Ubon: Drunk foreigner, 66, spits at passersby outside his ex-wife's house - makes national news

Jonathan Fairfield

34 minutes ago, Excel said:

Clearly you think that spitting is a socialy acceptabe  activity and that is is ok to to undertake what much of the world considers a disgusting habit.

I'm betting most of the world don't consider spitting to be dirty.

The west is not 'much of the world', it's just a little bit.

Is being 'drunk and disorderly' a crime in Thailand, I've never seen a Thai drunk bothered by the police, let alone arrested for it.

Edited by BritManToo

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There's a lot of Chinese and Burmese that aren't Thai either.

Yes, in a nutshell, there's Keks, Jeks, Farang and Khon Thai! That's it! ????

Edited by PatOngo

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

There's a massive difference between spittingpeople, something that Thais do not have a proclivity to do, and spitting on the ground, as disgusting as that is.

That opinion has already been discussed and dealt with earlier in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, digibum said:

I know that it's easy to see everything through the lens of covid at the moment, but in many countries spitting on another person is considered criminal assault.  We don't need to educate ourselves on spittle and covid because what he did was simply wrong. 

Whilst I agree with you in principle I dispute your first part of the your last sentence  given the responses shown by others on this forum.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Lots of army camps,send the soldiers on a field trip and you will have plenty of spare beds!

What about all of the empty hotels?

Whatever action they decide to take,it is too late!!!!

So far Thailand has been lucky,just lucky.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm betting most of the world don't consider spitting to be dirty.

The west is not 'much of the world', it's just a little bit.

Is being 'drunk and disorderly' a crime in Thailand, I've never seen a Thai drunk bothered by the police, let alone arrested for it.

Its reported often enough in Thai press. 

If a Thai sits outside a house and starts spitting a passers by I imagine he’d receive very much the same treatment, especially if he doesn’t calm down.

• Like 2

This guy needed to be arrested because of his antisocial behaviour. 

In combination with the addition risks under pandemic conditions his behaviour is dangerous, its assault.

Spitting ‘should’ be banned full stop, there is no reason to spit on the floor or anywhere else, but while spitting on the floor is disgusting and also elevates the risk of Covid-19 spread and other disease, actually targeting that spit at innocent passers by takes elevates the issue to another level. 

IF someone were to spit at at any of us or a member of our family under normal conditions I think many of us would find it difficult to restrain ourselves. With the additional risks under pandemic conditions I think it fair to assume any elevated reaction would be viewed as justifiable by many. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

France

Name is reported as Mr Yves Coquard on the Ubon Police Facebook page along with some uncensored photos of the drunken pig.

Overweight, elderly, balding, alcohol issues, no manners with a much younger Issan wife who appears not to like him much.

Would I be wrong in thinking he came to Thailand as a sex tourist?  

I doubt it was to visit the temples.

1619240495167.jpg

Was he charged with not having a shower as Well?????

• Haha 1