual 40 degrees that would be normal for this time of year.

During Songkran week, it pretty much rained every afternoon/evening with daily highs of about 33.

The last few days have been hotter but rain and storms are forecast from Tuesday onwards next week. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

no one looked at a map to see the proximity to the equator before they travelled here? lol...

Bangkok is about 1,000 miles north of the equator and arguably hotter. 

People are mainly commenting on the humidity which seems worse this year and can get very uncomfortable. Lol yourself. 

• Like 1

I like Thailand from November until the end of February, and maybe into March. It is just to darned hot

for me April until June for sure. Good luck Expats, I am sure that you can all afford the AC and extra

electricity charge for the 3 hot months, or 4 months on a bad year.  Whine, is not as good as wine, at least in my books.

Geezer

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Pilotman said:

leaving me wringing wet and agitated . 

otherwise known as cranky/grumpy old man syndrome

17 hours ago, Pilotman said:

no way am I sharing my hard earned curry. 

irritable breeds a bit nasty too... 

for others tuning in late, my answer is a continuation of another answer where the op claimed not to be irritable... but yet proves it over and over... 

It's boiling at the moment. Had some water from the local noodle place yesterday and it was hotter than a Starbucks. I sit in the garden with the fan blowing and it just blows really hot air at me. Like the OP, I mostly cook in our house and I leave a few pounds lighter than when I started. Talking of pounds, this month's air con bill! I've now turned to running a cold bath in the heat of the day. That's helped a bit.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Don Chance said:

If you want a nice climate and temp try Goa from October to March. Just perfect, dry and hot but the night is cool. Kerala is also good, no AC needed. Millions of palm trees to sit under and the sea is much to swim than Thailand.

Last time I looked Goa was in India not Thailand where I live.

3 hours ago, malibukid said:

its not too bad if you run in the mornings and get it everything out of the way by 11am.  just get up early.  rain is on its way next week.  fairly mild this year in comparison.  

That is a good point mk, it is fairly mild this year but still has been uncomfortable. Saying that today is OK. Possibly it has been a  combination of humidity and ageing. ????

But the rainy season due early and very soon should make things easier.